TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Feb 21 - The Daily Breakdown

YTD 26-23 +6.05u
    NHL 12-12 (+0.55u)
    NBA 10-8 (+5.35u)
    NFL 4-3 (+0.15u)

When it rains it pours. Been on a little bit of a rough stretch, but did end up playing the Coyotes ML for 2u and +1.5 for 1u. Basically broke even, but won't add those to the record since I didn't make them an official play. Time to get it back.

Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers // Feb 21

Drop the puck

The Montreal Canadiens (31-20-8) try to stop their skid tonight in the Big Apple when they take on the New York Rangers (38-19-1). The Eastern Conference playoff race is taking form and almost everyone is in the mix.

New sheriff, same results

The 2.0 version of the Claude Julien era in Montreal is underway. Even though the Habs struggled against the Winnipeg Jets in their first game under Julien, don’t give up just quite yet. The Habs were coming off their bye week and had only one afternoon practice with their new coach before being thrown into a game situation. Tonight’s preparation should be much different.

The Habs are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games (hence the firing), and are 13-12-4 on the road this year. Even with Carey Price’s average play and the team’s record as of late, the Habs still have a top-ten defence and give up 2.6 goals per game (9th in the league). They will need their best performance in a while to contain the Rangers’ 2nd ranked offence (3.3 goals per game).

Best show on Broadway

As the Habs have been struggling to find their play, the Rangers have been sailing right along. They’ve won seven out of their last eight games and are coming off possibly their strongest result to date (2-1 win over the Washington Capitals).

The Capitals are 19-11-1 at home this year and have one of the league’s best goal differentials (+44). To go with their offensive prowess—like the Habs—the Rangers have also given up 2.6 goals per game. Henrik Lundqvist has been the catalyst for the Rangers’ recent success. He is 6-1 in his last seven starts and during the stretch has an otherworldly save percentage of .941.

The Final Breakdown

The Habs are 4-1 playing on Broadway in their last 5 games. They're desperately trying to stay ahead of the hungry teams chasing that top spot in the division. Rags are coming off an emotional win against their biggest divisional rivals. Habs leave the Big Apple with 2 points tonight. Love this play quite a bit. Especially at + money. Biggest play of the year so far. Some might call it a chase, seeing as i've been in a little slump, but I assure you I've capped this game from top to bottom and it checks many boxes.

Montreal Canadiens ML (+110) 3u

TheDB

Price takes a Stinger to the shoulder during warm up.... If he's out, i might buy out of this bet.

TheDB

HUGEEEEEEE win. +3.30u . Needed it badly, Price was surreal in OT.

Scrivero
    Scrivero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Great!