LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Henrik Zetterberg to miss rest of Olympics For Sweden

Herniated Disc in back. I am sure the Red Wings are happy about this.

But that is the risk you take by NHL teams sending their players to Olympics.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

LT I hate the Olympic hockey tourny involving NHL players. If I was Zetterberg and I got hurt and was expected to miss significant time from the NHL season, I would feel guilty. It's irresponsible for players to play on during a period intended for rest from this devastating game. if chara, bergeron, rask, or krejci gets hurts its season over for my bruins..Will it be worth it when charas team is getting blown out 6-0 every game, he sustains an injury, and then cant compete for the Stanley cup for the team that pays his living?

The Olympics were a big deal in the early stages of civilizations, now its just an over hyped occasion for NBC. And Sochi is so ass-backwards that Russia is being exposed for the craphole is really is...GET US BACK TO NHL HOCKEY!

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

Detroit wasn't winning anything this year LT

Sweden is still one of the teams to beat

stepanekslips
    stepanekslips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats so shitty for Sweden futures. Bullshitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Zetterberg fukked his back in the nhl. Just a reinjured injury.

BeanTownClown88

If Z was using this time to rest, maybe he would be able to effectively help the team make a playoff push. This is when the marathon that is the NHL season develops into a sprint as we approach the second half of the year...the bruins have 17 games in March.

We already watched what happened last year when Chara began breaking down during the playoffs since he plays 35+ mins a night. Guys like that NEED this two week+ period of rest. From a Bruins standpoint, unless they sit Chara for half of the remaining regular season games, the guy is going to become more and more of a liability come playoff time.
    I get the national pride aspect and if other NHL'ers are goiing to rep, then its hard for others to sit back. I hope they really ban NHL players from the olympics after this year. The two weeks of gallivanting around Sochi is not worth the 6 months of wondering 'What if' our teams pivotal players weren't burning themselves out in meaningless games, but instead took the time to heal, rest, and refresh.

Ah sorry for the rant! Maybe if Crosby suffers a season ending injury in the next week or so people would begin to agree with this sentiment

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

The problem is this. I would rather see amateurs play instead of pros but you get teams like Russia that play pros anyhow and it fukks everything up. Canada really wouldn't have a team because all those worthy are already being paid.

BeanTownClown88

I'd say just keep NHL players out. If KHL players want to play, or semi-pro Canadian players, I'm all for it in respect to those two nations. I mean we have games with great players that aren't even televised going on right now! Its fricken figure skating on NBC right now...so couldn't we do with not using the NHL studs?

I'd rather there be a major divide between the skilled and sorry olympic hockey rosters in return for all the NHL players being healthy and as well rested as possible so we can see the fireworks during the post season.

I compare hockey's brutality to the NFL. If NFL players took two weeks mid season to play in some other tournament which resulted in injuries and guys not being in the best possible shape for the playoffs, the fan base would be red hot pissed I feel like

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    I'd say just keep NHL players out. If KHL players want to play, or semi-pro Canadian players, I'm all for it in respect to those two nations. I mean we have games with great players that aren't even televised going on right now! Its fricken figure skating on NBC right now...so couldn't we do with not using the NHL studs?

I'd rather there be a major divide between the skilled and sorry olympic hockey rosters in return for all the NHL players being healthy and as well rested as possible so we can see the fireworks during the post season.

I compare hockey's brutality to the NFL. If NFL players took two weeks mid season to play in some other tournament which resulted in injuries and guys not being in the best possible shape for the playoffs, the fan base would be red hot pissed I feel like
    The NHL players want to play and look at it as a huge honor as you would expect. Touchy subject that inevitably players union will always win.

BeanTownClown88

Especially if this in anyway slights the owners, Im sure the players are all for it. As usual the fans suffer!

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

So amusing to read your arrogant and ignorant American/Canadian posts. As if NHL is the only league in the world existing. Why do you think Kovalchuk left NHL? Get off your pedestals already! If Zetterberg got injured playing European hockey, don't you think he would get injured in NHL even more likely?

BeanTownClown88

I'm pretty sure we were using those as examples and we weren't attacking anyone in the forum..The NHL is the only league in the world worth playing in, once you made it to the NHL you made it to the top. If you don't agree with that fine, but no need to attack anyone over their views..
    We can't say if Zetterberg would have gotten hurt eventually, but we could argue that right this instant, if he wasnt playing in the Olympics, he would be healing and resting, getting primed for a playoff run. That is all..

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Zetterberg was hurt going into the Olympics. Stop using him as an example. He buried his back in the nhl before the Olympics.

BeanTownClown88

Ok Replace Zetterberg with Selanne or one of the big names Im sure we'll hear over the course of this tournament.

But as far as Zetterberg is concerned, he had a choice to either rest his ailing back or go play in the olympics and potentially have some no name amateur from Norway end his season. Is this a risk we'd want our top producer take?

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

This could be the last Olympics for NHL players anyways. The NHL will bring back the shitty World Cup so they can monetize it themselves. NHL does not make anything from the Olympics.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

sorry to hear that news

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

More playing time for tartar, nyquist, sheahan,etc.

Detroit won't miss anything.

Sweden has enough depth too.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    This could be the last Olympics for NHL players anyways. The NHL will bring back the shitty World Cup so they can monetize it themselves. NHL does not make anything from the Olympics.
    The NHL doesn't have the power to do that. Like this year when it was said they might not have an Olympic break Ovechkin just said I'm playing no matter what.

prophesyPRO
    prophesyPRO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 543

Quote Originally Posted by beantownclown88 View Post
    bass-ackwards
    ftfy

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    More playing time for tartar, nyquist, sheahan,etc.

Detroit won't miss anything.

Sweden has enough depth too.
    Those 3 are already playing regularly. They are still missing Franzen, too.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    The NHL doesn't have the power to do that. Like this year when it was said they might not have an Olympic break Ovechkin just said I'm playing no matter what.
    I think in 2018 it will be different since its in South Korea. The owners and players will have to decide if its worth it in 4 years.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Those 3 are already playing regularly. They are still missing Franzen, too.
    Not that many minutes.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Big blow for team. Sweden

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Not that many minutes.
    I watch every game. They play a considerable amount for rookies and arguably have performed the greatest for the team.

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Big blow for team. Sweden
    Not like Sweden was going to do anything major anyway sorry to say.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 316

Bad news for Detroit fans also. I am not complaining however.

Robber

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    Not like Sweden was going to do anything major anyway sorry to say.
    Wrong

They'll make the semis at least

Very good team

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Yeah, lets ban the NHL players so Russia and Sweden are the only two nations that can compete for gold. They would just load up with professional players from the KHL and Swedish Elite League if that happened.

Robber

Sweden should win easily on Wednesday

cruzing vato
    cruzing vato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Zetterberg is almost 40 right? He's about done anyway. Sweden might still win the gold.. go svierge.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1494

Zero effect. Canada still cruises to the Gold.

Robber

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    Zero effect. Canada still cruises to the Gold.
    Canada hasn't been so strong so far but they are the favorites

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9269

.Yikes, sucks for his nhl team

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 316

Canada wins gold. Crosby score winner again.

Robber

Quote Originally Posted by cruzing vato View Post
    Zetterberg is almost 40 right? He's about done anyway. Sweden might still win the gold.. go svierge.
    What the hell is wrong with you? He's 33 and one of the best players in the world

12 Last