Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

2019 Stanley Cup Final: Best bets for Game 6

2019 Stanley Cup Final: Best bets for Game 6

ESPN PLUS ($ MATERIAL)

With the 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs reaching a crescendo, there are plenty of betting opportunities for each game. Our experts -- Emily Kaplan, Chris Peters, Ben Arledge and Greg Wyshynski -- will be here each day throughout the Stanley Cup Final, giving their best bets for each game.

All odds courtesy of Caesars.

Sunday's Game 6

Boston Bruins (+100) at St. Louis Blues(-115)

Game 6 puck line odds: Bruins +1.5 (-275), Blues -1.5 (+235)
    Game 6 over/under: 5 goals

Wyshynski: The perfect scenario for the Blues, from a storyline perspective, would be win the Stanley Cup in seven games after losing Game 6. That would mean they'd win it on the road and after a loss, two aspects that have come to define their playoff run. But I'm wondering if it's going to make it that far.

The Blues are now 7-1 after Game 4 of each series they played, and managed to win a game they shouldn't have in Game 5 thanks to some "victory at all costs" goaltending by Jordan Binnington. (Well, that and a blown tripping penalty on the game-winning goal ... good luck predicting how the officiating reacts to that and Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy's postgame tirade.) I think the Blues will be better in Game 6, and might have learned how to handle the emotional dynamics of this moment after getting their lunch money stolen in Game 3. This is probably because I originally picked them to win in six games, but ... play "Gloria."

Pick: Blues (-110) beat Bruins

Peters: The Blues are unbeaten in three closeout games and despite being 6-6 at home this postseason, they've taken each of the first three series this postseason in St. Louis. Meanwhile, the Bruins have been in this very position once already in the playoffs, having come back from a 3-2 deficit against the Toronto Maple Leafs. That Bruins team, however, wasn't licking as many wounds as the current one and the Blues certainly play a different game than Toronto did. This is a tough call and the Stanley Cup being in the building Sunday only complicates matters further. None of the players on the Blues have been in this position before, and they got steamrollered in the emotionally charged Game 3, the first Cup Final game in St. Louis since 1970. Now amp that up about 10 times and you've got the atmosphere of Game 6.

Boston players have been in this situation before and seem largely unrattled by the scenario they're in. Also, the Bruins' top line seems due for a breakout. This is not an easy choice, but I'll take the Bruins in the unfamiliar underdog position.

Picks: Bruins (+100) and the under

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Thanks Hman

BOL