xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28126

NHL playoffs Best Bets - Wed 4/9/2008

I will do a daily recap of each days action. 10 units is the max/game.

Sorry but i will not count parlays, only straight up selections.

unit size will be the risk amount

if you risk 2u on +150; gain 3u if win, down 2u if loose.
    if you risk 2u on -130; gain 1.54u if win, down 2u if loose.

good luck!

please let me know for any corrections and give me a line for the game it will make calculations easier for me

j$
    j$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

1 play on every game today all ML

10 units: Rangers ML +110
    10 units: Pens ML -200
    10 units: San Jose ML -200
    10 units: Colorado ML +112

j$

Are we allowed to play series win xxx? I'm assuming not since this is a daily thread.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Flames +175

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO

yes,i will grade series prices and futures will count towards final standings.

Wyndham
    Wyndham's Avatar Become A Pro!

3* PIT -1.5 +150
    3* SJ -1.5 +165
    5* MIN -120

(Fun to play with fake money, huh j$?)

Bshark
    Bshark's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ott +175
    Ny +100
    Min -135

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

5* Avalanche +115

Sundram
    Sundram's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Salami under 21 for 10 units -115

lowbets
    lowbets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    3* PIT -1.5 +150
    3* SJ -1.5 +165
    5* MIN -120

(Fun to play with fake money, huh j$?)
    hope thats supposed to be a joke considering he laid 1500 on sundays game and won saying if he lost he was sitting the playoffs. and he also finished the season up 114+ units in which he did in just 4 weeks. So i doubt its fake money.

Post my plays later just seen that comment and i had to comment as irked me a bit.

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

5 units each

Col +110
    Cal +170

GL all!!

Wyndham

Quote Originally Posted by lowbets View Post
    hope thats supposed to be a joke considering he laid 1500 on sundays game and won saying if he lost he was sitting the playoffs. and he also finished the season up 114+ units in which he did in just 4 weeks. So i doubt its fake money.

Post my plays later just seen that comment and i had to comment as irked me a bit.
    No one's betting anything in this thread. This is simply words; "free money," since there's no real dollar staked on these outcomes. I'd bet most actually follow through with their "best bets," but who in the world bets 10 units on multiple outcomes on a nightly basis? No one. Where's the strength variation in the bets? Every game is worth 10 units? I don't think so.

lowbets

Aight point taken.

But Im sure everyones unit of plays are different.

Some nights a 5 unit play for me is 50 bucks per unit. Where other days Ill put 500 on one game and call it a 5 unit play.

Sundays game Rangers Devils I marked it at a 7* game in the best bets thread, but I only put 125 on the game. Where in the exact same thread I put SanJose/Dallas Over 5 and I put it as a 5 unit play and I bet 200. Both winners. Sometimes I put plays in the thread and dont bet them or later in the day Ill bet the other team and not update the post.

My units dont stand for value. Being the highest Units we are allowed in this best bets thread is 10. The closer my Units are that I Post the stronger I feel of them winning. So I look at it that way for j$ WestWide xxx illusion LT and so forth. So in my mind a 10* play could mean $100 total with each unit being $10. But 10* is the max in this thread. So whatever amount of money 1 unit is to him or someone they are laying the max they can on that bet.

Maybe Im wrong in thinking it as the units as a 'strength' indicator, but I doubt he or anyone that comes and posts daily is playing with fake money esp when they post how they need a win badly to bring them back or ask for opinions before a game and saying how they are going to risk it all or sit out the rest of the playoffs.

In no way and Im trying to come off as a d1ck or sound like im talking down to you or anyone else here. So dont take what Im saying here personal or what not.

Screenshot of the plays I mentioned above. Showing units of 5 and 7 have different values.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by lowbets; 04-09-08 at 01:37 PM.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

5*Penguins vs Senators o5.5(+110)

lowbets

5* Rangers +110
    5* Colorado +105
    5* Calgary +170

Put $150 on each, and parleyed the three for $75.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32858

ny rangers +113

minnesota -115

glta

j$

No one's betting anything in this thread. This is simply words; "free money," since there's no real dollar staked on these outcomes. I'd bet most actually follow through with their "best bets," but who in the world bets 10 units on multiple outcomes on a nightly basis? No one. Where's the strength variation in the bets? Every game is worth 10 units? I don't think so.
    HMM.. are u a joke or what. I understand maybe your season didnt end the way you wanted there lamo but mine did. I regularly lay 25% of my bankroll on the line daily and still come ahead almost always. Maybe your a little butt hurt u didn't win the yearly thread or whatever but who cares. My plays will always be 10 units which to me means I'm betting to win $200 most of the time. I don't let my bankroll build I'll cash out before it gets over 2 gs. Maybe you're just a typical losing player ranting cause you always lose whatever the case I dont care. I made it pretty clear if I didnt win that Detroit game I was out for the playoffs at that point I was only up $700 for the year and I didnt want to risk losing that. Thats pretty funny to make that statement and not even have money on a game. As for my entire (entire NHl season I finished up $2200 for the year. I'm up NOW 5600 all sports combined. Let me tell u one other thing clown I have a family and I wouldnt phucking waiste my time here browsing none the phucking less posting picks if I wasnt gambling you degenerate and I phucking definately wouldnt put up so many ranting post about how pist I am I just lost money on a game if I didnt. You put up maybe the dumbest post today I've ever seen. and we all know why its cause I do so good and u see 4 games up there posted from me. Or maybe your just mad I won 3200 fading the Tigers like U should have. Any case go phuck yourself your a joke. You serve no purpose here no one cares about your picks. I made all my NHL picks yesterday by the way when I capped them which didnt take me long. I really dont care what 10 units is to you mother phucker. Hey maybe I got to +114 units by accident right. This my last statement on this clown... 10 units can be $5000 to one person and $300 to another.

