TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Feb 4 - The Daily Breakdown

YTD 16-14 +5.25u
    NHL 9-7 (+5.25u)
    NBA 7-6 (+2.60u)
    NFL 0-1 (-2.20u)

Big win by the Suns last night, had their ML in a couple low risk, high reward parlays. Nice 2u win. Anaheim was the better team but lost in NHL, losing juice. On to today. (Also, no plays in NHL or NBA tomorrow as I'll be focusing on the big Super Bowl matchup. I'll have a few plays/props)

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars // Feb 4

Saturday night’s alright for fighting

Saturday nights are meant for sexy match-ups, and we got a juicy one boiling down in Texas. The Chicago Blackhawks (31-17-5) face the Dallas Stars (21-21-10) in an all-western affair. The Hawks are sitting pretty in the Central Division while the Stars still have a mountain to climb to get back into the playoffs.

Inside the Hawk’s nest

The Hawks (67 points) and the Minnesota Wild (71 points) seem to be living in their own world this season. The Central Division’s two best teams have run away from the Nashville Predators (58 points) and anyone else in the division.

The Hawks have been a moderate 5-5 in the past 10 games and are 13-10-1 on the road; not bad, but not great. They’ve separated from the rest of the pack thanks to consistency and a dominant home presence. The Hawks will be getting a little help on the road tonight—Jason Spezza is out with an injury and he has been one of the Stars’ top offensive players. The Hawks have survived the tough Central Division with a record of 10-8-1.

Searching for stardom

It’s now or never for the Stars. After an awful start they’ve flirted with playoff potential but have fallen back to mediocracy more often than not this season. Now, heading into the final push, they need to decide what they’re future holds once the 82-game season is up. Fittingly, the Stars are finishing their six-game road trip tonight but failed to make any real progress and they went 2-2-1 in that span.

The Stars have been above average when playing on home ice this season. They are 14-8-6 at home and will need all the help they can get tonight. They are 0-2-1 against the Hawks this season and if you’re going to have success, it must start in your own division. The Stars are only 8-10-4 in the Central Division

The Final Breakdown

The Hawks are 12-8 in Dallas in their last 20. Also, I just can't trust the Stars' goaltending. Expecting a high scoring game, but expecting the bigger part of that high total to be coming off the Hawks' sticks. Really surprised at the low Hawks line, pretty wary of this being a trap... Rather than taking a side here, I'll just follow my gut and hit a rare total.

Hawks / Stars O5.5 (-115) 2u

TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

0 goals in the first, 6 goals in a period and a half... Yessir.

Hawks/Stars O5.5 (-115) 2u ... Winner

NFL plays coming up shortly