Vapas
    Vapas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Monday NHL Pick - With Reasoning!

Hello All,

Another week, more hockey!

2015-16 NHL Season Record: 30-34 (All Underdog Wagers), Avg ML Wager +133, 9.2% Return on Total Money at Risk.

Monday:

Dallas +107

The Stars take their 3 game winning streak into Nashville tonight, while having won 7 of their last 9 games. This team is surging again, beating the Blackhawks and Capitals in their last 2 games. Their Season PP/PK rating stands at 2.2% above the league median, while they've improved on this key metric in February to the tune of 5.4%. Kari Lehtonen should be in net for this one, a .910 Sv% guy (median), who has won three consecutive starts, two of which were against the tough teams mentioned above. Tyler Seguin and Cody Eakin are both listed as questionable for this one, with Seguin cutting his arm on Saturday. No practice though on Sunday and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go tonight and the line drop into juiced territory. Maybe both will play and we're getting a -125 team at +107! I digress. The Stars are a good team, they generate the most shots per game in the league and are trending up in February. They do have to travel to St. Louis and play tomorrow night...
    The Preds: Rinne is struggling; .901 Sv% to go with a 1-2-1 Record and 4.0 GAA over his last 4 starts. The Preds have seen their PP/PK rating drop over 5% in February, from what was already an under median rating. They spend more than 10 minutes per game in the box and they are probably going to get a day off after this one to finish off the last 2 of this 3 game homestand, starting with Boston on Thursday.
    All told, these two teams are trending in opposite directions in February, in both wins and key metrics...
    I like the Stars as an underdog.

Good Luck

Vapas

Aaaaannndd Hutton gets the start. Missed the final announcement by 5 minutes. He has been better lately, we'll see.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

threw them in my 5 gamer

Vapas

Aaaaannnnd Niemi gets the start for the Stars....still the line has dropped to -105 or -110 across the board. Seguin and Eakin both skating in the morning practice in their respective lines.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Carter Hutton starts in goal for Preds...upgrade from Pecker.

Vapas

Yep, missed the announcement by a few minutes, took a shot (see above). Still feel solid with both Seguin and Eakin upgraded to probable.