ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

ZdenoK the NHL 15/16 Zamboni Driver

So it (finally) begins... Great Canadian derby to open the season. Toronto had an awful season last year, their second one in a row, and huge changes have followed - they have replaced their coaching, they have mixed up their roster. Montreal had a good season, although some were expecting the cup, they have (arguably) the best goaltender in the league, rock solid defense and underachieving offense. As the biggest roster move they have acquired veteran Semin to fire things up. No wonder Habs are a much better team on paper, last year they've swept the mutual series with Leafs as they've won all 4 games. But it's the very beginning of the season. Rivalry between the teams has strong roots, Toronto will have their emotional crowd behind them on this season opener, they expect them to turn a new (maple) leaf. On books they are set as the biggest underdog but a victory would be a huge deal as they would show there is something to look up to for the rest of this long new season. It's only a start of the NHL season so I would advise against betting big for a while, I'll take Leafs as a small fan action bet. If they won't beat Habs tonight, when will they?

Pick: Toronto Maple Leafs ML @ 2.36 Pinnacle 1/10

I guess in the first intermission we can call PK to deliver us a pizza.

Last edited by ZdenoK; 10-07-15 at 02:10 PM.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

0-4 against them last season.

ZdenoK

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    0-4 against them last season.
    Yes, the last time they won was in January 2014.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

GL this season Z

ZdenoK

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    GL this season Z
    Thanks, you too pal

ZdenoK

The right post is officially better than Bernier after the first 5 minutes of the game. Bernier was scored against on Montreal's first shot in the game. He made one save afterwards giving him 50 SV%. The right post made a save when Bernier was already defeated making it 100 SV% for the right post.

jontebond
    jontebond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6770

Yeah classic Bernier. Toronto has looked better possession wise. Expecting Montreal to put in another gear in Second.

ZdenoK

Quote Originally Posted by jontebond View Post
    Yeah classic Bernier. Toronto has looked better possession wise. Expecting Montreal to put in another gear in Second.
    The goal killed the momentum and they almost got scored against again. Montreal has better chances in the first period except for the lone breakaway but Carey Price is Carey Price, fixing the mistakes his team makes. While on the other side Bernier makes the mistakes his team doesn't

jontebond

Montreal looks really bad. No speed no possession, we all know what that means =)

Vegas39

Montreal does look bad and that PP is still awful

ZdenoK

Montreal looks really bad. No speed no possession, we all know what that means =)
    That's true but Montreal is scoring goals from rushes. If Bernier snaped out of it, his team has good chances to win. If not, both goalies will be the difference maker in the end. The interesting thing for me is how Phaneuf's time on ice has drastically lowered I'll probably switch to Chicago game when the puck drops, also my favorite announcer on NBCSN - Doc Emrick.

jontebond

Quote Originally Posted by ZdenoK View Post
    That's true but Montreal is scoring goals from rushes. If Bernier snaped out of it, his team has good chances to win. If not, both goalies will be the difference maker in the end. The interesting thing for me is how Phaneuf's time on ice has drastically lowered
    Yeah Babcock really rotate those d-men quickly. Seems to work.

ZdenoK

HD stream for Blackhawks - Rangers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDD697xbZ5A
    HD stream for Leafs - Habs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DbNNRREXIU

ZdenoK

First coach's challenge in the NHL and it takes away a goal. Wow, that was effective.

jontebond

Wow another post for Montreal, 2 post, 1 crossbar and 1 disallowed goal, my Montreal TT over is smoked, Post kill me!

ZdenoK

Wow another post for Montreal, 2 post, 1 crossbar and 1 disallowed goal, my Montreal TT over is smoked, Post kill me!
    I was thinking about Grand salami under and Rangers for tonight but I decided not to bet anything big this early in the season so just took Leafs for small stake as the poor little underdog. The posts for Habs are unreal indeed. Leafs also with some good chances on the other side. Will be interesting to see how the game plays out. So far it looks like it can go either way. We've already seen the coach's challenge, will we also see a 3 v 3?

ZdenoK

I might have a small action play for later and I'll post HD streams for all the games so tune in.

ZdenoK
    Last edited by ZdenoK; 10-08-15 at 06:52 PM.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Nice, for future reference how do you find these?

ZdenoK

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Nice, for future reference how do you find these?
    I know few guys who stream and they hook me up.

HD Pens @ Stars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCL-sRwGCI
    http://goatdee.net/122313/watch-pitt...s-dallas-stars
    Last edited by ZdenoK; 10-08-15 at 07:59 PM.

ZdenoK

It seems crazy to pick under with so much talent in the offense at both teams but if you check the mutual games from last year, they both ended under (2-1 and 3-2 Stars). Sure, Pens have added Kessel and sure, Stars have possibly one of the best offensive lines in the league but Fleury is coming off from the best season he had so far and for Stars Niemi will begin tonight, which should be a great goaltending duel. There are two possible outcomes I see here, either a very high scoring game with 10 goals in which case it will be a run and gun or a closed low scoring one. Public is heavy on over but if you are crazy enough as I am, let's make a value bet on under for small stakes.

Pick: Pens/Stars under 5 @ 2.62 Pinnacle 1/10

JaeLeus
    JaeLeus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 932

Thanks for the links ZdenoK. Enough of the bad quality streams I have been scrounging for.

ZdenoK

You have to see how Oilers scored their first goal in the season: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=2015020008-96-h
    Also, Niemi has 2 assists for 2 Dallas goals so far

ZdenoK

Quote Originally Posted by JaeLeus View Post
    Thanks for the links ZdenoK. Enough of the bad quality streams I have been scrounging for.
    No problem, mate. If I'm around, I'll post links for games in this thread.

