The Resurrection
    The Resurrection's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Betting live on hockey - tips?

I have just recently started watching hockey regularly. Although I am not a complete novice to the sport I haven't really developed an eye for hockey yet, that is being able to know where a game is heading. If there is a blowout, does the leading team take the foot of the gas or do they keep going? And how about a 0-0-game heading into the third period. Basically analyzing the flow of the game.

Since I am interested in starting betting live these are things one should be able to analyze. Of course different teams handles different situations differently, but what do you generally look at when betting live on NHL, generally speaking?

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING
    Flea Hotel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

If you really like a side pregame, and they get down a goal in the first, wait until the second is about a minute in before you live bet them. For example, I love Chicago to whip Detroit tonight. If it's 1-0 Detroit after 1 and Chicago seems to playing fine, I'll hit the live bet ML hard after a minute or two into the second. It can get as high as +350ML for the team down one goal with almost 40 minutes. It's an art, you gotta be watching the game. The people running the live bets are just using numbers, they don't know if that goal was junk and momentum, etc. They're not watching the game. Live betting is highly profitable but also highly time consuming. BOL. I'm sure others have tips. Live betting the NBA is much more profitable. The other day, some so-so team was up 6 on GSW with 7 mins left and were still +100. They were playing well and GS was playing like crap. Free money. GS lost by 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Resurrection View Post
    I have just recently started watching hockey regularly. Although I am not a complete novice to the sport I haven't really developed an eye for hockey yet, that is being able to know where a game is heading. If there is a blowout, does the leading team take the foot of the gas or do they keep going? And how about a 0-0-game heading into the third period. Basically analyzing the flow of the game.

Since I am interested in starting betting live these are things one should be able to analyze. Of course different teams handles different situations differently, but what do you generally look at when betting live on NHL, generally speaking?