kanjinfo
    kanjinfo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best way to get over a slump?

ive been hitting bricks pretty hard lately.. but i cant really argue with the picks ive made..

should i:

a) play through it
    b) take a break

?

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

if you use a book that also gives you tomorrow's lines try my 3 team nba parlay

san antonio(tonite)
    toronto(tomorrow)
    denver(tomorrow)

buy maximum points on all 3 (my book lets you buy 2 pts)
    or
    put them in a teaser if you want

will lower the payout but should be a winner

good luck

the payout for 3 team parlay with 2 pts bought each game is
    about 100 to win 360

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kanjinfo View Post
    ive been hitting bricks pretty hard lately.. but i cant really argue with the picks ive made..

should i:

a) play through it
    b) take a break

?
    b
    b
    b
    and B!!!!

I'd take a break from actually laying anything with your Book. Take a brief and honest look at what went wrong (need answers to fix any problems) Practice at capping a few games without any units on the line and get back on the Book saddle , and start picking up the units a little bit each day. ohhh did i mention B

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JAHgger4noz View Post
    b
    b
    b
    and B!!!!

I'd take a break from actually laying anything with your Book. Take a brief and honest look at what went wrong (need answers to fix any problems) Practice at capping a few games without any units on the line and get back on the Book saddle , and start picking up the units a little bit each day. ohhh did i mention B
    I agree....the bets will always be there....take a break for a week or make bets without money to see if you're coming around

figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah a break helps sometimes...the other option is to lower your bets...but definitely the key is to re-examine your picks and analyze what went wrong...

fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree... Like a shooter you have to work through it. I try to draw back the amount of wagers and it usually works. Back to basics and only play the plays you cannot eliminate.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take a break from the games you are only "kinda" feeling. I know slumps mean that your best bets aren't working too, but once you lose confidence in those, you are done for. Take a look at the lines and don't force it. If you don't love any of the games and only "kinda like" a few, don't bet. Blindly taking a break might mean leaving money on the table! Study the lines, and be confident. Don't think about the slump, think "I've gone 4 - 11, must mean I'm due for an 11 - 4".

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!