Vegas39

What a 3rd for Wild

ZdenoK

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    What a 3rd for Wild
    Unreal meltdown for Avs, Patrick Roy was quite visibly upset

ZdenoK

Season opener for Detroit, the big story is a visit of their former coach who was successfuly leading them since ever (10 years). I like the Red Wings v2, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are getting old but they have great franchise players in Tatar and Nyquvist who will slowly take the leading roles, the depth is good. As most of the team new coach comes from their own school, he brought their AHL team to a champion, now he is in for a bigger challenge, but not really a new face. They have acquired Mike Green during the offseason, I think he will be great for good powerplay realization and Lindstrom will be soon the past. Perhaps the biggest question is goaltending. Mrazek should be a great backup but the doubt lies in Howard. Anyway, I expect nothing less than seeing them in the playoffs for another year, though I don't see them reaching conference finals. Toronto, Toronto... I've bet on them vs Canadiens and they lost. But I'm not sorry, it was actually a good game and they were looking quite decent. They had a spark and desire to play, quite the opposite of what were used to seeing last year, they even outshot Montreal. Bernier in net... the guy couldn't get a worse start as he got scored on facing his first shot in the new season but he picked up his game after and he was quite solid for the rest of the derby. I think he is fired up even more now to make everyone forget about the fluke goal. On paper Detroit is a much better team but Babcock should know his opponent very well as he was their daddy for an entire decade. Red Wings are having a shitty schedule to begin with as they will travel to Carolina tomorrow. While I give full advantage to Detroit, this game is anything but ordinary and when emotions come into play, I think the line should be more even. I expect a close game so I'll take Maple Leafs again but with a +1 handicap to cover the OT as my small action play.

Pick: Toronto Maple Leafs +1 @ 1.826 Pinnacle 1/10

For the laughs, let's see how I do with other games.

Devils - it should be pretty much a one-man-show, either Cory Schneider will hold his team into it or there will be a meltdown and Jets will score as they did last night. On a positive note, Jets have played yesterday so it's a back-to-back road game for them. Let's say I belive in Cory on this magical time of a season opener.

Jackets - the most injured team of last season and a Cinderella beauty of 2 seasons ago is now finally complete. Bobrovsky is healthy and if he is in his top shape, he should be a stellar beast. Lots of talent in the offense, first line should be a real killer - Johanson who finally signed the contract, the big franchise name, combined with Saad and Foligno... great things ahead of the trio. While reaching playoffs might be a good goal for this team I think they can dream past the first round. Rangers are dangerous as ever, the best road team, rock solid King Henrik, angry Broadway gang scoring off the rush... great team. They should go far in the playoffs. Tonight? I think Columbus starts the season fired up to forget the unfortunate injuries from last year and show everyone how strong they are when healthy (ok, minus Clarkson, he is a clown).

Islanders/Chicago - tough one to pick, instead I'm going with totals over 5. Lots of talent in the offense for both teams, Chicago already played the first game, they lost despite playing quite well, Lundqvist stole the show. They know how to score and I'm not sure Islanders are a team which can really stop them with their defense. I'm curious to see how Greiss will do. On the other hand Islanders can score goals themselves. Tavares could be in the top 5 at the end of the season. Surprisingly last year they played both mutual games scoring only 5 goals but tonight I expect at least a push if not more.

Kings - I hate to see teams being such favorites and especially this early in the season but it might be justified in this case. Kings are in a huge hole, the two cups in recent years have took its toll and half of the team went rogue. What is left is a team with lack of depth and chemistry. They are trying to fill the gaps with some new players ala Lucic or Ehrhoff but I'm afraid that's not good enough. I don't know if they will be able to reach the playoffs this year for another straight year. Despite that they are a stinky grinder bubble team, which is at least solid in their arena. Arizona is one of the worst teams in the league. Probably another season of full tanking mode to get Austen Matthews. Mike Smith can steal the show but on the opposing side there will be Jonathan Quick who is a better goalie on any given day (and any goal scored). Coyotes seem like a good team for Kings to fix the season start appearence and bounce back. I just wonder what Lucic or Brown would have to do in order to get some bigger penalty by the league. As long as they can always get away with their dirty shit, Kings are worth backing up on home ice.

HD Jets @ Devils http://www.101livesportsvideos.com/videos/hd-9-main/
    500 kbps Rangers @ Jackets http://streamking.org/new-york-range...ve-stream.html
    HD Leafs @ Wings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe_q2HyHXZI
    HD Hawks @ Islanders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln7vNI6YYDA
    Last edited by ZdenoK; 10-09-15 at 06:15 PM.

ZdenoK

And that's why I don't bet any serious money at the very start. Note to myself: stay away from Maple Leafs, seems like it will be a tough year again.

ZdenoK

HD Habs @ Bruins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDD697xbZ5A
    HD Wings @ Canes http://goatdee.net/122547/watch-detr...ina-hurricanes
    HD Devils @ Caps http://goatdee.net/122545/watch-new-...ngton-capitals
    HD Sents @ Leafs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS7NoN_y9Uo
    HD Flyers @ Panthers http://goatdee.net/122541/watch-phil...orida-panthers
    HD Jackets @ Rangers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCL-sRwGCI
    HD Oliers @ Preds http://goatdee.net/122549/watch-edmo...ille-predators

Too tired to dig into the matches but without any proper reasoning I like Carolina, Boston and New Jersey tonight.

ZdenoK

Carolina is outplaying Detroit quite heavily, it's visible they are tired. Shots on goal 18-2 for Canes at the moment. They are still underdog on live betting, I'm putting small action money on them.

Carolina Hurricanes ML @ 1.94 MarathonBet 1/10

ZdenoK
    Last edited by ZdenoK; 10-10-15 at 09:51 PM.

ZdenoK
    Last edited by ZdenoK; 10-11-15 at 06:28 PM.

123 Last