j$

and yes u lame dick all my plays are 10 units and I rarely make plays for 5 units which would mean I'm a lil unsure of the outcome but like the odds if I feel they will lose.

j$

I could lose my whole $2000 bankroll today and still be ahead $200 in NHL for the season.

j$

who starts off the playoffs playing Pucklines anyways u dumb ****

j$

here for u wynd........5 units ought to make u happy

5 units: on your mom

cranman
    cranman's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 units on ott pit ov 5.5
    5 units on col win
    5 units on cal sj under 5.5
    5 units on col minn over 5.5
    5 units on rang nj under 4.5

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO

tonights games
    5*pit -1.5 +153
    10*nyr +1.5 -285

series win
    5*colorado -109
    3*calgary +242
    4*philly +126

win stanly cup
    5*anaheim +781

soni
    soni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

5*Minnesota Wild -120

j$

Wow hell of a line +781 seeing that they actually could win the cup. nice find

Wyndham

Quote Originally Posted by j$ View Post
    I regularly lay 25% of my bankroll on the line daily
    That's all I needed to know about this illiterate degenerate.

The only question is, does the beginners luck last a month or a couple of months?

at less than 10 units equalling uncertainty. Yeah, there's no such thing as play strength, hence the top cappers on board varying plays. Again, .

chipski
    chipski's Avatar Become A Pro!

HMM.. are u a joke or what. I understand maybe your season didnt end the way you wanted there lamo but mine did. I regularly lay 25% of my bankroll on the line daily and still come ahead almost always. Maybe your a little butt hurt u didn't win the yearly thread or whatever but who cares. My plays will always be 10 units which to me means I'm betting to win $200 most of the time. I don't let my bankroll build I'll cash out before it gets over 2 gs. Maybe you're just a typical losing player ranting cause you always lose whatever the case I dont care. I made it pretty clear if I didnt win that Detroit game I was out for the playoffs at that point I was only up $700 for the year and I didnt want to risk losing that. Thats pretty funny to make that statement and not even have money on a game. As for my entire (entire NHl season I finished up $2200 for the year. I'm up NOW 5600 all sports combined. Let me tell u one other thing clown I have a family and I wouldnt phucking waiste my time here browsing none the phucking less posting picks if I wasnt gambling you degenerate and I phucking definately wouldnt put up so many ranting post about how pist I am I just lost money on a game if I didnt. You put up maybe the dumbest post today I've ever seen. and we all know why its cause I do so good and u see 4 games up there posted from me. Or maybe your just mad I won 3200 fading the Tigers like U should have. Any case go phuck yourself your a joke. You serve no purpose here no one cares about your picks. I made all my NHL picks yesterday by the way when I capped them which didnt take me long. I really dont care what 10 units is to you mother phucker. Hey maybe I got to +114 units by accident right. This my last statement on this clown... 10 units can be $5000 to one person and $300 to another.
    wow , I actually read all of that . Guess he told you !

I like your plays for wed J .

Mine are : Penguins -200 and Sharks -200

j$

The top cappers are at the top. Where your not. U can cry all day like a little girl which we now know u are. Maybe it's your time of the month but quit bitching about how I make more then u and have more units then u. If I made all my plays 5 units I'd still be better then u so what's your point but to cry like a bitc*--- talking to u WYN

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Series: Rangers -121, Flames +235

Tonight: Rangers/Devils UNDER 4.5 (-105), Flames +160

All for one unit

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Regulation Only:
    5* Ottawa Senators +0.5 +103
    5* Calgary Flames +0.5 +172

O/T included:
    10* Calgary Flames +1.5 -189
    1* Calgary Flames +172

10* Ottawa Senators +1.5 -163
    1* Ottawa Senators +177

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minn -135 2.7 units to win 2

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    Regulation Only:
    5* Calgary Flames +0.5 +172
    The correct line should be +100

lowbets

That's all I needed to know about this illiterate degenerate.

The only question is, does the beginners luck last a month or a couple of months?

at less than 10 units equalling uncertainty. Yeah, there's no such thing as play strength, hence the top cappers on board varying plays. Again, .
    No such thing as play strength ?

So why have 3* 5* 7* 10* if someones willing to bet more they obviously feel strongly about the play they are making. No?

Sorry but if j$ makes 10* plays one night and makes a 5* another night obviously he feel confident about the bet to bet 5* but not as confident as other bets as a 10* play. From looking at other 'best plays' thread you can see that reguardless of how many a persons unit is the more they put as a unit the more they feel strongly for that bet to win. So yes to me there is play strength.

And beginners luck for j$, I assume your beginners luck has already run aground then huh ? Although my ship has yet to sail.

j$

Just let it go Low.. no point in even responding to the guy.. he's basically shitting on this awsome thread by xxx so I'm just gonna try to respect his thread and not respond to the guy anymore. Even minus the unit system my record speaks for itself below

lowbets

Just let it go Low.. no point in even responding to the guy.. he's basically shitting on this awsome thread by xxx so I'm just gonna try to respect his thread and not respond to the guy anymore. Even minus the unit system my record speaks for itself below

oh without a doubt it does i been on the other end of your bets numerous times. lets just not compare records huh?!

12 Last