blueguitar
    blueguitar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Over Under Betting System

I've been paper betting a simple system on the o/u and I would like to hear comments. I bet only the dog when I can get +108 or better. My idea is that the o/u is so unpredictable that the book can't actually post these lines with any degree of accuracy. For example: right now betonline.ag has the Kings/Coyotes game at under 5 +110 so I'll go with that bet. Since I've been doing this I have gone 18-15 earning $535 based on $100 bets earning 16%. I wasn't expecting to win more bets than I lost; I think so far that has happened just due to luck. I thought it possible that I would win about 50% and make money because I got +108 or more on my bets. Of course, I'm not a naive person so I know that the results so far are way too few to come to any conclusions. What do you think? Do you think its possible that a simple system like this could deliver profits? Or not?

doubledime
    doubledime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8876

Post your plays and your record here for all to see. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by blueguitar View Post
    I've been paper betting a simple system on the o/u and I would like to hear comments. I bet only the dog when I can get +108 or better. My idea is that the o/u is so unpredictable that the book can't actually post these lines with any degree of accuracy. For example: right now betonline.ag has the Kings/Coyotes game at under 5 +110 so I'll go with that bet. Since I've been doing this I have gone 18-15 earning $535 based on $100 bets earning 16%. I wasn't expecting to win more bets than I lost; I think so far that has happened just due to luck. I thought it possible that I would win about 50% and make money because I got +108 or more on my bets. Of course, I'm not a naive person so I know that the results so far are way too few to come to any conclusions. What do you think? Do you think its possible that a simple system like this could deliver profits? Or not?
    if your system is just betting dog lines then it will certainly fail. If there's some mathematical reasoning behind your selections then maybe not