fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's gotta be said

This spectacle of playing NHL outside in a stadium has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Shows true desperation that this league finds itself in these days.

None of the fans have a view of better than 50 yards away. None of those players on the ice ever played outside as kids as they are trying to angle. They grew up in indoor ice facilities.

If the NHL ever really gets serious they will bring back the big hitting and the ball busting fights and be PROUD of it and market it !

This is just ridiculous

I'm sure there are many here in this forum that will disagree with me and thats fine. I just thought it had to be said.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fivedimes View Post
    This spectacle of playing NHL outside in a stadium has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Shows true desperation that this league finds itself in these days.

None of the fans have a view of better than 50 yards away. None of those players on the ice ever played outside as kids as they are trying to angle. They grew up in indoor ice facilities.

If the NHL ever really gets serious they will bring back the big hitting and the ball busting fights and be PROUD of it and market it !

This is just ridiculous

I'm sure there are many here in this forum that will disagree with me and thats fine. I just thought it had to be said.
    Maybe the WWE will buy the NHL.

fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats not at all what I'm talking about - I assume ur just kidding. The NHL in the 80's and 90's I remember was really impressive. The purists loved it for high level of play, and the fringe fans loved it for the physicality. MMA is the most growing sport right now and for good reason. Beefhead testosterone men love it and chicks think its hot. NHL had that and threw it away so whiny snot nosed liberals would be happy with the "family package". This is a tough guy sport and should be played as such. I'm not a purist by any means but most would agree you cannot play entertaining hockey with skirts on and the refs controlling the action. You let the players enforce the game on the ice.

The Baron
    The Baron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1179

Ball busting fights? If you wanna watch fights watch boxing or MMA.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

I tried to get tickets for todays game and couldn't. I would have been there. I don't care where I would be sitting. I hope they do it every year because if they do next year I'm there. Then again I drove 900 miles to watch a road playoff game for the leafs a few years back along with 1/2 the stadium in carolina.

JimmyG
    JimmyG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crosby with the winning goal in a SO'

NHL said game was big nsuccess and they will do more...Fan response was pretty good too considering they all froze their asses off

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

That's an idea! Boxing on skates. Maybe put it at the MGM and on pay-per-view. This will please the fighting friendly fans and I don't have to watch it.