fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went 2-18 last night - I never thought it was possible

I have been betting sports for over 20 years. Lately, betting all current sports, and doing well. Wagering about 7-8% of my bankroll per play, not the most conservative of wagering, but definitely not reckless.

Well last night the stars aligned and tore me apart. I went 2-18 and completely drained my online account that has been building for months. Yes my 2 wins were early games that rolled over into late night plays and I am back to reloading. My account was up into 5 digits.

I was up on the front page of top handicappers on wagerline for all sports, and winning consistently for all sports during the year. I never really thought this kind of night was possible.

With much thought and debate, I have decided that I will reload and stick to NHL for now. I'm a system player, and I'm gonna go with that for now. I will be posting my plays here for the hell of it. DO NOT tail me, or maybe you should fade me. I'm still in a state of shock.

fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

and YES - the TOR collapse was part of my wonderful night

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

We've all had to re-load at one time or another. Learn from your mistakes. In the early days I bet way too much money and I chased like a moron. I now limit myself to a certain percentage of my acct and never exceed it NO MATTER WHAT!

Since I became disciplined, back in June, I have seen my account balance increase by appx 80%. I'll take 80% roi per 6 month period form here on out with pleasure. LOL!

You have to be a grinder. Occasionally I let the pig in me out with a parlay play or a big bet but mostly I bet consistently on value plays.

And yes, Toronto does suck ass. That was quite the choke.

figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

luckily for me I don't often lay on leafs as they are my fav team as I'm from Toronto. But when i was watching the collapse i was thinking how many bettors must be in shock or elated. I feel for u bud. Hopefully you won't go on tilt and be wise and not try to win it all back tonight. Gl on ur comeback.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by fivedimes View Post
    I never really thought this kind of night was possible.
    Alot more possible than 18-2 it seems.

beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

What percentage of your budget is considered a standard bet? 3 per cent? Five? And do you guys bet a percentage of your bankroll, as it stands day-to-day, or stick with the same base amount whether you are up or down for the year? Just wondering, as I'm still relatively new to all this.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I generally bet 2.5% of my beginning balance on Tuesdays, and make that my base bet for a week. Repeat every Tuesday. (I use Tuesdays to accomodate Monday Night Football).

beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

Solid idea LT. Thanks. With Sunday such a busier day because of NFL, wasn't sure how to tackle that.

SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by fivedimes View Post
    and YES - the TOR collapse was part of my wonderful night
    I here you FIVER,
    HOWEVER i fell flat on my ass reading that you had 20 bets in one night at 7 -t-8 % of your BKRLL ON EACH!!!!
    I have been doing this since 96 when i started playing a bullsh*t government parlay card game name pro-line but i was only able to BET FOR REAL starting in September of 2003 and have doing so until last year with "MY MAN". he close shop in June to my complete dismay.Since September of this year i have been with MB and TS this is my first time EVER with main stream bookies, between october 19th to Nov.15th i went through the MOTHER of all losing streak barely winning to keep me a float .Fortunately i use a money management system that took into account my historical accuracy rate and wager accordingly.By doing it this way you are awarded plenty of latitude,however i must admit that this losing streak was the worst i ever experiment in my career,i went through it,survive it and have gone forward since. Therefore i have been around a bit,hopefully this is going to be a wake-up call for you,be the kind of wound that you will never forget.Just learn from it and get back on that horse to ride it again,because i'm sure you will not f*ck-up the same way twice.If this is to be the case believe or not you've progress to the next level!
    CHIN UP OLD CHUM!!

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

i blame it all on bosh and anthony parker. he did put in 24, but he went 6-22. cmon bosh, u cant do this. and also anthony parker was basiclly useless for the 30 min he was in. 1rb, 2 assists 0 points. i could put those numbers up if i played in the nba, and i would only ask for like 50$ and some nachos.
    Last edited by harsh506; 12-19-07 at 06:33 PM.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

7-8 percent of your bankroll on each game? ganch can probably tell you how often u will go belly up, which i expect to be quite often.

Destroyer
    Destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck Five Dimes. You'll win it back. Mistakes happen. You live, you learn. It's the price all sports bettors pay. Bet on fewer games and you should be okay.

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

My $.02 worth.
    Been there.
    Done that.
    Learned from my mistakes.
    Limit my daily/nightly bankroll.
    Limit the number of games I play, no matter (IF) they l look like a sure thing!
    You'll rebound, no worrys!