thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    OMG
    Fuk off

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Totally disagree only because its so late in the season. Long layoff is a benefit now as hurt players get to recover. I know you're cheering for the Blues but they will likely have a very hard time vs Boston just because of the way the respective teams arrived at the destination.

Boston with less travel, rested, healthier, home ice and just BETTER (special teams etc) !

Huge hurdle for whoever plays the B's.

I personally HATE the Bruins but I'm thinking about my bankroll and not with my heart.

If you like money you would bet Boston as well.

2019 Stanley Cup Final Schedule

All games start at 8:00 p.m. ET. on Sportsnet and CBC
    Game 1: Monday, May 27
    Game 2: Wednesday, May 29
    Game 3: Saturday, June 1
    Game 4: Monday, June 3
    *Game 5: Thursday, June 6
    *Game 6: Sunday, June 9
    *Game 7: Wednesday, June 12
    Shame we have to take a good discussion into “if you like money you will listen to me”, let’s be real it will be a short line and could go either way so I won’t pretend to know definitively who gonna win if you do the same.

I like money and been making it all playoffs with the same strategy I will use in the final. Bet the dogs to get a road win then bet it to be 2-2 after 4 if either win the 1st road contest. I have a nice blues future and havnt decided if I will hedge any or not. I know one of my friends gonna have to cause his crazy ass been hitting them every few weeks since the coaching change and they were in last place! We going out and partying like rock stars on him if they end up pulling this off!! Lol

thomorino

I think Boston St. Louis would be Boston -160 St. Louis +140

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Not that I care the Bruins power play has been far better than the Blues all year little eagles guy - go away
    Everybody has a much better power play than Blues. Coach Craig is great at making adjustments, power play had recent success by giving Maroon more power play time.

2daBank

I'd love to see this series go 7 as that would just make it that much tougher for the winner vs the Bruins.

This late in the playoffs and Boston has had not had to travel like San Jose or St Louis and is at home resting and getting all the injuries and soreness tended to while the Sharks and Blues are still beating the snot out of each other.

Monumental edge for Boston in the Stanley Cup Finals with home ice and everything else.
    Blues are not at a disadvantage on the road, nobody really is, home ice in nhl playoffs the most overrated thing there is.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

I think they just rested Chara because of his age and they were up 3-0, I heavily doubt he has any significant injury, he even dressed for game 4.
    Didn't you see where he took a puck to the foot and hobbled off? He was definitely hurt and they sat him out because of that. He was scratched at the practice before game 4.

2daBank

I think Boston St. Louis would be Boston -160 St. Louis +140
    Lmfao

thomorino

Didn't you see where he took a puck to the foot and hobbled off? He was definitely hurt and they sat him out because of that. He was scratched at the practice before game 4.
    Yeah I'm not saying he wasn't hurt in game 3, but if it was game 7 he I doubt he sits and there's no reason to think its a long-term injury. He dressed for game 4.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

Lmfao
    Fuk off

thomorino

Lmfao
    Not that I care nearly every book at Boston at -150 or higher to win the cup right now.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Everybody has a much better power play than Blues. Coach Craig is great at making adjustments, power play had recent success by giving Maroon more power play time.
    I’ve said since the beginning if they lost special teams be the reason. I was thrilled they finally started putting some the incredible 3rd line out on the PP. that has really seemed to spark it. If that continues they will not lose. Most metrics I’ve seen show them as one the strongest 5 on 5 teams since January.

icon

Blues are not at a disadvantage on the road, nobody really is, home ice in nhl playoffs the most overrated thing there is.
    Sure they are, home ice has the benefit of last change which IS an advantage, period. Winning on the road means the visitor has to overcome the disadvantage, It can be done obviously but its still an advantage for the home team.

Bruins fans are better too, original six team with a huge following, unlike the the bandwagon jumpers in St Louis.

