TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Feb 24 - The Daily Breakdown

YTD 29-23 +11.70u
    NHL 15-12 (+6.20u)
    NBA 10-8 (+5.35u)
    NFL 4-3 (+0.15u)

2-0 day Wednesday, +2.35u, Ducks and Oilers cashing. Day off last night. Let's keep 'er going!

Ottawa Senators vs. Carolina Hurricanes // Feb 24

Starting lineups

The Ottawa Senators (32-20-6) head south and take on the last-place Carolina Hurricanes (24-24-8). While the Sens are contending for the top spot in their division, the Canes are vying for a lottery pick in this summer’s draft.

Streaking Senators

The Sens are 6-4 in their last 10 games and 5-2 in their last seven. They have been taking advantage of the Montreal Canadiens—who have been struggling to hold onto the first place in the Atlantic Division. The Sens sit two points behind the Habs and have played just as well on the road as they have at home. They are 16-10 heading to Carolina tonight.

The Sens have been dealing with injuries lately as three of their top point-getters are out. Bobby Ryan will be out for the next month while Mark Stone and Mike Hoffman are day-to-day, but are only expected to return next week. Despite their injuries, they have been putting up points in bunches. They have outscored their opponent 13-7 in their past four games, which is more than their 2.6 points per game average this season.

Eye of the storm

Slumming it down in the Eastern Conference’s basement, the Canes have already started to sell their assets and are planning towards next season. After trading Ron Hainsey earlier this week, the Canes now have 10 draft picks in the upcoming draft.

The Canes are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games. To make matters worse, they have lost five games in a row and three in a row at home. During the five game losing streak, the Canes have only managed to score four goals. Ouch. Their goals per game (2.5) is 22nd in the league and they give up 2.9 per game which is 24th in the league.

Surprisingly enough—even with their dreadful play the past month—the Canes are a different team at home. They are 17-8-2 at PNC Arena this year.

The Final Breakdown

Sticking to that final point about the Canes playing decent hockey at home, would you believe me if I told you that the Ottawa Senators are 2-13 in their last 15 games when visiting the Hurricanes in Carolina? Absolutely brutal. Plus the fact that they are missing key offensive players... The Canes played a brutal game against the Maple Leafs at home earlier this week, but I can't see the Senators coming out of this one with a win, as depleted as they are, despite their last game being a win.

Carolina Hurricanes ML (-125) 2u

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Hell no. 2 units on the last place team, Ott still puts up 13 goals in 4 games and Carolina is the last place team in full tank mode, lack in net, and 5 losing streak with 4 goals scored... #CMONMAN
    +200 Senators Reg. 2 units.

TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

UncleChael Appreciate the input brother. We'll have to agree to disagree in this scenario. I understand what you're saying, but the Hurricanes have outscored the Senators 49-24 in their last 15 home games. the 13-2 home record against the Senators is a long stretch, dating back to March 2008. Sometimes, a team just struggles in a certain rink.

Best of luck with whatever you played, and look forward to hearing your thoughts once the game is over, win or lose! I will gladly applaud you if your wager comes through, brother!