jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Carefully selected I see.

I remember at the beginning of this season when everyone had jets vs Vegas and tb vs caps in the conference finals. So easy.

No one had rockets vs warriors and of course no one predicted James would be playing in his 8th straight east finals.

How many NBA franchises won titles from 2000 - 2010? How many made it out of the West?

Only one NHL team with most regular season points have won the cup last 9 years. 8 seeds beat 1 regularly
    Not carefully selected, I took the last 10 years. The bold is disgusting. What kind of sport is that, sounds like more about luck than anything then. The worst seed shouldnt be beating the best seed regularly. With that said, sounds good for betting though. Just take the dog, but Id imagine the number man isnt stupid and the odds arnt that great I suppose. Wasnt trying to take a shot at your country's national past time man, just wanted to know how Vegas got so far so quick is all.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Not carefully selected, I took the last 10 years. The bold is disgusting. What kind of sport is that, sounds like more about luck than anything then. The worst seed shouldnt be beating the best seed regularly. With that said, sounds good for betting though. Just take the dog, but Id imagine the number man isnt stupid and the odds arnt that great I suppose. Wasnt trying to take a shot at your country's national past time man, just wanted to know how Vegas got so far so quick is all.
    I'm not offended as it's not that for me. NBA essentially has the same schedule and playoff setup. NBA has no parity and the league has allowed these weak minded individuals to control there product. I guess it doesn't matter to Americans because from what I've seen they like lots of scoring and have little understanding of games where strategy is forefront like hockey and soccer.

It's supposed to be hard to win at team games not easy

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

An expansion team in its inaugural year can make it to the Western Conference Finals and possibly finals and of course possibly become Stanley Cup Champions. This would never happen in any other sport. Admittedly I dont know much about hockey but does it say something about the lack of skill level needed in order to play this game, that there isnt a wide distance between the best and worst nhl players, what gives?
    Expansion Draft rules were significantly different from past. Don't know why they were changed???? I haven't followed hockey in the past 4-5 years or so either... but I do remember when the Sharks franchise was made.... and also the Tampa Bay Lightning... teams gave away the 2 worst players on each team. Something like that. How in the hell does the league allow such BS with this Golden Knight crap??? It was like the teams gave away the 2 best players on each team. WTF is up?

TheMoneyShot

And then you have Gerard Gallant as the head coach??? WTF does he know about anything?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Expansion Draft rules were significantly different from past. Don't know why they were changed???? I haven't followed hockey in the past 4-5 years or so either... but I do remember when the Sharks franchise was made.... and also the Tampa Bay Lightning... teams gave away the 2 worst players on each team. Something like that. How in the hell does the league allow such BS with this Golden Knight crap??? It was like the teams gave away the 2 best players on each team. WTF is up?
    thank you man so this is a first. theyve never done it like this before, thats all the hockey guys had to say and it would be completely understandable. I used to bet the playoffs and win off of luck I suppose, Id just play the team live that played the most fast paced and aggressive, havent bet it in about 3 years though. its a fun sport to watch especially in playoffs.

pokerdan
    pokerdan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 263

Been playing hockey for over 30 years and thats a very disrepectful thing to say. The Kings could have beat the Knights in the first round and lost every game by 1 goal. Their players missed some easy opportunities and the Knights are a fast team. They built an amazing team that has players which molded together perfectly. They look like they have been playing together for years. Lets not forget their goalie has already won the cup several times and is outstanding. He was the best goalie in the all star game and easily won the shoot out challenge. Hockey is the most difficult sport to play and master. Look at Ovechkin.... he has the best one timer in the league followed by Stamkos.

Yes there is some luck as the same as with all other sports. Bad bounces happen. And to say there isnt a wide difference between good and bad players is so stupid. I have to laugh at you. Do you honestly think a College hockey team would stand a chance against and NHL team? I played college hockey and we lost every game 10-0 lol. My team sucked.

You cant compare a player like McNabb to Ovechkin or Stamkos. McNabb is good but totally different level. Watching players like Doughty play since being a rookie and making stupid mistakes to become more mature and understand the game more is great. Not every player sees the ice the same. Simple things like keeping your stick on the ice at all times isn’t even followed by some of the top players. There’s way more to our sport than you can comprehend. Cycling the puck, forechecking, staying on side, stuck handling, avoiding getting hit, passing etc... watch more hockey and will get it! Look at the players that back check like Ovechkin and you will understand
    Last edited by pokerdan; 05-17-18 at 02:27 PM.

jtoler

The inaugural las vegas nights are western conference champs

TheMoneyShot

The inaugural las vegas nights are western conference champs

I'm just sick of the major networks like NBC... pumping this Golden Knights epidemic every fukking promo.

Get fukked NBC. It's an embarrassment. Is Gary Bettman still the commissioner? That fukking twitcher. That's why the league sucks.

I'd rather turn on CNN if I want comedy/entertainment... and watch Don Lemon.

jtoler

I'm just sick of the major networks like NBC... pumping this Golden Knights epidemic every fukking promo.

Get fukked NBC. It's an embarrassment. Is Gary Bettman still the commissioner? That fukking twitcher. That's why the league sucks.

that city has gotten a lot of attention in the last year

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Settle down Tim. Are your herpes flaring up again?

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

anyway, the reason the Expansion Draft rules were changed was to have a possibly competitive team, moreso than a typical Expansion team of the past.

Don't take anything away from Vegas team management on how they chose players and developed a system / game play style.

Also when Seattle comes into the league as team #32 the Expansion Draft will probably have the same rules and structure. But what will be different is which players the existing teams choose to protect. The lesson was learned - current teams chose not to protect (keep) players based on being able to save contract money by letting them go....which in hindsight made little sense because they signed those good players to contracts in the first place. In other words, the lesson learned is the teams will be smarter about protecting beyond just superstars....so Seattle will have these same rules but will have a harder time putting together a completely competent team.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

You can watch ESPN, they don’t cover hockey since they don’t show it.

First 12