nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Capitals proved my.point...coach means not much

Most overrated thing is head coaching....amazing how people believe in this fairy tale. Think it's too much of the little league mentality. If the secret head coach was that true..all assistants under these make believe gods would get jobs and would be the next polish dork from duke.head coaches are like engagement rings..NON SENSE. Nyrangers...Hire a dork from college hockey..cause its doesnt matter. Messier got all.upset a few years ago when they hired guy from vancouver...poor baby. Head coaches are meant to help a bit and not screw things up...how come the asst bench guy Yankees spanish catcher pena doesnt become the next joe torre... because its utter nonsense..there is no secret sauce..biggest ponzi scheme ever!!!!!
    Last edited by nyplayer33; 06-21-18 at 08:52 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't know? Scotty Bowman meant everything to the Red Wings.

nyplayer33

Scotty bowman is that the same guy who had lemaire..lafleur..dryden..gainey..shutt. .. savard..lapointe..mahovolich..rejan houle....yvon cournayer On those teams...is that who you meant?

nyplayer33

Dominik hasac...considered best goalie ever...federov....Listrom..YZerman...tha t guy. Dominic hasek was a waiter in chek republic and scotty bowman gave him communion and he became a great goalie. Right...Bernie madoff

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

If trotz and the assistant coaches didn’t mean anything what was it that put them over the top? They’ve had pretty much this roster for a few years.
    As for another team, what about mike Sullivan. Pens were a mess under byslma with so much talent then mike took over and they became an absolute wrecking force

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    If trotz and the assistant coaches didn’t mean anything what was it that put them over the top? They’ve had pretty much this roster for a few years.
    As for another team, what about mike Sullivan. Pens were a mess under byslma with so much talent then mike took over and they became an absolute wrecking force
    Been there since 2014 and never did shit...never got out of the second round...This fuking idiot had Greubaur in ahead of Holtby in the first round and Caps were down 2-0....He’s a fuking bum

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Most overrated thing is head coaching....amazing how people believe in this fairy tale. Think it's too much of the little league mentality. If the secret head coach was that true..all assistants under these make believe gods would get jobs and would be the next polish dork from duke.head coaches are like engagement rings..NON SENSE. Nyrangers...Hire a dork from college hockey..cause its doesnt matter. Messier got all.upset a few years ago when they hired guy from vancouver...poor baby. Head coaches are meant to help a bit and not screw things up...how come the asst bench guy Yankees spanish catcher pena doesnt become the next joe torre... because its utter nonsense..there is no secret sauce..biggest ponzi scheme ever!!!!!
    Would call you a MORON if you don’t think coaching matters in football

ikid2groove415

nyplayer33

Really...trots over the top...based on what. So let me get this correct..I am looking for a job and have not been hired. I go to 7 11 and buy a scratch off and win 100 dollars...the clerk says wow this is your lucky day. I then get hired..was the clerk correct..she spoke to pretend jesus and he told her it's my lucky day or it was that head up penny I found...that's it..the penny got me hired. Right mike Sullivan nhl....he obviously told Crosby how to score..even though mike Sullivan sucked as a nhl player.

nyplayer33

Coaching matters in football....like jimmy johnson ?? Btw..who sits up and communicates to the coaches...they have more say so then the coach.

nyplayer33

Butch Harmon tigers coach when he started on tour....how come this butch doesnt have others doing great. I'd expect Ricky Fowler to be top 5 at shinnecock..not where he was. Mickelson left butch for another instructor... why if butch Madoff is Jesus...

nyplayer33

This is why I absolutely think a 4 yr old mb makes more sense then people on this board.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Been there since 2014 and never did shit...never got out of the second round...This fuking idiot had Greubaur in ahead of Holtby in the first round and Caps were down 2-0....He’s a fuking bum
    Their defensive schemes during the playoffs shut down every powerhouse offensive scoring team and gave them the chance they needed to win.

goduke

Really...trots over the top...based on what. So let me get this correct..I am looking for a job and have not been hired. I go to 7 11 and buy a scratch off and win 100 dollars...the clerk says wow this is your lucky day. I then get hired..was the clerk correct..she spoke to pretend jesus and he told her it's my lucky day or it was that head up penny I found...that's it..the penny got me hired. Right mike Sullivan nhl....he obviously told Crosby how to score..even though mike Sullivan sucked as a nhl player.
    No he didnt teach crosby to score but he put the right line combinations together, he put fleury on the bench for murray who was dominant when he first came up. These type of decisions were failed by previous coaches which led a very talented nhl team to fall short for many years before their back to back. The players play the game but sometimes the coaches need the right tweaks in the system in order to put it all together. But youre obviously going to think otherwise so have fun with that

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Dominik hasac...considered best goalie ever...federov....Listrom..YZerman...tha t guy. Dominic hasek was a waiter in chek republic and scotty bowman gave him communion and he became a great goalie. Right...Bernie madoff
    Right. But he was the only coach to put it together for the Red Wings. Doesn't matter who he had (for players).... he's a proven winner.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Top coaches have the best players

Coaching way overrated

Joe Torre was going down as the worst manager in baseball history before he came to the Yanksloaded with hall of famers
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave jjgold 8 Betpoint(s) for this post.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Trotz left because he felt he was underpaid...He was at 1.6M per year and Caps didn't want to offer a raise... Other coaches with a Stanley Cup win are in the 4M range...Now Caps will hire an existing assistant and pay him nothing....Caps are a one and done team when it comes to the Cup...

ikid2groove415

Coaching matters in football....like jimmy johnson ?? Btw..who sits up and communicates to the coaches...they have more say so then the coach.
    Jimmy built the early 90s cowboys -

ikid2groove415

Alabama would have all the success minus nick sabean? Don’t be a IDIOT

nyplayer33

Then why dont the assistants to duke...tom izzo... pitino... syracuse in college basketball all have head coaching positions and said teams do great. I'll call Georgetown and tell them fire Patrick Ewing and hire one of the above....Georgetown will play duke in final four in 2020...EZ GAME