xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

antropov finally scores..

first point in 10 games after scoring 35points in first 33 games of the year. leafs need this guy in the second half of the season. interesting to note that toronto outshot la 44-12 in the last 2 periods. yes la took a 5-0 lead in the first but nevertheless it's a positive sign for them. Hope they carry this into next couple of games.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

It's a sad state of affairs tho, xxx, that this is what it has come down to for the Leafs, that they are laying their hat on the fact they didn't quit, and outplayed LA for the last 2 periods of a game that they lost 5-2. It is IMPERATIVE that they remove Ferguson now, because they cannot possibly leave him in control if it comes down to trading Sundin. I know he says he doesn't want to be traded and probably won't be traded but IF he is, JFJ can't be the guy pulling the trigger on what could be the biggest decision this team has had in a long time. If there is any hope of turning this team around before 2015, it is with this trade and JFJ cannot be the one to pull the trigger on it. He's proven he's incompetent, so they can't give him their one last asset to screw up with too.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

The problem is is that they need to at least hire a consultant to help JFJ with this trade. The only ones available are Scotty Bowman who is under contract to Detroit and Muckler who is not under contract. I don;t think I would want Muckler as my consultant, but there is no one else out there. MAybe Doug MacLean, but he didn;t exacly build a winner in Columbus. MAybe Neil Smith.

Anywyas who would you hire as a consultant to help JF with this trade? Besides JFJ apparently cannot make a trade without going to teh BOD whish in my opinion is one of the biggest reasons why the Leafs suck so bad. Well that and JFJ was hired based on an aptitude test.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

If a GM Needs a consultant than he's not qualified to be a GM, it's that simple. Just hire the consultant to be the GM. And please no Doug MaClean, the guy never gave Columbus a chance and it would just be the same cycle of mediocrity that's been here for years. Neil Smith would be my choice off the top of my head.