Scrivero
    Scrivero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Scrivero 2017-2018 NHL picks

In this thread I pick winners from NHL. I bet 100 bucks per pick at first. I think its more interesting to show the actual monetary results than just units although I thought the exact opposite before. I also want to put some pressure on myself by showing as much as I can about my bets, I thought the exact opposite before as well. I think this style will make me work harder on my bets.

I wont be posting any fancy statistics, or even the odds (I play on a European-site that only has European odds, just dont have the time to transfer to US odds etc.), just my pick (1 per day) and then the winners/losers and my BR. I will bet either ML (OT included or regular time) or PL -1.5 or PL -1.0. I also encourage discussion on which type of bets (ML vs PL) one should go with. Thats something Im unsure about and it irritates me.

The point of this thread is to try to concentrate on my picks more than before, even do some capping if I can, which I havent really done, its been mostly feeling based betting and betting what my eyes tell me about the games that I see.

And yes, I have had more threads than I have hair in my head. The previous thread ended with me saying that I will just bet daily and check my balance every now and then. Well, that wasnt happening, who can avoid looking at the scores? Not me.

Anyways, I have previously been afraid of critique with my bets so I have not even posted the picks prior to the games. Thats insecurity. Well, I think that I should not be afraid of any comments. Its probably more about trying to figure out which comments are useful and which are not. The point is to learn.

I post my bets approx 6 hours before the game. I try to win loads. Maybe some will tail and win too. Not sure if I can recommend it yet though

To give a bit of background to my season so far (not trying to brag, or maybe just a little ):
    - I went up around +40 units just to go to -15 units in a short time frame.
    - I went up to around +90 units in a time span of a week and am now at +70 units. One could call me a bit of a gambler. Not telling the unit size on those, doesnt really matter, what matters is that I bet 100 bucks per pick from now on.
    - Its been mostly luck though, and we know that luck wont last, so I gotta learn.

I will though start this thread from 0 bucks. Past winnings dont matter if aint gonna be winning in the future too. Good luck.
    Last edited by Scrivero; 11-17-17 at 08:33 AM.

Scrivero

Ottawa ML (regular time) 100 bucks to win 180 bucks

Sorry about posting this so late, the game starts already in 2 hours. I will normally post around 6 hours before game time but this game was early today.

And by the way, I said 1 pick per day but I might pick another later tonight if I stumble upon one more.

Edit. in 1 hour = in 2 hours
    Edit 2. added "to win 180 bucks". Maybe I will have this info in every time. Takes away any need to post the American odds too.
    Last edited by Scrivero; 11-18-17 at 11:06 AM.

philliesfinest
    philliesfinest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15620

180 to win 100 is correct moneyline ,not 100 to win 180

Scrivero

Indeed. I will probably just next time post 100 to win 80 etc.

But damn, thats the problem that I have when I try to bet my bets openly or have a thread where I follow my bets. I care too much about what others think or say. If I want to say that I bet 100 to win 180, I should just do it, because thats what Im doing, I bet 100, it disappears from my balance, and I either win 180 or I dont. I know thats not the right lingo but thats me. Im a gambler, not really a better or a capper.

Similarly, my betting and "capping" is not the normal type that most do. And when I try to do normal betting or "capping", it feels like... not as fun as just trusting my gut feeling and eye test. My gut feeling and eye test have been really profitable.

With that said, I think that this will be the shorthest season thread in SBR history. While I thought the bet was good, I didnt bet the bets that IŽd normally take, when I just bet with feeling and eye test. I thought in my head taht nahhhh, this will look ridiculous. What I normally take is much bigger bets and mostly PL for the team that I feel is gonna crush the opponent.

So in a sense this thread was a success. I noticed that I cant hold a thread with openly posting my picks and playing it safe. I gotta roll with my own style and grow it big or lose the roll. At the same time I failed, as I wanted to try to do this capping thing long term, learn more, learn from peopleŽs comments etc.

Cheers, you know I always return to SBR in one way or another.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22668

Took Ott -1....both losers.
    I guess Zona was due?