juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Hockey BEST BETS - Tuesday 02/21/2006

Onlooker, Hope you dont mind me opening this topic. I'm going to sleep and just made my bets for tomorrow.

Kazakhstan +0.5 @ -122 / 3 units

Latvia has been really bad. They lost to russia 9-2 and to sweden 6-1. They have defense full of holes. Kazakhs is not a better team on paper, but they fight hard. Last games narrow losses, 1-2 to Slovakia and 0-1 to Russia. They have ok offensive players and the game against Russia they had great scoring chances. Latvias team spririt seems down and i wouldn't be surprised if kazakhstan wins. Taking the +0.5 to cover a draw.

Switzerland-Italy Under 5 @ +104 / 3 units

Swiss plays defensive game and have good goalies. Italy has been quite decent considering their skill level. They drawed with Germany and played ok against Czech losing 1-4. Jason Muzzatti will start on goal for Italy. He is pretty good goalie and i'm sure Italy as a host country wants to show their best in the last game. Under with this price is worth a shot imo.

Finland -2.5 @ +104 / 4 units

Finland has already won their group, but i don't think they will take this game too easily. 1st and 2nd line will get a bit more rest probably, but there is a lot of talent in other lines. This is a game for them to show what they can do. Germany is really quite poor team. They play tough physical game, but lack skills. They were in big trouble against Italy and was lucky to draw. Against Swiss they played a bit better and drawed also. I'm gonna ride my home country boys once again, as they have been good for me so far.
    Last edited by juuso; 02-20-06 at 09:22 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Quote Originally Posted by juuso
    Onlooker, Hope you dont mind me opening this topic. I'm going to sleep and just made my bets for tomorrow.
    No not at all juuso. Thanks for starting it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Who do you like today?

I will track everybodies plays, so please make sure you post a line.

Also, I don't mind if you post parlays, teasers, or round robins, but these plays will not be reflected in the standings.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Taking a shot with the only team not to have covered a game yet:

USA ML +250

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Yesterdays results: -1.00

Adamo: 1-1 +0.00
    juuso: 1-2 -1.00

juuso

Finland played a bit sloppy but should have scored from the opportunities in 3rd

Adding:

Russia -0.5 @ -111 / 5 units

US has played quite poor game whole tournament. They haven't been able to score from powerplays. Against Sweden they played nearly 4 minutes 5 on 3 with not even getting much of shots on goal. Fast and skillfull Russians like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin
    might be too much for the slow American defensemen to handle.

The G
    The G's Avatar Become A Pro!

russia -0.5 -111 10 u

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

The G

It is much better if you pot BEFORE the game not After.

Jusso, I nearly had a heart attack watching that game. I actually had to leave the room a couple of times!!!

I hammered the over and Russia. Alot of money.

I need some Stoli to settle my nerves.
    Man, that was cruel and unusual punnishment.

I have come to the conclusion that when i bet alot on a game that I should not watch.
    I saw my whole life flash before my eyes a couple of times during the third period.

I can't wait till Pinny gets the lines up for the next games.
    The Finland vs USA should be very interesting.

The G
    The G's Avatar Become A Pro!

i bet them dead money- i am new here i am sorry. like your av

juuso

Hehe. Really a heart attack game. USA played their best game of the tournament so far. Russia took a lot of penalties and US powerplay was good this time. Still, Russia was able to take it. Win is a win

Sweden lost on purpose. I watched some parts of the game and it was evident. They wanted to play Swiss instead of Canada and can't really blame them for that. Wise tactical decision, but i was expecting them not to do it.

Will be really interesting to see the odds for the playoff games. Finland will win tomorrow

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't think Finland wins if the USA plays as well as they did today, and has DiPietro in goal. Unfortunately, I tend to doubt the US's consistency, and think they fall tomorrow. Still, you have to like +175 odds with a team that would have been favored over their opponent three days earlier.
    Please post who you've got tomorrow as eastly as possible. I have a play I feel quite strongly about, but would rather not fade you, juuso.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

Czech -.5 +131 ....1.5 units
    Russia +132 ML......1 unit

Maybe not best bets , but alot of value with teams I feel have a shot.

Leaning with Finland -.5......waiting for a better line though

This is for Wednesday...........

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Todays results: +0.00

juuso: 2-2 +1.00
    Razz: 0-1 -1.00