Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Sharks not soft ?
    this the year

i can feel it

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11570

LA Kings starting to crank it up now.. They will be in the playoffs and probably make some noise also, might get good value too... Watch out for this wild card team.. This team has playoff experience and I don't see them folding easily..

I will bet them as well in the playoffs. They are starting to look like a playoff team now... Big win tonight. Cash it..

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/colorad...gs-2018040208/

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    They're already setting the scene for this. If Las Vegas does well in the playoffs, the media will start talking about how the Knights are doing this for the victims of the tragedy. That'll keep the gun control talk winds continuing to be flamed. I can see ESPN now. They hardly ever talk about hockey at all, but if Vegas wins a couple of series, they will start the talk of how they are doing this to heal the community. They'll probably then lead into some of the victim's families talking about how we must ban some or all guns.

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post

This post will be a great bump
    #VegasStrong: Vegas players wanted to do what they could to help their community heal from the mass shooting that left 58 dead just before the season opened. They have forged a bond with the community that seems to inspire them at every home game. Everyone in town is talking about the Golden Knights, and the overwhelming fan support has already made T-Mobile Arena one of the NHL’s loudest buildings. It’s a challenging road game for opponents.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ngs/526823002/

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

October 1, 2017.

That will forever be a before and after date for the city of Las Vegas.

On that night, as thousands of fans enjoyed a country music festival, gunman Stephen Paddock opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel. To this day, the windows from which he shot more than 1,100 rounds are blacked out.

The 64-year-old Paddock killed 58 people and injured 851 before killing himself. It was the deadliest mass shooting by an individual ever in the United States.

Five days later, the Golden Knights opened their inaugural season at Dallas with a 2-1 victory and followed with an overtime win at Arizona.

Vegas was set for its home opener on Oct. 10, and nobody knew quite what to expect. What had weeks earlier been anticipated as a joyous celebration was now going to be something very different. Fans had no idea what it would look and feel like.

Jay Kornegay, vice president of race and sports operations at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, had season tickets with a friend, but decided to buy more so his family could go. A close friend of his son’s was shot in the massacre, but survived.

“To go was the best decision we ever made,” Kornegay said. “It was just an incredible ceremony, and it’s snowballed ever since then.”

The Knights organization pulled off a stunning display of reverence in honoring the dead and first responders. The names of the 58 killed were projected onto the ice, and there was a countdown of 58 seconds of silence.

“In the quiet, you could hear people crying,” Graney recalled. “And then when the countdown got to 1, someone screamed out, ‘Vegas strong!’ It was the most emotional thing I’ve ever seen.”

Williams, a season-ticket holder, attended with a friend.

“When they paid tribute to the victims, it was kind of unburdening for me,” he said. “I guess I was in denial. It made it all real.”

Each Knights player was accompanied on the ice by a first responder, and veteran defender Deryk Engelland spoke for all of them. He had settled in Las Vegas years earlier as a minor-league player, and he met his wife and they had their kids here.

Engelland spoke 75 words and concluded, “To the families and friends of the victims, know we will do everything we can to help you and our city heal. We are Vegas Strong.”

When the game began, the Knights stormed to a 4-0 lead in the first 10 minutes against Arizona and won 5-2.

Recalling that night this week, Engelland said he has continued to be thanked for fans for what he did and said.

“We’ve given the people around the city a chance to turn it off for a few hours, to not worry about what happened,” Engelland said. “They thank us for playing hockey for them. It’s like therapy for some people.”

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...414-story.html

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

If they make it one more round, it's going to start to get political. They're just warming up.

First 12