Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Hockey starts July 29th lines are posted at 5D.
    A long way away so anything could happen.
    Makes no sense. Cancel the damn season and begin the next season in October as usual.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Makes no sense. Cancel the damn season and begin the next season in October as usual.
    Why? They have a workable plan in place, which is commendable, just go with it. And kudos to NBA too. Now if MLB could get its act together...and the sad part is the MLB delay has nothing to do with Carona

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I just heard on the radio August training camps for nhl. To me, it seems like nba is more serious about playing

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I just heard on the radio August training camps for nhl. To me, it seems like nba is more serious about playing
    NHL will play, in fact they were the first league to announce return plan. Remember they are going right into playoffs, so they can play whole thing in 50-55 days. So even late August start would end in October.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    NHL will play, in fact they were the first league to announce return plan. Remember they are going right into playoffs, so they can play whole thing in 50-55 days. So even late August start would end in October.
    The problem is that some of the nhl teams made a plan for the draft and the upcoming season. Ie. The Canadians they have not even started or made public there plan to get ready for the playoffs should the penguins lose the series to the Canadians they will have a 2-4% chance of landing the #1 draft pick for the upcoming draft. The funny thing is PGh doesn’t even have a #1 pick they traded it when they acquired Zucker. So go figure!! I need not explain anymore. The nhl will resume the 2019-20 season.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

if NHL had fans bruins games would be sold out instantly

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Will the new season still start at end of October?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    No. NHL might start in January. I can see them doing a whole slate of outdoor games to start next season.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No. NHL might start in January. I can see them doing a whole slate of outdoor games to start next season.
    Just as NBA will probably start season with the traditional 5 Christmas Day games, NHL could start season with traditional New Year's Day Winter Classic.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jan would be better to start both sport

We need fans

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Probably New Year's Day

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

NHL players need 3 negative tests spaced 48 hours apart in the 7 days prior to travel to Canada. Any positive tests after Wed or Thurs this week and they won’t hit that mark. We could be talking about players left behind until cleared. Crucial week for the leagues testing.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

“You won’t hear this from the Coronabros in sports media, but the NHL announced they only had two positive results out of 2,618 tests they conducted last week. This good news is the overwhelming trend with college and pro teams.”—
    @ClayTravis

First 12