bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

figjam

OK figjam who we taking in the NHL playoffs series?

figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    OK figjam who we taking in the NHL playoffs series?
    Truthfully its wide open this year in the west, as for the east...the only 2 teams i can see coming out are Buff and NJ.

Whats your take?

bigboydan

I'm I crazy for liking Calgary over Detroit in that opening round series?

I'm looking at that series, and even the travel schedule favors the Flames.

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Calgary is crap. They are only the 4th best team in the northwest division. Should be at home for this round as they lost their way into the playoffs. Their coach will be even more of a liability in the playoffs than he was during the season. Tanguay should pull his normal postseason disappearing act and it will be another first round exit for the flames.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

i like calgary to. detroit has a history of chocking in the first round and history tends to repeat itself. Cagary has been playing alot better as a team down the streach run with some good goaltending by Kiprosoff. They had a tough time on the road this year but salvage that with a 4 game winninig streak on the road 2 weeks ago. If they win one game at detroit then everything is possible for them at home were they have the best home record of the NHL. Is Calgary going to go far? I see them winning 1 round max 2.

bigboydan

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only nut case liking the Flames xxx.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

You can never count out a team that has a goaltender the quality of Kiprusoff.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only nut case liking the Flames xxx.
    I like the Flames ALOT!

They play excellent playoff hockey, good defense, great goaltending, etc.

I noticed the lines at the Greek for this series:

209 Detroit Red Wings -245
    210 Calgary Flames +205

Compared to:

201 Buffalo Sabres -600
    202 New York Islanders +450

Actually, I like OTTAWA to beat the Sabres when they meet!

I remember when Detroit finished first overall a couple of times and never made the finals, the when they finished third overall they ended up beating Philly in 4 straight games in the Stanley Cup Finals.

After the Sabres kill the Isles I'll be going against them. I have seen enough OTTAWA BUFFALO games to know that the Sabres can be beat by the Sens.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like the Pens over the Sens.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post

Actually, I like OTTAWA to beat the Sabres when they meet!
    The Sens just don't play well in the playoffs though, and thats what scares me bud.

bside

Quote Originally Posted by xxx View Post
    detroit has a history of chocking in the first round and history tends to repeat itself.
    True Detroit does have a history of choking. But if you are going to quote history, you must also look at the Flames choke job last year.

Cagary has been playing alot better as a team down the streach run with some good goaltending by Kiprosoff.
    I guess if you consider giving up 18 goals in his last five starts better, with a playoff berth on the line.

at home were they have the best home record of the NHL.
    Actually Detroit managed 66 points at home and Minnesota garnered 63 points at home to Calgary's 62

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    I like the Flames ALOT!

They play excellent playoff hockey, good defense, great goaltending, etc.
    Their 2004 team played excellent playoff hockey advancing to the finals as a 6 seed out of the West. They also beat the number 1 seed Detroit Red Wings in the 2nd round. Their 2006 team won the Northwest division and was upset by 6th seeded Anaheim in the first round.

As for their great goal tending and great defense you are incorrect. Calgary is the worst team in the West (playoff teams) in both of these categories. They gave up 226 goals against this season and have the worst PK% of any WC team in the playoffs and they are 15th out of 16 playoff teams.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

I kind of like the Senators to make noise. They seem to have no pressure going in to the playoffs. Pittsburgh has pressure IMO.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

How does PIT have any pressure? It's their first time in the playoffs in 6 years. Even though they have top tier talent, no one is expecting the young guys to lead them far in their first trip in.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    How does PIT have any pressure? It's their first time in the playoffs in 6 years. Even though they have top tier talent, no one is expecting the young guys to lead them far in their first trip in.
    Your absolutely correct Mr.Eagles they don't have any. If anyone has pressure on them in this series it's the Sens, because of there historical choke jobs.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Sens WILL beat Pitt in this series!

They have better goaltending, much more experience and have been getting better as the season progressed. Pittsburgh played well in the reg season but I do not believe they are a playoff type team at the moment.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Either way alot of people are expecting them to go places, so I guess that is what I mean. So, whatever Sens will beat them handily anyway.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I need some winners figjam.

bside

Dallas
    NAshville