VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

VERY EASY play for the rest of the season (5 more games)

Take the UNDER in every game the Los Angeles Kings play!

Erik Ersberg has quietly put 11 games together with a dazzling 1.98 GAA and a .941 SV%. Wanted to make sure he was the real deal before I posted this play... and he is. Very quick, very fluent, simply outstanding.

With confidence in their goalie, the Kings are coming together defensively too and are doing a much better job. They are tough to score on. Ersberg has given up 2 or less in 7 of his starts.

With injuries and send-downs (GM Lombardi prefers top prospects fight for playoffs in minors instead of play up here), the Kings are left with only 5 players that can do ANYTHING on offense; Kopitar, Cammelleri, Frolov, O'Sullivan, and Brown. Line 1 is Kopi/Brown/O'Sully, an easy target for opponent's #1 defensive line. Fro and CAmmy are centered by Armstrong who is AWFUL enough to neutralize the two of them. Lines 3 and 4 are composed of one decent offensive player (Handzus) and 5 defense minded scrubs. Not too hard to stop.

With 5 games against division rivals in playoff mode, all these games should be played very defensively responsible and in a wait-for-them-to-make-a-mistake manner.

Assuming the O/U was at 5.5 every game (probably 6 a few, unlikely 5 as the Kings are not known as a defensive team), since March 2nd, there have been 3 overs and 9 unders (Goal Totals: 3 5 2 7 3 5 2 3 11 6 3 4).

Expect this trend to continue and wanted to do a nice write-up to encourage you all (hockey players and non-hockey players alike) to play it. Can't see it doing worse than 2 - 3, and can easily see it going 3 - 2 or 4 - 1.

Good luck

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Miss you

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Thanks man... comp's hard drive blew up so my time has been limited to when I can get on other people's computers... I'll be back with a vengence for baseball and playoff hockey in a few weeks.

j$
    j$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree hes a great goalie

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

He looks good so far, however LA is baaad and asking him to save them from themselves every game is asking alot.

I watched LA's last few games and the team looked terrible, the loss to Anaheim was flattering, Anaheim was in the Kings zone for the majority of the game and had complete control, the kid saved them from being blown out that game.

The win over Phoenix was another where LA could easily have lost but their goaltending allowed them to win.

Today against an angry Dallas team is the day the wheels fall off.

RescueMe
    RescueMe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't now how good he is but Dallas up 5-1 in the second!!!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Yeah, I went with the Under yesterday after reading this thread thinking that it was fate. Unfortunately it was fatal.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

the under in the kings game screwed me so hard today.....

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

does that make the last 3 games worth betting if the first two went over?

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

So so so sorry guys...

It figures that I'd post this play and almost miraculously, the Kings go back to their old ways of playing zero defense and skating around like chickens with their heads cut off on the penalty kill...

Furthermore, Ersberg who had simply been lights out, apparently has a glaring weakness; shooting high. Dallas exposed it and the Sharks confirmed it.

The Kings must have suddenly realized they are playing for nothing because they just started acting like it.

I sincerely apologize and hope my credibility around here isn't shot based on this poor result. This feels like one of those plays that you work for hours on that is just perfect; you get your team at -3 when you felt they should be around -8, and before you know it they are down 41 - 10.

There are only 2 games left (mental lapse led me to believe there were 5, not 4) and given the way these two have gone (I wouldn't mind if they had lost them but stuck to form...) I can only recommend staying away from the last two. I believe the under is still the play, but if these last two games were a trend instead of a fluke, the under would be too nail biting to bet on.

I know sorry doesn't put money back in anyone's pockets, but I really am. I really thought I had something here... I guess that is "why they play them".

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

-

mtx
    mtx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing is easy with the Kings.

I mean come on, you're comparing the worst team in the West against SJ and DALLAS?

Dashwood Clipper
    Dashwood Clipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    So so so sorry guys...

It figures that I'd post this play and almost miraculously, the Kings go back to their old ways of playing zero defense and skating around like chickens with their heads cut off on the penalty kill...

Furthermore, Ersberg who had simply been lights out, apparently has a glaring weakness; shooting high. Dallas exposed it and the Sharks confirmed it.

The Kings must have suddenly realized they are playing for nothing because they just started acting like it.

I sincerely apologize and hope my credibility around here isn't shot based on this poor result. This feels like one of those plays that you work for hours on that is just perfect; you get your team at -3 when you felt they should be around -8, and before you know it they are down 41 - 10.

There are only 2 games left (mental lapse led me to believe there were 5, not 4) and given the way these two have gone (I wouldn't mind if they had lost them but stuck to form...) I can only recommend staying away from the last two. I believe the under is still the play, but if these last two games were a trend instead of a fluke, the under would be too nail biting to bet on.

I know sorry doesn't put money back in anyone's pockets, but I really am. I really thought I had something here... I guess that is "why they play them".
    Don't beat yourself up over this prediction, you called what you thought was going to happen, but nothing is guaranteed in the world of sports. Best of luck the rest of the season.