TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Can Vegas win the Western conf?

There's less than a week left in the season....

Calgary has 49 pts..Vegas 42....haven't looked at the schedule too carefully but it seems like the chances are slim to none that Vegas wins the west, yet, my book has posted odds of +300 yes, -360 no....coming down from something like Vegas + 600 yes....the line has dropped some in the past week but I don't know why....I just took the -360 odds.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

GL with your wager. Vegas could certainly make a deep run IF Marc-Andre Fleury can play. Are they simply resting him now, or does he have an injury??? As for their position players, Vegas appears to have an even better roster than they did last year... added Paul Stasny and Max Pacioretty in the off-season, then the blockbuster acquisition of Mark Stone at the trade deadline.

Western Conference seems pretty wide-open this year. Nashville and Winnipeg don't appear to be the powerhouses they were expected to be. Calgary and San Jose have a big question mark when it comes to goalies. St. Louis looks very interesting, but I'm also questioning their goalies with the rookie Binnington and Jake Allen - how will they do in the playoffs. Dallas could also prove to have a playoff-style game, but they really need Ben Bishop available, and that is still unknown.

For me, Vegas is one of the favorites in the West. But it seems every series will be unpredictable.

Hopefully some posters will contribute thoughtful responses in this thread.