thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

mtl rangers series

looks like a tossup based on line who you got

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

This will come down to Rick Nash. He's been useless, even a negative, so far in the playoffs and that goes back to last year. He was pretty bad this year outside of a hot streak right after the olympics. If he gets hot the Rangers win in 5 or 6. If not, I think Habs in 7 probably.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    This will come down to Rick Nash. He's been useless, even a negative, so far in the playoffs and that goes back to last year. He was pretty bad this year outside of a hot streak right after the olympics. If he gets hot the Rangers win in 5 or 6. If not, I think Habs in 7 probably.

Gonna need more than Nash as only Ranger to score on Habs in regular season is no longer there. Good series to bet the Unders IMO

Simon Gruber

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Gonna need more than Nash as only Ranger to score on Habs in regular season is no longer there. Good series to bet the Unders IMO
    The rest of the team is rolling right now. Kreider has really stepped in and made a difference. I don't expect the overall level to decrease. With the way the rest of the team is playing right now, if you add a streaking Nash to the equation that's too much for Montreal to handle IMO. This is the biggest stage he's ever performed on - His time is now, or he'll be traded once the season is over.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

​don't think he goes anywhere regardless . Be tough to move with that contact . Also think he has no trade clause

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Habs look like they're destined to do be in the finals. I don't argue with destiny, even when all logic points away from it.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19040

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Habs look like they're destined to do be in the finals. I don't argue with destiny, even when all logic points away from it.
    u could say the same thing about the rangers

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

montreall in 5

ARoot55
    ARoot55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

I think some bounces start to go against the Habs. Some shots off posts may start going in and their PP may fall below 28% or wherever it ended up. They shot 10.15% in the series against Boston, which over the season would have been good for second in the entire NHL. Their season shooting percent was 8.97%, may not sound like a big difference but it is and they will come back down to Earth facing a better and hotter goalie.

I'm not sure who I'm picking just yet, but I think the Habs love is getting a little overblown at this point.

TheDonger
    TheDonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 869

It's hilarious how people who don't follow the team rate the series. Obviously I'm a MTL fan so w/e I'm not objective. However, it amaze me how NO RESPECT this team gets. MTL just beat the best team in the NHL... and I see someone saying "Rangers in 5". The kid must be disable.

The way I see it, if you beat the top dog, you become the top dog. Boston was favorite for the Stanley cup. They beat them in a very heated series... they now become the favorite. Let's just take a second and think "why did NYR came back?". It was all about attitude. A combination of the poor leadership/coaching staff of PIT and great leadership/coaching staff from NYR. To anyone who knows MTL, you have to know that attitude is the #1 thing that got them there. We got, in my humble opinion, the best coaching staff in the NHL. I say MTL in 5 or 6.
    Points Awarded:

face gave TheDonger 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ARoot55
    ARoot55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonger View Post
    It's hilarious how people who don't follow the team rate the series. Obviously I'm a MTL fan so w/e I'm not objective. However, it amaze me how NO RESPECT this team gets. MTL just beat the best team in the NHL... and I see someone saying "Rangers in 5". The kid must be disable.

The way I see it, if you beat the top dog, you become the top dog. Boston was favorite for the Stanley cup. They beat them in a very heated series... they now become the favorite. Let's just take a second and think "why did NYR came back?". It was all about attitude. A combination of the poor leadership/coaching staff of PIT and great leadership/coaching staff from NYR. To anyone who knows MTL, you have to know that attitude is the #1 thing that got them there. We got, in my humble opinion, the best coaching staff in the NHL. I say MTL in 5 or 6.
    What little respect are you talking about outside of one person saying Rangers in 5? Which I agree is absolutely insane. Everyone I've seen is taking Montreal and they're favored to win the series.

TheDonger
    TheDonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 869

Quote Originally Posted by ARoot55 View Post
    What little respect are you talking about outside of one person saying Rangers in 5? Which I agree is absolutely insane. Everyone I've seen is taking Montreal and they're favored to win the series.
    Just talking in general. I've heard bunch of guys on TSN giving nothing but crap to habs. I saw also on a couple of other threads bunch of people saying NYR in 6. Even the simple fact that you hesitate in that pick. Fan or not fan if you look at it from an objective stand point I see no factor favoring the NYR. Think about it this way, if it was BOS vs NYR would you hesitate 1 second in picking BOS? I would bet 2 to 1 odd that you wouldn't take more then 5 seconds.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

Two evenly matched teams that can easily go 7 games.
    Would be surprised to see 5 either way.
    I do think most Rangers fans wanted Montreal for match up purposes but sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

Simon Gruber

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonger View Post
    Just talking in general. I've heard bunch of guys on TSN giving nothing but crap to habs. I saw also on a couple of other threads bunch of people saying NYR in 6. Even the simple fact that you hesitate in that pick. Fan or not fan if you look at it from an objective stand point I see no factor favoring the NYR. Think about it this way, if it was BOS vs NYR would you hesitate 1 second in picking BOS? I would bet 2 to 1 odd that you wouldn't take more then 5 seconds.
    Just because you beat Boston doesn't make you the 1 seed. The fact that you think this is ridiculous. The Rangers have problems with overly physical teams (like Boston) which MTL is not. Most would still take Lundqvist over Price, and the Rangers D is slightly better than MTL. MTL puts more pucks in the net and they have home ice advantage.

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

habs won their cup beating bruins. the wad was blown.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Fuk the Rag times.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!

Lundquick lick my ass. Habs in 4.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Yes..YESS!!!!!

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!

Plus they got blackie!!!

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    habs won their cup beating bruins. the wad was blown.
    No!!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

rangers win the series, taking them +110 prob 6 or 7 games

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!

Fuk u lundkisst.

Simon Gruber

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post
    Fuk u lundkisst.
    drop dead you stupid piece of shit.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

montreal loses in 5.. This team really cant shoot, no speed, all they do is pass and shoot it in and go change. then wait for a perfect shot , which they dont even take. Passing it around is not gonna win games... FOCK THEM. i wanted them to win teh cup. but after watching them in boston series and now watching them again today, this team wont go anywhere. it ends here for them in 5!!

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

hope you came to your senses and hedged that parlay drfunk.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    drop dead you stupid piece of shit.
    Fuk you fruit cake. Get a better avatar f\*g.