TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Jan 19 - The Daily Breakdown

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I've been capping games for years now and have been successful, but like everyone else, I've experienced many ups and downs. I do believe that my main issue was always playing too many games, so now I focus on one matchup per day and I analyze it in depth. I normally pick the game I am most interested in or the game where I see an edge but where the line isn't too juicy. Off the record, I've gone 15-4-1 since focusing on a game per major sport per day. Felt good enough about it to share my plays with you guys. Feel free to leave any insights or comments! Best of luck if you tail or fade! All plays are 1u unless stated otherwise. Best of luck everyone!

YTD 0-0

Dallas Stars vs. New York Islanders // Jan 19
    At the face-off dot
    Both of these teams have been underwhelming this season. The Dallas Stars (19-19-8) were seen as a strong contender in the Western Conference but are currently outside of a playoff spot, whereas the New York Islanders (17-17-8) have been the tire fire of the Eastern Conference.

Stars align

The Stars sit two points out of the final Wild Card spot in the West, a situation they did not expect to be in coming into the season. Consistency has been the biggest issue for the Stars this season. The team has only won consecutive games twice in the last eight weeks and 3-5-1 since a three-game winning streak in late December.

New captain at the helm
    The Islanders look to turn the page on Thursday with new interim head coach Doug Weight. The team fired Jack Capuano after a dismal season thus far. The team had made the postseason three out of the last four seasons but will need a whole lot more than a coaching change to get them back into it this year.

The Isles’ best play this season has come when they are at home. They are 11-8-4 in Brooklyn this year and 3-0 the last three times the Stars visited. The Isles are 13-7 in their last 20 meetings against Western teams, and at home that record is even better. In the last 13 games at home against teams from the West, the Isles are 12-1. Being favourited tonight is another advantage for NYI; the Stars are just 5-13 this season as underdogs while on the road. Although The Stars are coming off a wild 7-6 win against the New York Rangers on Tuesday night, the Stars are only 3-11-4 after a win this season.
    The Final Breakdown

The Islanders are home for the next six games and despite all their troubles, they are just eight points out of a playoff spot. If they want to get back into it, it must come with the help of a successful homestand. And that starts tonight.

New York Islanders (-120) ML

HoleCamels
    HoleCamels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Nice i like the analysis. Im on this all well tonight. Gl

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING
    Flea Hotel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

TheDB

Thanks Camels, let's get it!

Haha FleaHotel, love this movie and this scene! :P Best of luck!

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Looking good so far!

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING

bravo. tailed for a full unit cuz i liked the game before but your analysis sold me. well done!

TheDB

There it is! 1-0 +1u ! Good debut so far Also won my NBA play on the Cleveland Cavs! Not a bad start!

Thanks Flea! I tailed your Caps tt

I'll be back tomorrow!

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING

Bravo to both of us. Love the analysis. Tons of weird games tomorrow! MTL at COL. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDB View Post
    There it is! 1-0 +1u ! Good debut so far Also won my NBA play on the Cleveland Cavs! Not a bad start!

Thanks Flea! I tailed your Caps tt

I'll be back tomorrow!

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Quote Originally Posted by Flea Hotel View Post
    Bravo to both of us. Love the analysis. Tons of weird games tomorrow! MTL at COL. lol.
    Good job Flea! Tailed you on the Wash play. Let's cash!
    Last edited by JC2008; 01-20-17 at 01:00 PM.