betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hockey Central

For those who get Rogers Sportsnet:

Tuesday night Oct 2 at 8 PM Eastern, a two hour preview of all six Canadian teams.
    I believe this will be an informative show and is a must watch for serious NHL cappers.

DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Ty for the headsup!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll have to check it out on Bev Betplom.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

ducks vs red wings on wed...who you guys got??....I was thinking red wings....ducks defense not the same as last year and red wings home opener....

bigboydan

I'm still undecided on that game as of right now Pete.

The one thing that intrigues me about that particular matchup is the fact that the Ducks have already played 2 regular season games. That could actually come into play in some type of fashion in this spot IMO.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I'm still undecided on that game as of right now Pete.

The one thing that intrigues me about that particular matchup is the fact that the Ducks have already played 2 regular season games. That could actually come into play in some type of fashion in this spot IMO.
    for them or against them?? maybe sharper and game ready??

bigboydan

The Ducks could be a bit sharper, but still yet haven't decided on that game yet at all. The negative for betting the Ducks would be the jet lag and traveling factor.

DoctorX79

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    ducks vs red wings on wed...who you guys got??....I was thinking red wings....ducks defense not the same as last year and red wings home opener....
    I will personnally stay away from this game

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Havent seen any Book come out with any NHL lines yet.
    4 games on Wednesday. Detroit home opener may not seem that easy, even though Ducks coming in from London, England after spending some time there. Red Wings are slow starters. They play 4 Home games in their first 5 games, and there are easier teams for them to beat other than the Ducks, such as Chicago, and the Oilers.
    And remember the Ducks got off to a hot start in the month of October last year, winning 9 of 12 games. In that month they won 4 of 5 on the road, only game they lost on the Road was when they were a slight dog in Minny...so it should be interesting what kind of line they have for the champions on wednesday. Noticed the Leafs play Ottawa in a home and home series. They got destroyed by the Sens, didnt they in the regular season? If this is truly a new and improved Leaf team, what better way to start off the season opener at Home against their nemesis with a win. But I'd rather stick with the Sens. Last year they opened up with a home and home too. In fact they played 4 games against each other in that opening month and leafs were pounced and stepped on.

Anyone noticed any teams that greatly improved from last year. Philly i dont understand, Briere is great and all that. But get some goaltending. Biron is not taking u anywhere near the Cup. They are becoming like a NYR team, gettting high profile wingers, scoring machines and not addressing defense and goalies. At least unlike the rangers, they arent old and near the end of their careers.

betplom
    maniac

Personally I don't see how any team can greatly improve (via trade or free agent signing) now that the salary cap is in place. You can add a better player to your team but if the chemistry is not there it liikely won't make a difference.

I also think the NHL players themselves are poor handicappers, I can't count the amount of times in pre-season interviews I've heard one say that they think their team will be very good or the players are the most talented etc. etc. etc. they are all NHL calibre players, even so there will still be good and bad teams.

I'm using a wait and see approach before drawing ANY conclusions on anyone to start the season. Good and bad will be easily identified.
    Last edited by betplom; 10-02-07 at 10:32 AM.

JAHgger4noz

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    For those who get Rogers Sportsnet:

Tuesday night Oct 2 at 8 PM Eastern, a two hour preview of all six Canadian teams.
    I believe this will be an informative show and is a must watch for serious NHL cappers.
    Betplom. Are u in any way affiliated with this Rogers Sportsnet?
    Let's keep the Cup in California please. It looks all too comfortable on a boogie board in Manhattan Beach
    Gooooo Anaheim babyyyy

betplom
    maniac

Not affiliated, just a channel included with my cable service.

I doubt Anaheim will repeat and San Jose has no heart, I want to see the Stanley Cup make a return to Canada, Ottawa and Vancouver being the most likely of Canadian based teams.

DoctorX79

Betplomb and i really doubt that vancouver can expect to win the cup with that team....Naslund is getting older no more bertuzzi to play with.The Sendins are not bad but not that great but they do have Luongo!Unfortunatly i doubt it will be enough!
    Man i really see Ottawa raosing the cup this year!!
    PS im not a sens fan

JAHgger4noz

I dont see Ottawa raising the Cup til they get a real goalie. Emery is not the man. Plays great in regular season, but playoffs not the guy i would go with. Too bad they didnt have luongo there...but wherever luongo plays, seems the team leaves him out to dry to face. Ottawa would be the perfect place for him.
    SJ isnt too far fetched betplom. They will always make the playoffs. They are real solid at Center, and with the addition of roenick, it should make for a better playoff run. With great Centers like thornton and Marleau, I'd put him as a 3rd line Center. He's no longer a 20+goal man no more, but he's good for around 15 goals, plus he's experienced and intensity is something u dont need to teach him. They got some good young big ass wingers in Bernier, Clowe and of course Cheechoo. Briere would have been an awesome fit for them.
    Add some speed and goals, what a bonehead move going to the Flyers. They're not going nowhere. Obvious cash means more than a Cup run to him.