I'm completely sold on the Bruins as Cup champs, if you like money you'll bet the B's to win the (series) Cup.
    NOTHING would make me want to bet St Louis or San Jose vs Boston.

snider
    snider's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blues are clearly best. They just need the nhl to not mess it up.

thomorino

Blues power play even with recent adjustments hasn't been impressive, I see Rask and the Bruins power play as likely being the difference. Boston power play kill has been great too.

icon

Shame we have to take a good discussion into “if you like money you will listen to me”, let’s be real it will be a short line and could go either way so I won’t pretend to know definitively who gonna win if you do the same.
    I've seen a ton of Stanley Cup Finals and some have been so mismatched it wasn't funny and I'm talking about teams that looked good getting to the Finals getting ripped apart when it matters most.

St Louis season has been a success as they have over achieved most of the season ans now into the playoffs. They still need to beat San Jose. With regard to betting its all about the $$$ and my money will be on Boston for the series.

thomorino

I've seen a ton of Stanley Cup Finals and some have been so mismatched it wasn't funny and I'm talking about teams that looked good getting to the Finals getting ripped apart when it matters most.

St Louis season has been a success as they have over achieved most of the season ans now into the playoffs. They still need to beat San Jose. With regard to betting its all about the $$$ and my money will be on Boston for the series.
    Agree, I think the best team in the West was Vegas, but the refs stole that series from them, I don't think St. Louis would have beaten Vegas.

thomorino

I don't see Blues getting ripped apart in the Stanley Cup but I think Boston likely wins in 5 or 6 if that's the matchup, I just see their special teams as being a huge advantage.

BarkingToad

I’ve said since the beginning if they lost special teams be the reason. I was thrilled they finally started putting some the incredible 3rd line out on the PP. that has really seemed to spark it. If that continues they will not lose. Most metrics I’ve seen show them as one the strongest 5 on 5 teams since January.
    I'll say it's as simple as Blues stay out of penalty box they win it all. Great coach, great goalie, great 5 on 5, great road team. Nice turnaround from having worst record in hockey after 37 games. PLAY GLORIA

BarkingToad

Not necesarily over achieving as they had worst record in all of hockey Jan 5. They replaced a pi$$ poor coach with a great coach, and a decent goalie with a great goalie. Blues have real good defensemen and can get scoring from all 4 lines.
    Last edited by BarkingToad; 05-19-19 at 05:29 PM. Reason: defensemen plural

icon

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Not necesarily over achieving as they had worst record in all of hockey Jan 5. They replaced a pi$$ poor coach with a great coach, and a decent goalie with a great goalie. Blues have real good defenseman and can get scoring from all 4 lines.
    Yeah I can see that it looks that way and people think the Blues are legit, but my opinion is that they will get beat by a much better Boston squad for the top prize in the NHL. Cinderella and her fans will likely be disappointed.

The playoffs couldn't have worked out better for Boston, with Tampa/Wash/Pitt getting the boot early and now all the rest plus starting off at home.

Blues have had to work so much harder to get to where they are and it still isn't over.

B's in 5.
    Last edited by icon; 05-19-19 at 05:31 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Now everyone is on Bostons dick

thomorino

Boston's is a much faster team than St. Louis too, Blues depth is probably their only advantage and Boston has been much deeper in the playoffs since they've integrated the players they added at the trade deadline more.

icon

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They are the better team, who had an easier path to the finals, less traveled, rested, starting at home etc etc etc. St Louis or San Jose will lose to the B's for many reasons. St Louis better win game 6 or they might just lose game 7 in San Jose.

This is not the year for Cinderella.

2daBank

They are the better team, who had an easier path to the finals, less traveled, rested, starting at home etc etc etc. St Louis or San Jose will lose to the B's for many reasons. St Louis better win game 6 or they might just lose game 7 in San Jose.

Blues have one of the highest payrolls in hockey. Fukkin Cinderella, that comical.

2daBank

I love it. Spewing bs about -160 lines and how much better they are, lmao. We see.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

I love it. Spewing bs about -160 lines and how much better they are, lmao. We see.
    the series line will be somewhere around boston -160, that wasn't bs

lakerboy

I get the Boston part. The thing is that st Louis isn't Cinderella. They were one of the favorites in the west

icon

Blues have one of the highest payrolls in hockey. Fukkin Cinderella, that comical.
    Payroll? So what?
    Blues were awful early on. A timely coaching change and a hot goalie and they over achieved to get where they are, which is one win away from getting beat in the Cup finals vs a team that will steamroll them because of how much less effort they have put in to get where they are now, all the heavy lifting was done for Boston by Columbus and the Islanders and the Hurricanes, now all Boston has to do is dominate an inferior team that was life and death to get to the finals.

