peteypab89
    peteypab89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1484

2nd Period Over 1.5

Hey guys, hope you've had a profitable season! I wanted to share a trend that's made me some money this year. Look for high scoring teams that have slow 1st periods to light it up in the 2nd period. If any game with high scoring teams is 0-0 or 1-0 heading into the 2nd, bet Over 1.5 goals for the 2nd period. Sometimes the juice is heavy, so I like to make a bunch of 2-team parlays, that way when you close them out on the next 2nd period bet, it ends up being close to even money, sometimes more.

If you see a game like this at 0-0 or 1-0 after the 1st, drop the hammer on Over 1.5 for the 2nd. You'll lose some, but over the long haul, these types of teams have too much scoring, pace, and sometimes lack of defense for the game to be low scoring for long. Best of luck!

BTW, the series that have been money for this so far have been PIT-PHI, TB- NJ, & NSH-COL

jonnypgh
    jonnypgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

A trend that I seemed to subconsciously notice, as I keep up with scores close when I bet game totals, but never actually thought upon acting upon. Thanks for the heads up man

peteypab89

np. i was busy & didn't follow hockey closely last night, but the NSH-COL would've delivered another winner for the 2nd. gl rest of the playoffs

peteypab89

also want to add the BOS-TOR series to the list of 2nd periods to bet. there's only been 1 game so far this series with 1 goal or less in the 1st period, but they combined for like 4-5 goals in that 2nd period if i'm not mistaken

peteypab89

just a heads up, the BOS-TOR series is now 2-0 for the second period over 1.5 system, so tonight might be worth considering if the 1st period is low scoring.

for the 2nd round, i will be following these series for the system:

NSH-WPG
    PIT-WSH
    TB-BOS/TOR

SJ too stingy defensively for me to want to roll the dice on those games. plus Fleury can have shutdown nights on the other end.

gl guys

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Good luck, looks low scoring but 2 in 2nd, why not

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

You might see less success with this the later in the playoffs you get ..

peteypab89

that's entirely possible. quality of play goes up, & there's a huge difference between the level of focus in may as opposed to a random night in december. i do think TB-BOS will deliver with some red lights though. i like my chances with the PIT-WSH series, but i could totally see the NSH-WPG series going either way as far as scoring goes

boston winning game 7 last night might be my last big wager of the season, i'll probably dial it back rest of the way but i think i'll ride this system to the end

gl

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn this is a bad beat if you took it

peteypab89

yeah i made a small wager on the 2nd period last night. no big deal, gonna get em on the next one

peteypab89

didn't post pre-series, but both of these series should be in play for anyone following this. last night has been the only game so far to have less than 2 goals in the 1st period, which resulted in a win with over 1.5 in the 2nd at a -150 line.

peteypab89

fyi quick 2nd period win last night in vegas-winnipeg game, over 1.5 for 2nd was at -130. i think these 2 series will be pretty safe bets for this situation. gotta think the Cup Final will as well, since all remaining teams have top scoring talent