Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

First NHL player opts out of return

Travis Hamonic will not play due to health concerns and family.

And so it begins...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Hopefully won’t be too many. I think nhl has the best chance of getting thru the playoffs and bringing us high quality games.

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Hopefully won’t be too many. I think nhl has the best chance of getting thru the playoffs and bringing us high quality games.
    True plus their players are alot tougher on average than NBA, MLB etc. I'm a Flames fan and happy about him not playing bc I want to lose and get a chance at Lafreniere.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Starting to feel like none of these sports will restart

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    True plus their players are alot tougher on average than NBA, MLB etc. I'm a Flames fan and happy about him not playing bc I want to lose and get a chance at Lafreniere.
    Tougher, I’d argue prob more dedicated, and I think they have the best plan in the right cities.

I think blues have a really good shot at least making it to conf finals if not further. From everything I’ve heard locally they seem ready to go, don’t know the mindsets of any other teams. Dallas and Colorado both scared me in the west before everything got shut down.

Unrivaled

Tougher, I’d argue prob more dedicated, and I think they have the best plan in the right cities.

I think blues have a really good shot at least making it to conf finals if not further. From everything I’ve heard locally they seem ready to go, don’t know the mindsets of any other teams. Dallas and Colorado both scared me in the west before everything got shut down.
    Blues, Golden Knights or Avs should come out of the west.

2daBank

Blues, Golden Knights or Avs should come out of the west.
    Dallas was a incredibly tough series for them last year, that was the one that worried me. Their goalie can steal any series. Avs scare me more than Vegas, they fast. Not playing at home prob hurts Avs more than other teams tho!

Unrivaled

Dallas was a incredibly tough series for them last year, that was the one that worried me. Their goalie can steal any series. Avs scare me more than Vegas, they fast. Not playing at home prob hurts Avs more than other teams tho!
    To be honest it is hard to say. Will the players be playing physical hockey or going through the motions? Which teams will care more?

In the end talent should prevail but there could be some upsets.

2daBank

To be honest it is hard to say. Will the players be playing physical hockey or going through the motions? Which teams will care more?

In the end talent should prevail but there could be some upsets.
    Yea for sure. That why I still like blues cause I trust their makeup a great deal, I don’t know that much about the other teams character so really hard for me to judge the others. I’d guess bruins will be incredibly tough as always. I am curious like you said about the physicality level, if it more wide open I think that would favor a team like avs.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

NHL has the best chance, it's not being played in the USA.
    Florida is the worst area in the world for COVID cases......great spot to build a bubble?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    NHL has the best chance, it's not being played in the USA.
    Florida is the worst area in the world for COVID cases......great spot to build a bubble?
    At the time they decided Florida I don’t think they had many cases. That why I like nhl chances way better, well that and just the makeup of the guys playing each sport. Outside LeBron I’m not real sure how many nba guys really want to be there? I know the blues really want to play and I assume other hockey teams feel the same way.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

NHL players I read have till Monday to opt out.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

you guys are on fantasy island there will be no hockey

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Dallas is lucky all this happened. They were playing pretty bad and I actually thought there was a chance they could slip out of the playoffs. I was lucky enough to see the blues trounce them in February in Dallas before the shutdown.

Now anyone and everyone has a chance.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Hamonics kid has been on respirators & suffers from a respiratory illness.
    Manolo's right....there aint gonna be a season