PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Habs too English???

check out this absurd article. No wonder why Canadians have issues with the frenchies in quebec.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...rois-habs.html

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

F*ck the French Canadians. You guys are a bunch of cry babies when it comes to your language. Nobody likes the language in Southern Ontario (where I'm from) and were forced to learn it just like your forced to learn english. Mind your own business and we'll mind ours.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF
    Baxter Man13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck with Gomez

ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    F*ck the French Canadians. You guys are a bunch of cry babies when it comes to your language. Nobody likes the language in Southern Ontario (where I'm from) and were forced to learn it just like your forced to learn english. Mind your own business and we'll mind ours.
    How is it your business anyway that Quebecers want a larger Francophone representativity in their province's only professional hockey team? It doesn't have anything to do with having players already on the team being forced to learn a new language. It's simply about asking the Habs management not giving up on a long-time tradition to bring in talent from our own backyard. Most of the glory days have come when ppl from Quebec could identify with great players like Jean Beliveau, Rocket Richard, Guy Lafleur, Patrick Roy, etc.

I personnally find it perfectly understandable that Habs fans would be unhappy that only 2 players from the current edition speak French - Maxim Lapierre and Benoit Pouliot - and one of the two is Franco-Ontarian.

I'll let the cry-baby part aside, because I won't turn this into an ideological debate (as it's not what the Habs situation is about in the first place, it's mostly about the pride of cheering for homegrown talent) but I find your point of view rather drastic, and you fail to take into consideration cultural factors that are unique to the only Francophone province in a country of 34M ppl.
    Last edited by ochenta y cinco; 09-16-10 at 05:08 PM. Reason: typo