PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Kaberle

Where will Kaberle end up?

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

leafs fan here.... hopefully we get something decent, anything more then a 2nd pick and im giddy...... i think he's going to either columbus or anahiem...

Philthy Phil
    Philthy Phil's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought I heard talk of Kaberle for Savard? That rumor true or dead?

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Anaheim and San Jose are also in the market for a #1 defenceman and have plenty of cap space.

PuckOff

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy Phil View Post
    I thought I heard talk of Kaberle for Savard? That rumor true or dead?
    Dead before the rumor started. Savard will be 39 when his deal expires. That deal ain't going to happen.

sundin4prez

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post

Dead before the rumor started. Savard will be 39 when his deal expires. That deal ain't going to happen.
    its the type of deal thats thanks but no thanks.... savard is 32, leafs want to go young...

PuckOff

What do you think our Leafs will do with Kaberle Mats lover?

sundin4prez

honestly, i think we wont trade him tonight.... we will hold off and eventually we'll get a 2nd round pick and a mid level prospect... people are over valuing kab.... but if we get someone that can play on or roster next i will be giddy...and if somehow burk can swindle the ducks out of bobby ryan (propaply kab, kulumen, maybe hansen and or cupputi) he will be a god in T.O. for a while

PuckOff

Caputti will be a HUGE bust.

Leafs would be NUTS to trade Kulemin. This guy is an all around excellent player who played 3rd-4th line minutes for the first half last year.

Bobby R isn't going anywhere.

Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

Quote Originally Posted by sundin4prez View Post
    honestly, i think we wont trade him tonight.... we will hold off and eventually we'll get a 2nd round pick and a mid level prospect... people are over valuing kab.... but if we get someone that can play on or roster next i will be giddy...and if somehow burk can swindle the ducks out of bobby ryan (propaply kab, kulumen, maybe hansen and or cupputi) he will be a god in T.O. for a while
    A 2nd rounder and a mid level prospect? They wouldn't trade him for that, there's no point. The Leafs want an impact forward but will probably have to bundle Grabovski or Kulemin to do it.

clarkj2
    clarkj2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13573

Kulemin is a sniper that the leafs should def not trade

PuckOff

If Kulemin is given 1st-2nd line minutes and PP time then he WILL score a minimum of 30 goals next year. He's a diamond in the rough.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

When it's all said and done he will be one of the best!

alex81
    alex81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Apparently Burke said that 3 teams have made legit offers. Kaberle is definitely a hot commodity as there are very few defencemen of his calibre available for free agency. I think teams will wait and see what happens after July 1st and eventually he'll get dealt later this summer before the no trade clause kicks in.

MathewXB
    Update your status
    MathewXB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

If savard goes to Toronto I will eat a cow tongue!

sundin4prez

Quote Originally Posted by MathewXB View Post
    If savard goes to Toronto I will eat a cow tongue!
    toronto sports shows are saying that the leafs might get savard without giving up kaberle..... essentially there saying that the b's just want to get rid of savards lengthy deal and there willing just to dump him.....savard lifted his no trade clause to toronto and ottawa

PuckOff

I'd be ok with a Grabo for Savard deal, but Grabo is paid $2.9 million so I doubt the B's would do that deal. I wouldn't include Kulemin in any Savard deal.

sundin4prez

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    I'd be ok with a Grabo for Savard deal, but Grabo is paid $2.9 million so I doubt the B's would do that deal. I wouldn't include Kulemin in any Savard deal.
    id prefer if the leafs dont pickup savard.... yes he is a VERY good player and he will set up kessel but i dont like the length of the contract and i dont like giving up grabo....

rickie65
    Update your status
    rickie65's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4370

I wouldn't just be worried about the contract but concussion too with the history he now has

PuckOff

Quote Originally Posted by sundin4prez View Post
    id prefer if the leafs dont pickup savard.... yes he is a VERY good player and he will set up kessel but i dont like the length of the contract and i dont like giving up grabo....
    The length of the contract coupled with his concussion he received last year is a concern for sure, but the $4 mil cap hit is sweet plus the last 3 years are at a very nice price at $1.5 Mil, $525K and $525K/seasons.

Leafs have BOAT LOADS of money so paying him lots of $$$ is nothing to them since the cap hit is only $4 Mil/season. This is very attractive for a player of his stature/point production.

He did come back and was a point producer after missing time to that nasty dirty hit by Cooke last year, but concussions and his salary/term is what will drive the price down when making a trade for his services.

PuckOff

Quote Originally Posted by rickie65 View Post
    I wouldn't just be worried about the contract but concussion too with the history he now has
    Ricjie,

Agree on the concussion part, but I give him credit for coming back and still putting up points which is what he is paid to do. It's still a risk, but the Leafs have Colton Orr and Brown to scare the opposition players form taking another dirty run at him.

I'd take Savard if the deal is right. No Kulemin though.

sundin4prez

might just be rumors right know but nick kyperrious on talk radio is saying theres reports that the kab for ryan deal might go down.... hes saying that ryan is looking to get out of anahiem and he hasent been offered a contract yet..... might and probably are just rumors...