bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Former Islanders goalie Dunham retires, takes job coaching goalies

This actually could be good for totals bettors this year if you really look in depth at the numbers.

Former Islanders goalie Dunham retires, takes job coaching goalies

UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- Goaltender Mike Dunham ended his 10-year career Monday to become the goaltending coach of the New York Islanders.

"I'm very proud of my career and really enjoyed playing my final year on Long Island," Dunham said in a release. "I'm very appreciative of [coach] Ted [Nolan] giving me this opportunity to be part of his coaching staff and work with all of the goaltenders in our system. I'm really looking forward to beginning my coaching career."

The 35-year-old appeared in 19 games last season, going 4-10-3 with a 3.74 goals-against average and .889 save percentage.

"Mike had an outstanding NHL career and was very well-regarded for his work ethic and his leadership," Nolan said. "I'm very happy to have all of his experience on our coaching staff."

Dunham also played for the Devils, Predators, Rangers and Thrashers, compiling a 141-178-44 career record, 2.74 goals-against average and .908 save percentage. He played for the U.S. at three Olympics.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

The old saying holds true:

"those that can't do - teach."

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36669

I actually thought he'd be a top notch keeper during his career and he just never blossomed. i don't know if it was the teams he was on in nashville or just that he didn't have it........ or both.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Mike had an outstanding NHL career and was very well-regarded for his work ethic and his leadership," Nolan said. "I'm very happy to have all of his experience on our coaching staff.
    Ted Nolan must have been smoking some mean Canadian Native crack during his off time. Outstanding NHL career? Come on Teddy!!!