EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maple Leafs

Someone mentioned how this team seems to beat teams they shouldn't and then goes through the let down against lesser teams. Would tonight be a perfect example? On the road vs. a hot Ottawa team? Looking at TOR, their three losses on the road have all come by a single goal. I'm looking at taking TOR +1.5 (-160) for two units and maybe straight up at +175 for one unit.

Thoughts?

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

ihave 2 parlays for about 500 riding on ott tonite

still thinking of hedging

maybe the +1-1/2 lines the way to go

EaglesPhan36

Also saw that 5 of the last 6 match-ups between these two have been decided by one goal. TOR also won 3 of 4 on the road.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

I've been one of those guys who has stated numerous times that playing the Leafs as the favorite is a detriment to your long term bankroll, while also advocating that they are an excellent play as underdogs. However i don't believe that the Leafs match up well with Ottawa right now especially at only +175. If the number got up into the +200 range than i'd reconsider. But in my opinion there are far better situations to play the Leafs as a big underdog than in Ottawa against the Sens. Within a week or two you will find them over +150 against a team far inferior than Ottawa and it's at those times when you should strike.

Good luck with whatever way you chose. And being a toronto boy i will be rooting for them, just without my $$$ on them.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

NORMALLy- i would not bet against ottowa at all so far this year

only reason for me to possibly bet toronto is hedging my parlays

SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Someone mentioned how this team seems to beat teams they shouldn't and then goes through the let down against lesser teams. Would tonight be a perfect example? On the road vs. a hot Ottawa team? Looking at TOR, their three losses on the road have all come by a single goal. I'm looking at taking TOR +1.5 (-160) for two units and maybe straight up at +175 for one unit.

Thoughts?
    EAGLE,YOU GOT BALLS!!!!I LIKE THAT!!! (Especially since i don't have any today)LIKE COBRA KING I AM GOING TO ROOT FOR THEM BUT I GOING TO WASTE MY $$$ ON WASH.That's shameful

ANYWAY GOOD LUCK!!!!!

The Baron
    The Baron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1179

I think the better bet is over 6.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over would not be that certain either. Toronto's GA in their last 5 games has been the best for them so far this year. They always seem to disappoint when they play at Home, but a different team emerges on the Road. Cant remeber if Sundin or the coach said it but theres less stress and pressure on the Road. Toskala seems to benefit from the Road as well. His numbers much better in those circumstances. Although Ottawa still remains hot and untouchable, with this being their 3rd Game in 4 nights, Spezza not playing, battle of Ontario, toronto playing on the road and lately playing much better defense for their standards, at +180 that's pretty dam good. At +120-+150 that would worry me slightly. Worth a small to medium play to me. PL is definitely worth a play IMO
    GL

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    I've been one of those guys who has stated numerous times that playing the Leafs as the favorite is a detriment to your long term bankroll, while also advocating that they are an excellent play as underdogs. However i don't believe that the Leafs match up well with Ottawa right now especially at only +175. If the number got up into the +200 range than i'd reconsider. But in my opinion there are far better situations to play the Leafs as a big underdog than in Ottawa against the Sens. Within a week or two you will find them over +150 against a team far inferior than Ottawa and it's at those times when you should strike.

Good luck with whatever way you chose. And being a toronto boy i will be rooting for them, just without my $$$ on them.
    Very good post Cobra, I hope the homers all read this before they decide to plunge on a bad team.

EaglesPhan36

Glad I decided just to pass on this game altogether. Man Ottawa is the balls right now.

PLUSLINES
    PLUSLINES's Avatar Become A Pro!

I personally would always be reluctant to place wagers of any kind vs the #1 team...especially with their GFA average and Toronto's GAA average. But that is just me. PL

The Baron
    The Baron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1179

Well I bet the over. Got a push so its all good.