crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by JayRow View Post
    Major overhaul coming to the under system tomorrow.... just left my PC to go tailgate for the Texans game but I have found a nice revelation that will increase our returns.
    I hope the revelation is to stop betting them. 1-3 on totals yesterday ruined an otherwise good day...

JayRow
    JayRow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4973

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    I hope the revelation is to stop betting them. 1-3 on totals yesterday ruined an otherwise good day...
    Yes it did. But I don't know where you get off.

Mike283
    Mike283's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

Instead of cracking on another man's work, who certainly doesn't have to be sharing a winning system btw, why don't you just not bet JR's totals and take the ML bets since you apparently dislike the totals bets? No one is forcing you to enter any bets.

Mike283
    Mike283's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

This is generally correct. Betting on dogs and fading the public could get you close to break even. You shouldnt lose your shirt with that approach if you have a consistent bet size.
    With discipline you'll be better than 80% of bettors in this manner.
    Then the hard part is taking that approach and adding nuggets of flavor to get you to be profitable.
    Thanks for this, didn't have a chance to reply yesterday. I find it really interesting that you say this alone is enough to get close to break even, that makes it even more powerful of a concept than I thought.

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING
    Flea Hotel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

It's sportsbetting 101. Jay Row and I probably learned this in high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike283 View Post
    Thanks for this, didn't have a chance to reply yesterday. I find it really interesting that you say this alone is enough to get close to break even, that makes it even more powerful of a concept than I thought.

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING

He probably hasn't in a long, long time, with another person. Maybe never.
    Yes it did. But I don't know where you get off.

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING

Any picks today JR? I wanna tail some of the now world famous "revelation unders".

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING

Dudes been here since I was 16. Anyone whose been here for more than six years and is still trolling winning capper's free picks that, like you said, come without obligation, are generally pretty unfit. Some booze and oxys and they crawl back into hiding from the IRS.
    Instead of cracking on another man's work, who certainly doesn't have to be sharing a winning system btw, why don't you just not bet JR's totals and take the ML bets since you apparently dislike the totals bets? No one is forcing you to enter any bets.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fuux

JayRow

Quote Originally Posted by Flea Hotel View Post
    Any picks today JR? I wanna tail some of the now world famous "revelation unders".
    No Picks Today.

The Revelation Unders will be much less frequent but I feel generally more powerful. I'm going to PM you about what I did.

JayRow

Yesterday: 4-4; -0.79 units
    Season: 98-92; +9.90 units

Again, No picks today!

crackerjack

I wish the best for everyone. I was simply suggesting to jay that a good system for maximizing his profits would be to stop betting totals. It hasn't been a winning system this year...and that's after undergoing several revisions and now the announced revelatory change. Anyone that jumps in this thread should know to do what you suggest and follow the money line suggestions and skip the totals picks, at least for now. I'd be curious to know what jay's overall record is without totals. But like I said, I hope everyone is successful, not just in this thread but he entire forum.

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING

Nice try. Start your own thread and be profitable. Either that or STFU. If JR wants your insight, he'll message you. You've prob never made a pick in your life. Just like the SBR zombies who I'll meet soon, in person, with my friends. JR and I work our asses off to try to make money doing this, and then for NO reason we post our picks and our records. You guys don't have to tail. Don't like the pick? STFU and go away. Angry a guy whose made you 10 units had a losing night. STFU and STFU. Your facetious commens make us want to pick winners and keep them for ourselves and the people who do appreciate our picks, lose.

I wish the best for everyone. I was simply suggesting to jay that a good system for maximizing his profits would be to stop betting totals. It hasn't been a winning system this year...and that's after undergoing several revisions and now the announced revelatory change. Anyone that jumps in this thread should know to do what you suggest and follow the money line suggestions and skip the totals picks, at least for now. I'd be curious to know what jay's overall record is without totals. But like I said, I hope everyone is successful, not just in this thread but he entire forum.

