SlapShot87
    SlapShot87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tuesday's Picks Discussion

Pretty good night last night on the ice, I hope for more of the same today.

Today I have 4 plays that come to mind.

First off, I like the over 6 in the Panthers (17-18-2-5) VS Maple Leafs (14-19-7-2).
    Of the last 5 meetings, 3 of them have gone over the total with one push, and a loss. In the last 7 games overall, the over is 5-1-1.
    Toronto has struggled to get the puck in the net for most of the year and of their last 5 games they have scored only 1 goal, in 3 of them. I look for that to change vs the Panthers and for them to continue to net a higher scoring affair like in past meetings.
    Both teams should come out hungry tonight.

I like the over 5 in Stars (18-12-4-7) VS Devils (29-10-0-1). Both of these teams come in to this event winners of 3 of the last 5 and both have been capable of getting the puck in the net. In 10 meetings between these 2, 7 of them have hit 5 goals or more. I look for this trend to continue tonight making the over 5 a play I really like.

Tonight I also like Bruins (21-13-2-5) to beat the Senators (22-16-1-3).
    Although Boston played a tough game lastnight in New York losing a close one 3-2 I like them to continue their dominant ways on the Sens and come out on top.
    The Senators have been doing better than I (and alot of other people I'm sure) thought they would have while missing 2 top players like Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson but I think it may catch up to them tonight when the B's come to town.

Also, I like the Flames (24-12-2-3) to beat the Predators (25-14-2-1) tonight.
    Both teams come into this matchup on winning streaks and both teams are tied for 5 in the West with 53pts. The Flames have always faired well against the Preds and I expect them to do exactly that once again tonight. Calgary has won 7 of the last 10 meetings overall, and are 5-1 in the last 6 meetings.
    The road team is also 5-2 in the last 7.

Thoughts?

don logan
    don logan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Flames are probably a better team than Nashville, but the game's in Nashville and at even money I personally don't think there's any value in betting them. Same with Bruins. When Ottawa's missing high profile guys like Alfredsson & Spezza, any value with Boston just goes out the window. At least that's the way I see it.

Actually, I meant any "potential" value with Boston, assuming there would be any value in Boston to begin with if Alfredsson & Spezza were playing in this game.

SlapShot87

Quote Originally Posted by don logan View Post
    Flames are probably a better team than Nashville, but the game's in Nashville and at even money I personally don't think there's any value in betting them. Same with Bruins. When Ottawa's missing high profile guys like Alfredsson & Spezza, any value with Boston just goes out the window. At least that's the way I see it.

Actually, I meant any "potential" value with Boston, assuming there would be any value in Boston to begin with if Alfredsson & Spezza were playing in this game.

I think of the 4 picks, Calgary indeed has the highest risk, it's a very tight game that could go either way, but I like Calgary as a lean.

I feel pretty good about Boston tonight. Their recent matchup stats speak for themselves. Elliot in net tonight for the Sens, who played the last three straight versus the Bruins going 0-3. Thomas is 10-0 in the last 10 against the Sens.
    Last game of a 5 game home stand for the Sens, who indeed need the points considering their road record, but I don't see them coming through successful tonight.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

With you on the Stars and Devils over 5.

POD Squad
    POD Squad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tor and fla..over!
    Loving this play.
    I am on Nashville tonite..gl with that..I think cal is just getting lucky now days.. Only there goalie is playing up to par.. So I think this one goes to home team.
    I'm also liking min to win against chi. So min on ml.

zandyman
    zandyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

I like O5 in Dal/NJD the best.

SlapShot87

Quote Originally Posted by POD Squad View Post
    Tor and fla..over!
    Loving this play.
    I am on Nashville tonite..gl with that..I think cal is just getting lucky now days.. Only there goalie is playing up to par.. So I think this one goes to home team.
    I'm also liking min to win against chi. So min on ml.

Yeah the over in Toronto stood out too me last night and today while looking at tonight's card.

Still not sure if I'll pull the trigger tonight on Calgary, I think there maybe better plays to make but still would lean towards them.

Good luck tonight POD

Also zandy and D3, good luck tonight with the over 5 in the Dal/NJ game.

Hope it cashes

POD Squad
    POD Squad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ty.. Gl to u all

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

toronto lost 2 centres to injury last game (Primeau and Grabovski) they won't be putting the puck in the net tonight. best play is Toronto under 3 goals had +106.

also playing tor/flo Under 5 goals at +248.
    played the line for tor/edm Under 5 goals at +279 and cashed nicely.

SlapShot87

Good luck hels.

I'm locked in on Fla/Tor 0 6 -105, Dal/NJ O 5 -135, and Bos -105 for tonight.

Also laying a bit of cash for the World Juniors tonight on CAN by 1.5.

SlapShot87

Went 1-3 on the night. Couple tough bs losses but more importantly lost the world juniors.

Must be something to do with global warming....

Depressing as a Canadian for sure.