TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Jan 31 - The Daily Breakdown

YTD 13-8 +8.45u
    NHL 8-3 (+8.85u)
    NBA 5-4 (+1.80u)
    NFL 0-1 (-2.20u)

Rallied in NBA during the NHL All-Star break, but it's time to get back to hockey! Let's keep it going.

Winnipeg Jets vs. St. Louis Blues // Jan 31

Welcome back
    The St. Louis Blues (24-20-5) host the Winnipeg Jets (23-25-4) tonight as the NHL regular season continues after this past weekend’s All-Star festivities. Teams enter the final push of the season now as the playoffs are in the near future, and the Western Conference’s Wild Card spots are wide open.

Clear for takeoff
    The Blues and the Flames hold the two Wild Card spots with 53 points each, and even though the Jets have 50 points, three other teams (Stars, Canucks, Kings) stand between them and the playoffs. That’s how tight the West has been this season.

The Jets need to continue to put points on the board if they are going to get back into the playoffs. They are 10th in the league in goals for with an average of 2.8 per game. The Jets and Blues have squared off two times already this season and the Jets won both games, 3-2 and 5-3.

The catalyst for the Jets offence down the stretch may be their star rookie, Patrik Laine. After returning from injury he has looked good and seemed to be 100% at the All-Star game. Laine leads the team with 22 goals even though he has only played in 44 games this season.

Gate to the Midwest

The Blues know that there is no time to fall asleep at the wheel, and the man at the head of the ship knows that more than anyone. “This is that time of year that quite frankly, the only way you get in is with your work, determination and grit level,” said head coach Ken Hitchcock.

The Blues should have taken the time off to push the reset button. The team limped into the All-Star break going 1-5 in their final five games and goaltending was a big problem. In six out of their last nine games the Blues have given up an astounding five goals or more.

The Jets should be wary if it turn into a special teams type of game. The Blues are in the top 10 in the league in power play percentage and penalty kill. The Blues have actually smacked the Jets around quite a bit in recent years. Since 2010, they are 13-2-4 against the Jets/Thrashers, 6-1-2 when playing at home.

The Final Breakdown
    Expect the Blues to come out firing in this high scoring affair. Blues will take this one and won’t get beat a 3rd consecutive time by the Jets. Expect them to get off to a great post-All-Star-Break stretch.

St. Louis Blues ML (-140) 1u
    St. Louis Blues in Reg (+115) 1u

Would maybe sprinkle half a unit on the Puckline as well, but the juice on the ML is steep enough already that I won't invest more into this game. Double dipping on this one.

Lets get it

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

nice work now just this over the yrs. i ave noticed this strange fact tje longer the analysis the greater the chance the pick has of losing

TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

hahaha, not sure what you're trying to say, Agendaman, but if this is in fact a trend you've been seeing, let's hope I can be the one to break it Appreciate you coming in here, though. Best of luck with whatever you play!

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

i wasnt trying to ridicule you in any way just a weird tremd i noticed tonite i have 3 dogs leafs ottawaa flyers gl big guy