Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blues @ Blackhawks -265 2/3/10

With a -265 moneyline, the Blackhawks must win approx 70% of the time. This line seems too high for what I would estimate a 65% chance to win or so. When I first saw the line I said "Oh boy I'm taking the dog" but I don't think it's enough of an edge to play.

Having said that, this is the steepest moneyline I've seen around these parts in a while. Is this the highest this season?

dknight734
    dknight734's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

so then u like the haks in this at home and rested against an alright stl team?

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by dknight734 View Post
    so then u like the haks in this at home and rested against an alright stl team?
    I like the Chi tonight.. BOL to all!

BigTuna
    BigTuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1010

I have made a lot of money on the hawks this year and this line is a head scratcher...... So far the Hawks have beaten STL 3 times this year. However, the last game in STL dislplayed that this match up is turning into a big Rivalry. STL went the the thuggish route and tried to beat the crap out of the hawks and it did not work. The Hawks won the game on the road 6-3 back in Dec. This was also the first game STL had a new coach. Since then, they have been playing average hockey... which is better then what they were doing before.

Bonus for the Hawks is that they may get Dave Bolland back to center there second line with Hossa. However, this would also mess up some pretty good chemistry that the 2nd line has had.

Negative for Hawks is that Niemi is going to start in goal. He may be rusty having sat for the last two games. However, this may have made him more healthy and focused.... http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...lackhawks.html Who knows?

I think the positives out weigh the negatives for the Hawks tonight.... they will be excited to be back home and the blood will be pumping after the national anthem. I would take em on the PL and hit the ML if your bank roll allows.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2081

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Having said that, this is the steepest moneyline I've seen around these parts in a while. Is this the highest this season?
    Hawks were -289 in a 3-0 win vs Columbus
    Sharks were -285 in a 4-2 win vs Edmonton
    Sharks were -270 in a 4-1 win vs Edmonton
    Penguins were -270 in a 3-2 win vs Florida
    Penguins were -280 in a 3-2 loss vs Carolina
    Penguins were -282 in a 4-1 win vs Colorado
    Capitals were -268 in a 6-3 loss vs Carolina

sharpmoney
    sharpmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

First game home for the hawks after a long road trip, don't really like the spot for them. Didn't really impress too much on the road trip either winning in extra time against the sharks and wings, also had wins over the struggling oilers, a one goal win over the wings and jackets.

Blues have been playing decent enough as of late I would play the puck line +1.5 for the blues. Blues have only lost once in the last ten by two or more goals and they pretty well away from home this year. Can't really lay the big price with the hawks.

kornixxxx
    kornixxxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on blues

avssakic
    avssakic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4193

too much juice

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Chi should win, but that's a lot of juice to lay in hockey. A bad puck bounce or a lucky goalie could kill it.

hii Im J NaSTy
    hii Im J NaSTy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take the puck line

wickedamc
    wickedamc's Avatar Become A Pro!

hawks will take this one

Frosh
    Frosh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Blues PL doesn't look to bad here. If I were playing this game that's more than likely what I would play. I think Blackhawks win this game but only by 1 and the ML is just too heavy.