moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Sharks/Wings & Sens/Devils

No clue. Help.

figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit Red Wings -156
    (with a smaller bet on reg 0.5 +100)

Detroit can ill afford to go into SJ down by 2 thus this is their backs to the wall game and a trapped animal is when its most dangerous...they will be ready for this game as reports indicate the practice were uptempo and crisp. SJ is a physical team and i dont think they are going to be at the intensity level of game 1 and will be happy to go home with a split.

New Jersey Devils -118

This series is where i think the most money can be made for myself...joe public loves ottawa and disrespects the devils as the ottawa game is flashy and the devils are boring trap team...however remember that devils trap game has won them 3 cups and ottawa's flash has won them 3 boxes of golf balls.

Game 1 is a write off...they didn't play their game at all..give credit to ottawa..they jumped on the devils mistakes and brodeur had an off night. Look for the devils to come back tonight focused, they will not make the same turnover mistakes and brodeur usually bounces back after bad games. The return of Elias will give the devils a confidence and offensive boost too. Ottawa is also 0-7 after winning game 1 so they have a history of not putting away their opponents.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good points. I definitely expect a bounce back game from NJ. However, I like the Sharks at the price being given +135. They may not win, but it's worth a shot to me over taking the Wings at -150 or more.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tomas Holmstrom and Brett Lebda are out today, and that makes it really tough for me to back the Red Wings in this game.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I bet San Jose +146 today. I am not making a play on the Devils game #2, but I did throw in a play on Jersey to win the series at +280, in addition to the two Devils futures I am holding.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by figjam View Post
    Detroit Red Wings -156
    (with a smaller bet on reg 0.5 +100)

Detroit can ill afford to go into SJ down by 2 thus this is their backs to the wall game and a trapped animal is when its most dangerous...they will be ready for this game as reports indicate the practice were uptempo and crisp. SJ is a physical team and i dont think they are going to be at the intensity level of game 1 and will be happy to go home with a split.

New Jersey Devils -118

This series is where i think the most money can be made for myself...joe public loves ottawa and disrespects the devils as the ottawa game is flashy and the devils are boring trap team...however remember that devils trap game has won them 3 cups and ottawa's flash has won them 3 boxes of golf balls.

Game 1 is a write off...they didn't play their game at all..give credit to ottawa..they jumped on the devils mistakes and brodeur had an off night. Look for the devils to come back tonight focused, they will not make the same turnover mistakes and brodeur usually bounces back after bad games. The return of Elias will give the devils a confidence and offensive boost too. Ottawa is also 0-7 after winning game 1 so they have a history of not putting away their opponents.
    Thought Detroit was dead after Hasek's mistake early. What a game, nice call fig.

figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    Thought Detroit was dead after Hasek's mistake early. What a game, nice call fig.
    At that point i was kissing my -0.5 reg bet goodbye. I was surprised how sharp the sharks came out and how shaky the wings were.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14349

Just took Devils -120 small for game.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    New Jersey Devils +280 to beat Ottawa (placed after down 0-1 in series); New Jersey Devils +700 to win East; New Jersey Devils +1150 to win Stanley Cup; GO DEVILS!
    Ottawa is very underrated, they are MUCH better than New Jersey.

Ottawa will beat Buffalo and win the Eastern Conference.

moses millsap

Thank you figjam. Amazing.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Betplom,

How can anyone say that Ottawa is MUCH better than New Jersey, especially at this time of year? Aside from the obvious fact that the Devils finished ahead of the Sens in the standings, Jersey has the perfect defensive style to advance in the playoffs, the same style that has earned them three cups, The Senators are a flash team that must rely on a frantic pace to beat New Jersey, and I do not expect to see a replay of the first half of Game 1 any more in this series.

Most importantly, the Devils have already proven they know how to slow the potent Ottawa attack down, winning the last three regular season meetings 3-2, 3-2 (in Ottawa) and 2-1, and they successfully slowed the pace down again tonght in Game 2. I don't expect the Sens to have any more quick starts like Game 1 in this series, and as long as the Devils just play their game like they did tonight, I think +280 is great value at this point.