theghaf
    Update your status
    theghaf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 714

Take McDavid and the Oilers Tonight

He is coming out of the World Cup of Hockey tourny so will be more ready to dominate tonight. Lots of NHLers on the Oilers roster versus the young forwards but strong defense of Canucks...
    Last edited by theghaf; 09-28-16 at 06:07 PM.

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

His line is new and who knows how much TOI he will get. Canucks have much better defense in this game and Miller in net. While I think Oilers will win this looks closer to a coinflip than value in Oilers to me.

theghaf
    Update your status

Oilers have been shit on for years. Their young guns always have a lot to prove IMO and Connor Mcdavid is no different. Canucks will be hard pressed to generate any offence and are more concerned with getting a serious look at their young forwards. Edmonton will be trying to generate chemistry. The only way you do that is by putting the puck in the net. In my book that constitutes value. Oilers win by 3+.

ZdenoK

Yeah but the young Canucks should be equally or even more motivated to stop the great McDavid while I don't know much motivation McDavid would have for this shitty preseason game.

theghaf
    Update your status

True. It is gambling at the end of the day and I am looking for any kind of edge that my brain can construe to warrant a degenerate bet. going big on this one...I think Mcdavid gets decent ice time tonight...a lot of players in the line-up can light the lamp regardless...

ZdenoK

When I first saw Oilers lineup for tonight I was anxiously waiting to see what Canucks will play, was hoping for less experience on the roster. I think everyone who is pounding Oilers tonight is jumping on them because of the first line. I know it's McDavid but he got back from tough elimination from World Cup and Canucks don't have a bad team facing him either. I think Oilers will win but given the rosters I'm not convinced enough to see big enough advantage to bet on them. I'll rather wait for a bigger mismatch of the lineups, like Flyers last night and Devils 2 nights ago. Good luck!

theghaf
    Update your status

cheers

ZdenoK

Zero points by the boy wonder