I'm saying its just too much for San Jose or St Louis to overcome. Plus St Louis still has to win another game. We may be premature on the Blues even making the finals.

Boston in 5.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

People counting sharks out already smh.

icon

I get the Boston part. The thing is that st Louis isn't Cinderella. They were one of the favorites in the west
    Again, so what? They were in the basement looking up in December so they are very much a Cinderella team.
    Who exactly considered St Louis a favourite in December?
    Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    People counting sharks out already smh.
    I'm not. I'm hoping it goes 7 to soften up Bostons eventual opponent.

thomorino

St. Louis isn't a cinderalla team, they were good in the regular season, I just don't see them on Boston's level when you look at special teams and compare Binnington to Rask. I think its a competitive series but I see the most likely scenario as Boston in 5 or 6.

icon

St. Louis isn't a cinderalla team, they were good in the regular season, I just don't see them on Boston's level when you look at special teams and compare Binnington to Rask. I think its a competitive series but I see the most likely scenario as Boston in 5 or 6.
    "Cinderella, "Cinderella story", and Cinderella team are used to refer to situations in which competitors achieve far greater success than would reasonably have been expected"

In December the Blues were longshots to qualify for the playoffs let alone contend, plus they are in the weaker West, this makes them Cinderellas as far as I'm concerned.

I'll refrain from using the term from now on.

The point I make is that St Louis OR San Jose are at a tremendous disadvantage in a Cup Final vs Boston the way the playoffs have worked out. Boston didn't have to face Tampa, or Washington or Pitt etc and are starting at home rested. Boston has the benefit of less travel, time changes, less games, home ice and are considered the better team.

Boston in 5.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Boston is far superior than either one of these two teams, who by the way, have NEVER won a Stanley Cup. St. Luis is 0-3 /in Cup Series, including a loss to Boston. Make it 0-4 after this season. The Blues record in the Stanley Cup finals is 0-12. They MAY win a game or two in this series, but there is just no way they defeat Boston. By the way, the Blues are the only currently active teams of the original 6 teams selected to play in the NFL in the 1967 Expansion that has NOT won the Stanley Cup. Teams that have joined the NHL AFTER the Clues and have won the Cup are: Washington, Anaheim, Carolina, Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Colorado, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Calgary, New York Islanders, and Philadelphia. Maybe we should pull for the Blues out of sympathy, because at 0-12, they have the worst W-L record of any team that has played in the Stanley Cup Finals.

thomorino

"Cinderella, "Cinderella story", and Cinderella team are used to refer to situations in which competitors achieve far greater success than would reasonably have been expected"

In December the Blues were longshots to qualify for the playoffs let alone contend, plus they are in the weaker West, this makes them Cinderellas as far as I'm concerned.

I'll refrain from using the term from now on.

The point I make is that St Louis OR San Jose are at a tremendous disadvantage in a Cup Final vs Boston the way the playoffs have worked out. Boston didn't have to face Tampa, or Washington or Pitt etc and are starting at home rested. Boston has the benefit of less travel, less games, home ice and are considered the better team.

Boston in 5.
    I like Boston, they are in my opinion far better than St. Louis in special teams and have the better goalie - presuming that's the matchup. But you're overplaying the rest issue - the more rested team has lost each of the last 5 years. Its not that big of a deal because in the Cup you generally get more of a break between games.

lakerboy

Again, so what? They were in the basement looking up in December so they are very much a Cinderella team.
    Who exactly considered St Louis a favourite in December?

I'm not. I'm hoping it goes 7 to soften up Bostons eventual opponent.
    You are not getting my point. You are talking about December. They were 3rd favorite in the west going into the playoffs. I don't care about December.

First 123456 Last