jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How come no defense anymore NHL

Most of the past years in the playoffs it was so hard to score goals now it’s a joke I guess it’s just a cancel culture lazy defense and lazy players

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Teams don’t use the neutral zone trap any longer.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

The goalies fuking stink!!!

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 234

I don’t see diving on ice to block a shot anymore

jjgold

What a bad product

Teams blowing leads like crazy

Bring back hockey from years past

Four33
    5-3-2
    Four33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

Nah under fest suck

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

The refs are calling way more penalties than in the past, leading to more power plays than I can remember... at least in the STL/MINN series.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

More penalties, more goalies pulled early

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

The defensemen don't play THE BODY anymore as much as they play THE PUCK.
    This is a major flaw in today's game comapred to years past, and how I was taught to play. A lot of times, defensemen are doing nothing but blocking the view of the goaltender, actually making it harder for him to see the puck coming at him. The way I was taught is that you have to take out THE MAN, not let him get stable in front of the net (at ALL COSTS), and check the opponent offense, not just chase after the puck.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Washington blew a 3-0 lead the other day. That was a big unthinkable in the past.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

Anything beats the garbage of the 90's and 00's when defenders could clutch and grab all day without anything being called and a two goal lead meant the game was over; hockey should make the game four on four.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Anything beats the garbage of the 90's and 00's when defenders could clutch and grab all day without anything being called and a two goal lead meant the game was over; hockey should make the game four on four.
    A.................no.

It's fine for regular season OT, that should be the extent of it.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10327

Baseball was so successful with harder baseballs, the NHL decided to try harder pucks. These are Made in Japan…… ba- da- boom..

Seriously though, Hockey has become an offensive juggernaut. The speed of defensemen bringing up pucks and getting involved with the offense.. Along with everything else said in the posts here..

Totals at 6.5 for playoff games is insane. I remember the totals at 4.5 for under over. Now, 5.5 seems like a low total….

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Nobody wants a 2-1 game anymore.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is the worst goalie generation we ever had. No one wants to play goalie anymore.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    A.................no.

It's fine for regular season OT, that should be the extent of it.
    If it's good enough for OT, it's good enough for regulation; the shooutout needs to be eliminated as well.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    This is a major flaw in today's game comapred to years past, and how I was taught to play. A lot of times, defensemen are doing nothing but blocking the view of the goaltender, actually making it harder for him to see the puck coming at him. The way I was taught is that you have to take out THE MAN, not let him get stable in front of the net (at ALL COSTS), and check the opponent offense, not just chase after the puck.

League initiative to enforce cross-checking penalties went into effect this season. That was a big part of how defenders used to be able to move offensive players away from the front of the net.

Not sure that I've noticed how strict it has been enforced in these playoffs. Maybe defense is already mentally conditioned to not cross-check as much.

jjgold

This is one of the worst playoffs I’ve ever seen but it could get better it’s early

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If they don't start saving goals soon it will be a disaster for books. Everyone betting the over regardless of line.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    League initiative to enforce cross-checking penalties went into effect this season. That was a big part of how defenders used to be able to move offensive players away from the front of the net.

Not sure that I've noticed how strict it has been enforced in these playoffs. Maybe defense is already mentally conditioned to not cross-check as much.
    ??? I'm not talking about cross-checking. That is a penalty. I'm talking about regular body play and straightforward checking.
    Cross-checking has always been dirty. There is no reason to elevate your stick with both hands and cross bar into the opponent.

nick1976
    nick1976's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 441

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Most of the past years in the playoffs it was so hard to score goals now it’s a joke I guess it’s just a cancel culture lazy defense and lazy players
    more goals = more ratings

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Thank you Snowball. I won't answer this anymore because I've now said something similar to you in 4 other threads (as a former player "defenseman" myself).

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If they don't start saving goals soon it will be a disaster for books. Everyone betting the over regardless of line.
    Again, as I've said in other threads a few times....since no more hitting they have to raise the lines to 6.5 as a low and 8.5 as a high line or maybe even 9. Until they do this, then they will get murdered. I'm not sure why they are so slow to react here. I said toward end of the regular season that there were about 130-140 more overs than unders this year.