klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

New NHL Rules on faceoffs

Anyone else see this? Rule 76 If a defending player is guilty of a face-off violation, he remains in the circle. A second face-off violation will result in a two minute minor. Getting tossed out of the circle now means going to the box. WTF! So if you get that first violation you basically have to back off and let the other guy get the puck, or risk taking a two minute minor. Winning face-offs is critical part of the game, now you're going to penalize guys for being aggressive?

Also no more spin moves on penalty shots or shootouts. Great, just take away some of the exciting elements of the game why don't ya! Like it needs to be more boring.

I'm not sure if this affects anything from a betting standpoint but I wish they would quit screwing around with the rules! Let 'em play!

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

A penalty on the second violation has always been a part of the rules. It's called about 5 times per season though.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Quote Originally Posted by aznbluff View Post
    A penalty on the second violation has always been a part of the rules. It's called about 5 times per season though.
    Really? I thought you just got tossed out of the circle and someone else takes the faceoff. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I can't see them enforcing this late in the game. Guess we'll see