bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok LT... Which one is it 5 or 5 1/2???

As you know I completely passed on this game, but I do have to ask which one is it.

Either way I feel that the over would be the better way to go in this game, even despite the first game of the year for the Red Wings and the Ducks current problems.

Defense to rule Ducks, Red Wings matchup

By: LT Profits Sports Group | who2beton.com

The Ducks won the Stanley Cup by physically beating up teams last year, while the Red Wings allowed the second fewest goals in the league at just 2.33 goals per game. Not surprisingly, the Under went 3-0-1 in all the regular season meetings between these teams, and with most of the key players back, expect the same.

Who2BetOn.com Sports Picks
    The Stanley Cup Champion Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings were two of the better defensive teams in the NHL last season, and we expect a tight-checking, low scoring game tonight.

The Red Wings in fact allowed the second fewest goals in the league in 2006-2007, surrendering a measly 2.33 goals per game. Now granted, that success was spearheaded by 42-year-old goaltender Dominik Hasek and 45-year-old defenseman Chris Chelios, but both of those players outperformed youngsters half their age during the Wings’ run to the Western Conference Finals last season, and both are back this year in their quest for that elusive Stanley Cup.

Do not forget about 37-year-old Nicklas Lidstrom either, who won the Norris Trophy last year as the league’s top defenseman. Sure these players are not far removed from AARP membership, but they have had the whole summer to rest up, so they should at least be in top form in the early going.

The defending champion Ducks were not far behind Detroit defensively last season, allowing just 2.41 goals per game during the regular season. The Ducks are arguably the most physical team in the NHL, and they employed the infamous Zone Trap en route to the Cup. Well, there is no reason to change that style this year, especially with another of the best defensemen in the league in newly named captain Chris Pronger, who was also a Norris Trophy finalist.

Not surprisingly, the Under went 3-0-1 last season in all of the regular season meetings between these clubs, and if we include the playoffs, the Under was 4-1 in all the meetings here in Motown. Look for more of the same tonight.

Free Pick: Ducks, Red Wings Under 5½ (-125)

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I actually BET the game at UNDER 5 +125. However, that was an alternate line at 5 Dimes, and when I post articles, I only put up conventional lines.