pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Caps win Cup and already said..

They are excited to go to the White House to see the president!!!!

Good men real men!!!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Even Devante?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Even Devante?
    Yep!! Big supporter of this country!!

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Nice! I love when guys love our country!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

This is really good news. I wish people would show respect for the office, there elders , teachers and yes the police.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

What a bunch of Patriotic Americans! All 6 of them!

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Except for Devante Smith Pelly who had this to say:

“The things that he spews are straight-up racist and sexist. Some of the things he’s said are pretty gross … It hasn’t come up here, but I think I already have my mind made up.”

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Why not, get drunk and bang my girlfriend in the White House

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Canadians never ruffle feathers

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

He said he wasn't going the other day,must have changed his mind.

pattymayo

Basically all white guys, and 80% aren't even American. What a show of patriotism! NFL teams should take note!

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Basically all white guys, and 80% aren't even American. What a show of patriotism! NFL teams should take note!
    And the other guys were black that didn't want to come,who cares.Its just more division as usual.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Hey patty, nfl full of a bunch of overpaid little babies...how stupid are these guys? They have done nothing to really help their issues but lose many people millions of dollars..idiots. What were they even kneeling for anyway?

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Hey patty, nfl full of a bunch of overpaid little babies...how stupid are these guys? They have done nothing to really help their issues but lose many people millions of dollars..idiots. What were they even kneeling for anyway?
    Oh, but NHLers aren't overpaid?

They certainly aren't kneeling to protest the military or disdain with this country, despite what our president might say. Just trying to bring to light social injustices happening all over the place. What's wrong with that? Don't we have a right to protest?

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

They certainly aren't kneeling to protest the military or disdain with this country, despite what our president might say. Just trying to bring to light social injustices happening all over the place. What's wrong with that? Don't we have a right to protest?
    Why don’t they do it before kickoff? Why tie it in with the anthem?

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Why don’t they do it before kickoff? Why tie it in with the anthem?
    Why don't you mention NHLers as being overpaid? Because they're mostly white?
    They tie it in to get greatest exposure and notice to a major issue in our society. When did our national anthem become the ultimate display of patriotism anyway? I've been at plenty of sporting events where guys around me chatted throughout the entire thing. I've seen people in the lobby paying no attention buying beer and food while it's playing.

The Giant

Besides NFL players, can you think of anyone else that protests during company time?

pattymayo

Besides NFL players, can you think of anyone else that protests during company time?
    What's the difference? My job probably has some rule against protesting during company time. If I felt this strongly about something, I'd do it anyway and face whatever happens. These are guys who know the NFL rules say they should stand, and are wiling to face whatever consequences come. Owners have every right to fine them or even kick them off the team. These players kneel anyway to bring attention to a much bigger issue.

It just amazes me how most people can't merely empathize with that and appreciate these guys exercising their right to protest.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8463

This is really good news. I wish people would show respect for the office, there elders , teachers and yes the police.

pattymayo

To me, the biggest issue is the anthem itself. Since when did the national anthem become the scale of your patriotism? Where else is the anthem played before any event in any situation of normal, every day life?

What about the fact that the military literally pays the NFL millions to perform these on-field "patriotic" ceremonies, which is no more than a marketing ploy to sell the military? "Paid Patriotism" at it's finest. And because it's mostly black athletes protesting, all of a sudden it's anti-American.

The Giant

Patty, are these football players protesting during the off-season, or do they just wait for the national anthem to start?

DwightShrute

To me, the biggest issue is the anthem itself. Since when did the national anthem become the scale of your patriotism? Where else is the anthem played before any event in any situation of normal, every day life?

What about the fact that the military literally pays the NFL millions to perform these on-field "patriotic" ceremonies, which is no more than a marketing ploy to sell the military? "Paid Patriotism" at it's finest. And because it's mostly black athletes protesting, all of a sudden it's anti-American.
    They stand in the NBA, MLB and NHL. The fans want to see athletes play the game. Protest elsewhere. Simple.

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    They stand in the NBA, MLB and NHL. The fans want to see athletes play the game. Protest elsewhere. Simple.
    So they’ve got the right to protest, but only when it doesn’t inconvenience you. How patriotic of you!

pattymayo

Patty, are these football players protesting during the off-season, or do they just wait for the national anthem to start?
    They should be, that would help. But them protesting at their place of work knowing the potential financial and career impact it could have should show you how much it means to them. The fact that most can’t even merely empathize with their protest, to me is un-American and is only an issue because they’re predomintenly black.

DwightShrute

So they’ve got the right to protest, but only when it doesn’t inconvenience you. How patriotic of you!
    yes and yes. Do you protest at your job before you start? I highly doubt it. Listen, the fans don't want it. They boo the players. Their own team. The ratings have plummeted. The other leagues don't do it. Hello? Why should a few idiots ruin football for everyone else? I wanna watch football on Sunday. I wanna talk about the games and the players. Not about a handful of guys protesting God knows what. Next week a few guys will protest abortions? The week after, the endanger Snow Owl? Where does it end? Come one man. Quite with the identity politics and race baiting and lets leave football games alone.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

A team wins it's first Stanley Cup and you all are worried about if they want to go see the president?

What a bunch of assholes!

DwightShrute

They should be, that would help. But them protesting at their place of work knowing the potential financial and career impact it could have should show you how much it means to them. The fact that most can’t even merely empathize with their protest, to me is un-American and is only an issue because they’re predomintenly black.
    it has absolutely nothing to do with the color of their skin or whether fans can empathize with their protest. Don't do it at the game. duh!

The Giant

Everyone has problems, Patty. What if some players want to protest the pensions for retired NFL players? And other players want to protest health insurance? And other players want to protest mental health awareness? Should they all get special times during the game. Maybe some guys protest during the national anthem, other guys can do it between quarters, and maybe some guys can protest at halftime? Where does it end, Patty?

Here's a thought: protest what you believe in on your own time.

pattymayo

it has absolutely nothing to do with the color of their skin or whether fans can empathize with their protest. Don't do it at the game. duh!
    Oh please. Id these were white athletes protesting, trump never tweets and stirs it back up last fall and make it a story again. They’d be the ultimate patriots exercising their first amendment right.

This is 100% a racial issue

The Giant

Wow, I sounded just like Dwight.

DwightShrute

Wow, I sounded just like Dwight.

DwightShrute

Oh please. Id these were white athletes protesting, trump never tweets and stirs it back up last fall and make it a story again. They’d be the ultimate patriots exercising their first amendment right.

This is 100% a racial issue
    wrong! 100% wrong. If white players were doing it, the same fans would be booing them and Trump would criticize them as well. Race has nothing to do it it. Some of you always play the race card.

pattymayo

Everyone has problems, Patty. What if some players want to protest the pensions for retired NFL players? And other players want to protest health insurance? And other players want to protest mental health awareness? Should they all get special times during the game. Maybe some guys protest during the national anthem, other guys can do it between quarters, and maybe some guys can protest at halftime? Where does it end, Patty?

Here's a thought: protest what you believe in on your own time.
    That is their time. They understand the consequences they might face. Who are you tell these guys when is an ok time to protest?

pattymayo

wrong! 100% wrong. If white players were doing it, the same fans would be booing them and Trump would criticize them as well. Race has nothing to do it it. Some of you always play the race card.
    I can’t even imagine what little bubble of a world you live in if you think that’s true.

DwightShrute

That is their time. They understand the consequences they might face. Who are you tell these guys when is an ok time to protest?
    the fans
    sponsors
    Trump
    The NFL
    Reasonable people

123 Last