TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

NHL Center Ice And NBA League Pass The Lowest Price Ever. Why?

NBA League Pass For Years was around $199.99 a year

NHL Center Ice reached the highest last year at $159.99

Now....

NBA League Pass: $99.99

NHL Center Ice: $69.99

I'm not understanding the decrease... and/or the reasoning?

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

They've been creaming it for years.

But can watch it for free plus younger generation doesn't care as much or want to pay for it with Netflix etc.

Nappyx
    Nappyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 616

There are so many sites where you can watch online for free. They had to drop the price to keep the customers

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Center Ice is down because all the games are on ESPN Plus which is 6-9 bucks a month

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i might buy center ice at that price. i like watching other hockey.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

IPTV $15 a month and every sport on earth. I don't understand you guys.

consom888
    consom888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1589

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Which provider do you like the most, Lakerboy?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I've thought about IPTV for the last 2 years. I heard there are still issues. Buffering problems. A lot of inconsistencies. Audio isn't dolby digital on some channels. I have no problem paying some dude $30.00 a month... if I get all the channels... and zero headaches... and zero downtime. Nobody can guarantee anything.

I currently have DirecTV.... I negotiate 1 year deals with them for the last 6 years straight. Best time to negotiate is early July. There are no contracts but once you agree on the set price... you will receive the discount each month for 12 months straight. I currently have the Entertainment Package. I don't pay a Bally's Sports Regional Fee... but I do receive Bally's for Free. I also have around 30 channels that are from a higher tier package... that were turned on by DirecTV during negotiation. DirecTV can turn ANY CHANNEL on for you For Free if it's not in your package. They can do anything they want to keep you as a customer. I also have Sunday Ticket For Free. I have 2 receivers... and I pay $59.60 a month....

Now that they lowered NHL Center Ice and NBA League Pass... I'll probably purchase it.

When it comes to picture quality... and audio... how can you go wrong with DirecTV? I don't think IPTV gives you that... they may have that on a few channels... but people told me the buffering is annoying.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I've thought about IPTV for the last 2 years. I heard there are still issues. Buffering problems. A lot of inconsistencies. Audio isn't dolby digital on some channels. I have no problem paying some dude $30.00 a month... if I get all the channels... and zero headaches... and zero downtime. Nobody can guarantee anything.

I currently have DirecTV.... I negotiate 1 year deals with them for the last 6 years straight. Best time to negotiate is early July. There are no contracts but once you agree on the set price... you will receive the discount each month for 12 months straight. I currently have the Entertainment Package. I don't pay a Bally's Sports Regional Fee... but I do receive Bally's for Free. I also have around 30 channels that are from a higher tier package... that were turned on by DirecTV during negotiation. DirecTV can turn ANY CHANNEL on for you For Free if it's not in your package. They can do anything they want to keep you as a customer. I also have Sunday Ticket For Free. I have 2 receivers... and I pay $59.60 a month....

Now that they lowered NHL Center Ice and NBA League Pass... I'll probably purchase it.

When it comes to picture quality... and audio... how can you go wrong with DirecTV? I don't think IPTV gives you that... they may have that on a few channels... but people told me the buffering is annoying.
    Every cable company charges the same price for center ice

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Iptv buffers unlike legal
    Tv

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

if IPTV gets better quality I would consider but until then no go for me

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Every cable company charges the same price for center ice
    I'm not understanding your point? I never said anything about DirecTV lower than another provider. I just said what provider I have and how much I pay with that provider.

Overall... I was just surprised that Center Ice And League Pass lowered their pricing.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'm not understanding your point? I never said anything about DirecTV lower than another provider. I just said what provider I have and how much I pay with that provider.

Overall... I was just surprised that Center Ice And League Pass lowered their pricing.
    I was just commenting that all cable companies dropped center ice because since espn owns the majority of the hockey rights and they charge a lot less for espn plus which has all the hockey games all cable companies had no choice but to match.
    I haven’t looked into nba but I’m thinking they must be doing something similar with them too because of espn plus

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

Yes i was thinking the same thing as above Nhl package must be low because of espn+ and because so many games are on tnt and espn now too.I think i have gotten the Nhl package every year since i moved to Iowa in 03.Im really hoping with direct tv losing Sunday ticket next season we get Red Zone Channel with Scott Hanson Please Direct make that happen!