Event Start Time
    2007-09-29 12:00 US/Eastern (GMT-4.00)

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who you taking bud?

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

I know you are not asking me Dan, but I am thinking I might take Anaheim on this one. Bryzgalov is a pretty decent goalie and Anaheim has some firepower in the lineup. Their D has taken a hit, but Pronger's presence alone is something that has to be considered.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Who you taking bud?
    Haven't even looked at it yet. I would like to see a total put up as I may play that.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    I know you are not asking me Dan, but I am thinking I might take Anaheim on this one. Bryzgalov is a pretty decent goalie and Anaheim has some firepower in the lineup. Their D has taken a hit, but Pronger's presence alone is something that has to be considered.
    I don't know if I can take the Ducks in this game at all myself Puckoff. That team has been riddled with some major problems since training camp has opened up.

I'm with BetPlom on this one, and I will await the total on this game.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

LA will have unproven/questionable goaltending. I'm taking the Ducks.

Man I can't wait for the season to start and to hit the mute button when Don Cherry goes on his off the wall rants on CBC HNIC.

I also can't wait for the Leafs to turf Fergie's ass and bring in a respected hockey mind. SCOTTY!!!!

DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

And Ducks defence still too strong+ all the young guns of this team will improve this year...Anaheim but 2 goals or more

betplom
    maniac

I agree with the above two posts, I'm going to make a small play on:

Anaheim Ducks -1.5 +180 (Pinnacle)

The line is here

The more I look at this game and the -1.5 line on Anaheim, the more I like it.

+180 is huge.
    Last edited by betplom; 09-28-07 at 12:23 AM.

hockeynut_01
    hockeynut_01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jason LaBarbera will/should be starting for the Kings. A VERY big goaltender that has proven himself in the minors for the past 3-+years. Don't underestimate him. Watch out, I'm warning you, for this Kings team. A very highly energized team that will win more games than expected!!

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    LA will have unproven/questionable goaltending. I'm taking the Ducks.

Man I can't wait for the season to start and to hit the mute button when Don Cherry goes on his off the wall rants on CBC HNIC.

I also can't wait for the Leafs to turf Fergie's ass and bring in a respected hockey mind. SCOTTY!!!!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be all over Kings +137

betplom
    maniac

The Kings were putrid last year, improvement wouldn't be a surprise.

I'll take my chances on a team that is likely still much better than LA, new goalie or not. I hear the ducks goalie isn't too bad himself.

Seriously, this game that isn't a strong play, it is the first game of the season and I want to have a little action on it, so the big price will keep me a little more interested. No offense to Ducks/Kings fans but this game is a gimmick.

Personally I like to focus on the eastern teams, there is much more information available on them and capping them is more to my liking.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

just bet small 1/2 unit plays

on kings
    and over 6

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I'm staying away from this one. If I had to pick, I'd have to go with the Ducks. I don't think the Kings have improved much in the offseason, and even with the questions with Anaheim, the Ducks are the better team.

betplom
    maniac

I just wanted to make a bet on this game and the most appealing bet would be ANA -1.5 +201

LA stunk last year and I have to watch them play BEFORE I could ever bet on them this year.

Small bet on the -1.5 puckline ANA.

Game is on CBC HD.
    Last edited by betplom; 09-29-07 at 11:01 AM.

bigboydan

I went with the over tonight fellas.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut_01 View Post
    Jason LaBarbera will/should be starting for the Kings. A VERY big goaltender that has proven himself in the minors for the past 3-+years. Don't underestimate him. Watch out, I'm warning you, for this Kings team. A very highly energized team that will win more games than expected!!

kings starting their 19 yr old rookie goalie bernier.

Tough way to make your first nhl start.
    Last edited by betplom; 09-29-07 at 11:16 AM.

bigboydan

Looks like Los Angeles is putting a hurting on the Ducks in this game. The problem is that it's not gonna go over.

DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

LOl seems like Anaheim were still in vacation for the first 55 mins of that game and Jonathan Bernier was awesome..
    But dont expect the Ducks to lose again tomorrow.

betplom
    maniac

I'm glad I watched this game, it cost me minimally $$, but it has given me a little more info on two west coast teams I don't follow closely.

The score was flattering for LA (empty net goal, couple of pp goals - including a 5 on 3), they had a hot goalie and that was the big difference in the game.

It looked to me that Anaheim wasn't in synch early in the game but as it progressed they showed flashes of dominance. I think I'll be more interested in Sundays rematch.

Nice pick for those who cashed on LA, so far they look to have improved, I realize its too early to make any bold predictions about anyone.

Interesting to see Sundays game has Anaheim as favourites -140 @TheGreek.
    Last edited by betplom; 09-29-07 at 02:06 PM.