JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

5dimes...are you serious?

I put this bet in as a live bet in an open parlay after the second period of the ducks game, ducks were up 3-2:

» Loss » 5/5/15 9:35pm Live In-Play Hockey 9071 Anaheim Ducks (1st 60 min) +½ -1257* vs Calgary Flames (1st 60 min)

Ducks game went to OT and they lost in OT. I have been arguing with 5Dimes for an hour because they claim the wager was graded correctly..WTF??

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

What is 5Dimes saying?

JameisBrady

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    What is 5Dimes saying?
    "check the rules, the wager was graded correctly"

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

Nice odds

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

It depends. Does it imply Ducks +0.5 based on the current score (2-3)? If so, it's a loss

If it means Ducks +0.5 regardless of the current score, then it's a winner and 5dimes are stupid since it clearly states (1st 60 minutes) so losing in OT is irrelevant

From the odds I'd assume it's the second one though, so looks like a winner to me.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by whareouttogetme View Post
    It depends. Does it imply Ducks +0.5 based on the current score (2-3)? If so, it's a loss

If it means Ducks +0.5 regardless of the current score, then it's a winner and 5dimes are stupid since it clearly states (1st 60 minutes) so losing in OT is irrelevant

From the odds I'd assume it's the second one though, so looks like a winner to me.
    Exactly, no way those odds would have been rest of game in regular time. Sounds like you got boned if that "1st 60 minutes" language is actually in the wager.

JameisBrady

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    Exactly, no way those odds would have been rest of game in regular time. Sounds like you got boned if that "1st 60 minutes" language is actually in the wager.
    Except I have made this same exact type of bet many times before with no issues. You dudes never live bet on 5d? I got this at second Intermission and the line makes sense since anaheim was up 3-2 at that point.

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

That should be a winner... Calgary would of had to win 4-3 in regulation in order for that to lose... -1200 sounds about right.

I would keep calling and asking for someone higher up

I will say tho that I have never seen a 'first 60 min' type of wager LIVE... only ML, pucklines from -1.5 all the way to -4.5, and totals...

Never a +.5 in regulation...

DRB
    DRB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

If you bet this between periods it is a winner. I see these kind of bets all the time at 5 dimes.
    I believe you will prevail but don't lose your cool !
    GoodLuck.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

this bet has to mean not to score next or from 3-2 but for the regulation time 60 minutes.
    that is why the odds are so high at -1257 which at 3-2 would take the Flames to get to 3-4
    in order to lose the bet. odds estimated that the Flames in the 3rd period to score 2 unanswered
    hence the big line.
    you're getting boned. contact sbr to call 5dimes on this. I'm surprised they haven't given you a
    good explanation, only saying "the bet was graded correctly", which it was not.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Quote Originally Posted by McDabs View Post
    That should be a winner... Calgary would of had to win 4-3 in regulation in order for that to lose... -1200 sounds about right.

I would keep calling and asking for someone higher up

I will say tho that I have never seen a 'first 60 min' type of wager LIVE... only ML, pucklines from -1.5 all the way to -4.5, and totals...

Never a +.5 in regulation...
    I see it offered on books all the time. It's called "double chance" and it'll be like "Capitals or draw", "Rangers or draw" or "Capitals or Rangers" all in regular time.

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

They did not grade that correctly. I see that all the time. I love 5dimes live in play between periods. Can get some serious odds on totals and such. I don't even bet games before they start because of this.

However why in the world would you even bet a -1000+ parlay or single. Just an awful move I think.