Betpoints: 1106

NHL Edges - Jan 11

Bos/NYR OVER 5 -135

Another line I'm surprised didnt open at 5.5
    These teams are averaging 5.69 goals/game
    Fair price at least -150

YTD: 26-12, +17.02 units

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Yeah, I see the game Over hitting - will be on the 1P Under though.
    Like Bruins to steal this one too, but should be a close one...probably decided in OT.

I'll be on Detroit TT (U 2.5) until quick slows down...and Detroit starts scoring more on the road.
    Last edited by RollinDo; 01-10-16 at 10:32 PM.

RollinDo

Really surpised not many responses to your daily "edges" threads...not many on here to follow and make $.
    Your style is not like mine, so it's hard for me to tail if it doesn't align with a lean of mine.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Really surpised not many responses to your daily "edges" threads...not many on here to follow and make $.
    Your style is not like mine, so it's hard for me to tail if it doesn't align with a lean of mine.
    I'm fan of this thread. Great work, Rich, thanks for sharing. Rollin, this is how you want it, low key, smart people around.

Good luck.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep that's why I don't post in players talk. Too many squares and degenerates over there. I like to think the hockey section is for sharp players
    Points Awarded:

VegasPlayer gave Rich Boy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Nicely done
    Fully agree , both top 5 scoring teams
    Best of luck to you

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    I'm fan of this thread. Great work, Rich, thanks for sharing. Rollin, this is how you want it, low key, smart people around.

Good luck.
    Yeah - I like it like this...and then you've got other threads with lots more traffic for posters who are not doing well...you can count me as one of those not doing well, but just suffering some bad beats lately.

italianbandit

Historically, the baseball thread is pretty good too. Some good value players.

italianbandit

On the subject of overs, this is a good fast read. Probably old news for some of you but anyway:
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ier-than-ever/

Rich Boy

Good read bandit. I looked into the stats of this and found something interesting.

Although coaches are pulling goalies earlier and in 3 goal deficits. Overall goals/game has decreased compared to last year. Despite the NHLs attempts to increase scoring

Rich Boy

I think the new coaching strategy provides excellent live betting opportunities. For example most 2-2 games after 2 periods have OVER 5.5 priced between -135 and -160 (for average/low total games). While 3-1 games are priced slightly lower. I find 3-1 games might provide excellent value betting over given 2 factors.

1. Game pace will be higher than a 2-2 game. More chances taken by the team losing instead of 2 teams "coasting" to an extra point.

2. Any 1 goal scored likely results in an empty net situation depending on the coach and 4-1 empty net is usually much sooner than 3-2

Just my 2 cents

italianbandit

Glad you liked it. It's interesting that scoring has actually decreased. I'll keep me eye out for those 3-1 spots. In general, I've found live betting (across many sports) to be very profitable. If you are disciplined, have pre game positions, and watch the game, there often arises many positive EV opportunities. Frankly, it's not very efficient-- hence the limits.

italianbandit

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Yeah - I like it like this...and then you've got other threads with lots more traffic for posters who are not doing well...you can count me as one of those not doing well, but just suffering some bad beats lately.
    I've always found playing less plays during downward turns helps. Good luck moving forward.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    Glad you liked it. It's interesting that scoring has actually decreased. I'll keep me eye out for those 3-1 spots. In general, I've found live betting (across many sports) to be very profitable. If you are disciplined, have pre game positions, and watch the game, there often arises many positive EV opportunities. Frankly, it's not very efficient-- hence the limits.
    Yeah live betting football and hockey usually works out pretty nicely for me. Not Basketball though, I find it way too unpredictable.

Hudini
    Hudini's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Lots of people track this thread. I was thinking on VAN game under 5,5

larco15
    larco15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post

YTD: 26-12, +17.02 units

Excellent result.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

No love for the Flames today?

