Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

How stupid is the NHL and Gary Bettman?..............

They schedule Game 5 (SUN NIGHT) on the same day and same time slot as Lakers/Celtics game.. is that dumb or what?? Why not make Game 4 Sat night instead of tonight.. hockey traditions are big on Sat night anyways. but instead, he goes head to head vs NBA.. how dumb is that.

Enjoy Game 5 gary, because only you and maybe a total of 312 americans, not incl people in CHI and PHI will be watching this game in the U.S..

why would he even consider going up against Lakers/celtics finals?? At least start the game 3 hrs earlier, but NO, same time slot..

Even myself a canadian from MTL, will probably be watching the Lakers game instead of NHL.. imagine your avg american...

good job, gary..

I swear, Gary must be the dumbest JEW i have ever seen..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Not a big surprise considering this same moron scheduled games on b2b days last year in the finals to give NBC free option.

Marauders
    Marauders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

I guess Bettman don't want to have back to back games on Fri/Sat with the traveling involved as well. But you are right, it is a bad idea to be going up against the NBA finals on Sunday at exactly the same time. The least they could do was to play the game in the early afternoon.

Nicky Santoro

Game 2 was WED night.. why not schedule Game 3 for Sat night?? why friday? Then Game 4, why sun?? why not Monday night??

now we have to flip channels back and forth throughout the whole night and probably now will miss nice goals, will miss some great plays, some great shots in basketball.. we'll now miss a great kobe play, or an amazing K.G. rejection on Kobe, and all because that JEW decided it would be a great idea to go head to head vs Lakers/celtics finals...

americans hate hockey as it is.. now they have to choose between celtics/lakers finals and NHL?? that shouldn't be too difficult for americans now..

zigomanisinsider
    zigomanisinsider's Avatar Become A Pro!

Total agree my man

coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep, you dead on correct..

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

bettman probably doesn't make the schedule himself. commissioners just sit back and collect money.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kinda like TNA going head to head with WWE on Monday.....

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

bettman not too bright

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    Game 2 was WED night.. why not schedule Game 3 for Sat night?? why friday? Then Game 4, why sun?? why not Monday night??

now we have to flip channels back and forth throughout the whole night and probably now will miss nice goals, will miss some great plays, some great shots in basketball.. we'll now miss a great kobe play, or an amazing K.G. rejection on Kobe, and all because that JEW decided it would be a great idea to go head to head vs Lakers/celtics finals...

americans hate hockey as it is.. now they have to choose between celtics/lakers finals and NHL?? that shouldn't be too difficult for americans now..

He could have scheduled a late afternoon game at 3pm or even 5pm. That way it wouldn't have conflicted and some of us sports junkies could have watched both games. Instead I will probably wear out my remote.

Leverage
    HURR DERP DEEP DURP
    Leverage's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    Remember this is the same man who thought it would be a good idea to put hockey in places where there is no ice...

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I agree-Bettman (in his delusional mind) probably figured "we'll show everyone that we can compete successfully with marquee level sports..." Just seems to have that stupid sound bite ring to it. I think a retarded monkey could have taken the hype from the Olympics and the Ovie/Crosby Rivalry and increased tv ratings significantly-but not Buttman. Cheers

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2497

I don't know of any Bettman fans, personally.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Bettman = idiot. The guy is a corporate puppet, but his own lack of business sense and understanding of the game is actually hurting the league and the people that put him in charge. He should have stayed a sleazy lawyer, it was the only thing he was good at.

krazey47409
    disabledcantpostorpm yyyyyy?????
    krazey47409's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea either way the nba finals suck boston vs lakers such a boring series with them old as boring celtics be much more exciting if lebron was in it but instead its the two teams that always make it at it again and we all know laks will win

Nicky Santoro

to add insult to injury, i just remembered that also, at the same time slot, not only is there nhl vs nba, but also ESPN mlb game of the week. i love the game of the week in bases, and now i am stuck between watching NHL game 5, NBA game 2 and ESPN baseball game all at 8 pm.. unreal.. wtf is this?? i wish NBA was tonight. i really was in the mood for some NBA.. not tomorrow.

i am prepared.. i already bought me some fresh batteries for tomorrow, cause after tomorrow night, my batteries will be dead and my remote will be good for the garbage after all the times i will be pressing JUMP.. it will be a workout tomorrow for me..

lakerboy

nicky have you ever heard of pip?

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    nicky have you ever heard of pip?
    i was told by my provider that since i have high def, or because i have a plasma, that i cannot get PIP.. even so, that still would suck. i dont want to look at 3 boxes with no commentators. the best part is the commentators and the sound of the fans.