JayRow

But you make this assumption without knowing any of my past results or current methodology. Simply skipping out of totals would have been a huge mistake last year.

Anyone coming into this thread i would not recommend to just skip the totals. They're my plays. I know most about them than anyone. Hindsight is 20/20 but there's a reason I bet them.

I posted my split side/total a few weeks ago.

JayRow

Season: 98-92; +9.90 units

Today's Plays:

Canadiens -120 1 UNIT (JayRow vs. Flea-Ho! hate when this happens.)

Stars +135 1 UNIT
    Devils/Panthers OVER 5 -110 1 UNIT
    Last edited by JayRow; 01-09-17 at 10:58 AM.

crackerjack

Quote Originally Posted by Flea Hotel View Post
    Nice try. Start your own thread and be profitable. Either that or STFU. If JR wants your insight, he'll message you. You've prob never made a pick in your life. Just like the SBR zombies who I'll meet soon, in person, with my friends. JR and I work our asses off to try to make money doing this, and then for NO reason we post our picks and our records. You guys don't have to tail. Don't like the pick? STFU and go away. Angry a guy whose made you 10 units had a losing night. STFU and STFU. Your facetious commens make us want to pick winners and keep them for ourselves and the people who do appreciate our picks, lose.

You're an angry asshole

crackerjack

But you make this assumption without knowing any of my past results or current methodology. Simply skipping out of totals would have been a huge mistake last year.

Anyone coming into this thread i would not recommend to just skip the totals. They're my plays. I know most about them than anyone. Hindsight is 20/20 but there's a reason I bet them.

I posted my split side/total a few weeks ago.
    I know that this year your totals picks have not been good. Is this an accurate statement? Do you still want people to follow these picks even though they've consistently been losers? Why do you want this?? And I said people should skip them "for now" meaning they should wait out your bad spell and jump back in when things are better. Look, I appreciate your work and I appreciate you posting your plays. I started a thread and posted some winners for a few days and realized it was too much work to try to remember to post my picks so I get its extra work that you don't have to do. I'm not trying to bust your balls and didn't mean to ruffle a bunch of feathers. I was simply suggesting that your profits would increase greatly if you didn't play totals. I dont see anything wrong with that...

JayRow

I know that this year your totals picks have not been good. Is this an accurate statement? Do you still want people to follow these picks even though they've consistently been losers? Why do you want this?? And I said people should skip them "for now" meaning they should wait out your bad spell and jump back in when things are better. Look, I appreciate your work and I appreciate you posting your plays. I started a thread and posted some winners for a few days and realized it was too much work to try to remember to post my picks so I get its extra work that you don't have to do. I'm not trying to bust your balls and didn't mean to ruffle a bunch of feathers. I was simply suggesting that your profits would increase greatly if you didn't play totals. I dont see anything wrong with that...
    All good man. The thing is the "wait and see" approach doesn't work. You never know when to jump on and you feel that you've missed out on the good times. it's behavioral finance 101.

No my totals haven't been good this year but they've been good every other year and I feel my numbers and methodology is good. I have made adjustments. The season isn't halfway over yet. It's all a package deal and I hope to turn that totals number positive over the next few months.

JayRow

Yesterday: 1-2; -0.85 units
    Season: 99-94; +9.05 units

Today's Play:

Flyers -113 1 unit

JayRow

Yesterday: 0-1 ; -1.13 units
    Season: 99-95; +7.92 units.

I am taking a hiatus for a while to focus on handicapping methods and personal issues. Go follow Flea Hotel for sure winners!

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING

Or sure fades! GL JR, see you soon.
    Yesterday: 0-1 ; -1.13 units
    Season: 99-95; +7.92 units.

I am taking a hiatus for a while to focus on handicapping methods and personal issues. Go follow Flea Hotel for sure winners!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

only the strong survive here at SBR.....kid had a nice run.....just burnt out....will be back

First ... 13141516