Rich Boy

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    No love for the Flames today?
    I think they might have some value at the current price of +110. Will look into it further.

briancosart
    briancosart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1436

I'm on the Flames +105 at home, Sharks will be brought down to earth after that 7-0 win.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

I think the over is the best bet in the flames sharks game

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by briancosart View Post
    I'm on the Flames +105 at home, Sharks will be brought down to earth after that 7-0 win.
    Not sure what to think of Sharks...they play much tougher on the road.
    Gonna play it safer with the Under 5.5 since I'm undecided on the side...Sharks stingy on the road and Calgary has been hitting Unders consistently at home.

Rich Boy

Cal line seems pretty sharp to me. I wouldnt have them favored in this matchup. Would want at least +120 to lay Calgary at the moment.

Rich Boy

Det +0.5 in regulation +116

This line felt a bit high when it opened and has moved even more. I feel comfortable in Detroit being able to keep this game tight and should be low scoring.

Kings have been held to 2 goals or less in the past 4 games and only scored once against the lowly Blues after playing back to back.
    Getting plus money for this wager especially at +116 feels like a bargain. Fair odds around +105 IMO

RollinDo

Det +0.5 in regulation +116

This line felt a bit high when it opened and has moved even more. I feel comfortable in Detroit being able to keep this game tight and should be low scoring.

Kings have been held to 2 goals or less in the past 4 games and only scored once against the lowly Blues after playing back to back.
    Getting plus money for this wager especially at +116 feels like a bargain. Fair odds around +105 IMO
    I sure wouldn't mess with going against Detroit the way they've shown up on the road. I kind of like this.
    I know it's juicy, but I have Detroit TT (U 2.5) @ -160.
    It could be 1-1 or 2-2 at end of regulation.

I know people here would not do this, but Detroit +2.5 is at just -340...I would play it, but just slightly worried that on a b2b with Kings off a loss could be dangerous if it's like 2-0 or 3-1 late...though I don't see that happening, but would hate to lose with that juice.
    Blues were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights and ended up tying LAK last game.

BankrollMafia
    Update your status
    BankrollMafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3346

Im seeing detroit in regulation for +295. Am i looking at something wrong. You are taking detroit to win in regulation am i right ?

Rich Boy

That would be Detroit -0.5 in regulation.
    I'm taking Det +0.5 so Detroit or draw in regulation

Rich Boy

Fla/Van UNDER 5.5 -191

Not a fan of under 5 lines so I will pay the juice on this game. I like Luongo and Markstrom playing their former teams and Fla playing back to back road games. Should be a low scoring game.
    Last edited by Rich Boy; 01-11-16 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Bolded

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4500

I think they might have some value at the current price of +110. Will look into it further.
    Just want to say thank you for helping us out. Any insight in this Sharks/Calgary game?? Line has to move so much that SJS is -121 now. I see quite a few posters here liking CAL. Personally I am leaning SJS. But the line is over what I would play. What's your take?

Rich Boy

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Just want to say thank you for helping us out. Any insight in this Sharks/Calgary game?? Line has to move so much that SJS is -121 now. I see quite a few posters here liking CAL. Personally I am leaning SJS. But the line is over what I would play. What's your take?

Line looks correct to me. Wouldnt back Calgary unless I was getting +120 or better like I mentioned. Staying away from this game.

RollinDo

Line looks correct to me. Wouldnt back Calgary unless I was getting +120 or better like I mentioned. Staying away from this game.
    Agreed...only thing I feel halfway comfy with is Under 5.5, but who knows - maybe empty netter bumps it to 6.

Rich Boy

SJ/Cal OVER 5.5 +117

Have been watching this line since it opened and has dropped down more than I thought. +117 is too good a price to pass up for 2 teams averaging 5.74 goals/game (home/road) and 5.59/game overall good for ~50% OVER 5.5

Factor in that Calgary has played more unders of late and I feel it could be a bit lower but the current price justifies this play.

doubledime
    doubledime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8876

RB

Like the Bost over and could make a case for all 3. GL on your card tonight.

DD

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Good luck to you
    Very good detail and info

BankrollMafia
    Update your status
    BankrollMafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3346

Darn, looks like the Bruins/Rangers game going under...

Rich Boy

Yep not looking good. Oh well can't win em all...

12 Last