MLB, NHL and NBA all starting at same time. i will burn 1,200 calories tomorrow turning back and forth and probably missing so much as things will happen in the process of flipping channels. i will turn to NBA and Patty Kane will score a great goal. I will flip back to NHL and kobe will make the greatest shot ever.

i am not looking forward to tomorrow at all.. all because of that fukkin JEW..

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Wasn't the NHL finals schedule set before the NBA finals schedule? I thought this was on the NBA for scheduling on the same time slot?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by nj6 View Post
    Wasn't the NHL finals schedule set before the NBA finals schedule? I thought this was on the NBA for scheduling on the same time slot?

The NBA is a bigger league. ITs up to the NHL to be smarter than this. I do agree though that the NBA game should have been tonight but they know its saturday and ratings wouldnt be there cause people are out on saturdays.

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure there is a reason. Yeah it looks stupid now, but the guy is the commissioner...I think he's aware of the NBA being at the same time... There is more to this story and why they went head2head vs Celtics-Lakers. Let's not appoint ourselves geniuses so quickly

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Get some rest Nicky, you have got a big day tomorrow.

Chucker
    Chucker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bettman is a complete jank. It is possible to be a commissioner and be well liked and make good decisions. The NFL commish is rather well liked, partly because the game is thriving, but also because he is actually likable. Hell the CFL commissioner makes better decisions than Bettman. Granted, the NHL has seen some decent revenue growth since bettman took over but it would be nice to have someone who you didn't want to punch in the face every time he talks.

snipeshow23
    snipeshow23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 884

Bettman sucks... Have you ever seen a captain smile when they have to take a picture with him receiving the cup?? Everyone knows this guy is a clown. And nj6 is right... The NHL schedule was out before the the NBA schedule.

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

The NBA is a bigger league. ITs up to the NHL to be smarter than this. I do agree though that the NBA game should have been tonight but they know its saturday and ratings wouldnt be there cause people are out on saturdays.
    I see what the NBA did right there.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like others said the NHL schedule was before the NBA. The NHL couldnt then switch, that would be like admitting inferiority.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

For the last several years the NBA Finals schedule has always been Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday. They never play on any other night. Don't know why they did this but that's the way it's been for years. NHL should have known this. It must be an arrogance thing to go up against them.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14528

Not a big surprise considering this same moron scheduled games on b2b days last year in the finals to give NBC free option.
    I think back-to-back games in the Stanley Cup finals was as low as it gets as far as scheduling. I remember I had to keep double checking the schedule thinking it was a mistake.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

fuking retarted scheduling

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Yea Gary, I'm a bit disappointed.

vmchockey
    vmchockey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Get real, all of you. You think Bettman seriously makes the schedule? Or is this thread a joke? He's the commish, he has nothing to do with that. He pays people for that. Bettman deals with bigger things than making the schedule. You know, like keeping Phoenix in Phoenix.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

this isn't the celtics ,lakers 1984 when 40 million watched or jordan in 1997 when 30 million watched,, the nba has gone down considerably, i will watch both , but hockey will get plenty of fans

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by vmchockey View Post
    Get real, all of you. You think Bettman seriously makes the schedule? Or is this thread a joke? He's the commish, he has nothing to do with that. He pays people for that. Bettman deals with bigger things than making the schedule. You know, like keeping Phoenix in Phoenix.
    you're wrong.. Bettman has the last say in this.. if he don't like the scheduling, he can contact the right people to change it.. he could have easily re scheduled this game for SAT night or MON night.. he knew about this for a very long time that these games would happen on same time.. games have been moved up 1 day before in NHL many many times, and it should have happened here.

This NHL game should have been played SAT night, just like all past NHL playoffs. NHL is sat night, not sun night. that's the tradition. I have no idea why he didn't reschedule it weeks ago.. now i am forced to flip 3 big games all starting at same time.. Now I'll have a bruised hand tomorrow morning, a worn out remote, and a massive headache from all the flipping back and forth tonight because of that JEW..

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I blame the stupid NBA. Game 1 was Thursday night and Game 2 is three days after? WTF is up with that. If anyone is to be blamed its the NBA for taking 3 days rest. Game 1 and 2 are both played in Los Angeles and there is no travelling needed so why not play Saturday night? The NHL is just following the tradition with a day off in between games and it happens to be they played Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday this week. NBA F'D IT UP!!!

suicideking08
    suicideking08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

NBA finals will kill ratings...picture in picture!

12 Last