xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

Rod Brind'Amour out for season

Rod Brind'Amour has a torn ACL which will require reconstructive surgery and sideline the Hurricanes center for four-to-six months, if you have him in a fantasy league team drop him immediately and handicap cap hockey games accordingly

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

As a Hurricane fan this was the last news i wanted to here, especially days after trading away Stillman. Realistically, even with Brind'Amour there was zero chance of any real playoff success, but you always like to see your team get there. It's going to be ridiculously tough sledding now for them to hold off both Washington and Atlanta. Staal and Cole REALLY need to step up their game now.

Phil Margonis
    Phil Margonis's Avatar Become A Pro!

play ON carolina tomorrow. 1st game without a star player angle. its worked with crosby, kovalchuk, horcoff.

the boys should rise to the occasion as they know they'll have to work hard without their leader

they catch florida playing back to back as well

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

no value in carolina too much chalk @ -160 area.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

You almost have to wonder if this could be the end of his career with this injury.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

BBD,

I'd agree that usually an injury like this to a player at this age can be career threatening. But if anyone at his stage in his career can recover it's Brind'Amour. The shape this guy is in, and has been in for his entire career is unbelieveable. I believe he'll be back, and hopefully as productive as he was when he was injured.