RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Playing only hockey tonight.....lots of juicy plays thx
    College hoops card is awful tonight no matter what that awful college hoops forum says...man, I can stand some of those posters!
    Lines are so sharp I can't get near them without getting pricked!

The nhl board is great - good insights and not much cockiness.

Only one I'm going to play in college hoops is U Wash (+4)...this is a premium pick that I got for free for doing some college hoops write-ups, but I have come to find out that premium picks are not much better than free ones...senior night and Washington matches up well (from what I've read) with UCLA and is also a good home team. I only go with premium picks that I already had leans for.

RollinDo

Take a look at Wash vs Boston under

Wash just picked up Havlak who owns Boston
    Thanks, but just not feelin' that one...Boston could rack up 4 or more vs. a tired and not very good Washington team.
    I like Boston ML better.

JonEJet
    JonEJet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1379

THanks for the Wash play....want to play it, but going to stick with my original plan and only play pucks tonight

Tailing all your plays....Love Boston at home, but with Rask and Havlak, thinking under.....but I'll listen to you and lay off

If it goes well early I may pound your SJ under late
    Last edited by JonEJet; 03-06-14 at 11:16 AM.

RollinDo

THanks for the Wash play....want to play it, but going to stick with my original plan and only play pucks tonight

Tailing all your plays....Love Boston at home, but with Rask and Havlak, thinking under.....but I'll listen to you and lay off

If it goes well early I may pound your SJ under late

Best to stick with original plan...deviating from it has cost me the last 3 nights. If I had stuck to my original blueprint, would have won 3 nights straight instead of lose 3 straight.
    I just dish out insight - not forcing anyone.
    You may want to check out the Grand Salami Under tonight. I think it will hit fairly easily.

JonEJet

WHat I may do is this

List all plays as 1,2,3,4....so

1= SJ vs Pit under
    2= Mon vs Phx under
    ect
    ect

Then parlay the group

1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, 3-4
    1-2-3, 1-2-4, 1-3-4, 2-3-4
    1-2-3-4

Lets say you win 3 of 4 games, you have fair night

All 4, monster night

I did this a few years ago half way through and killed it for half the season

RollinDo

Man, I'm not THAT confident in these.
    If you lose 3 of 4, that will destroy your bankroll.
    I'm looking to make small strides to get back to even...which I'm far from.

Last night I leaned another lesson in not betting 3 separate wagers on the same game...I lost all 3 with SMU.

I'm just doing an "If" bet and 1 separate Under (Monty @ Phoenix)
    I have decided to just go with Vancouver (Under 2.5) when it comes out, as I like the Under, but I like Dallas to shut down a struggling Canucks offense even more...Lehtonen has allowed 2 goals in last 3 games vs. Vancouver.

TB is starting their backup who is unrealiable even against a weak Sabres club.

amarius87
    amarius87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4302

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Tried a Reverse Action last night - didn't put it in, but confused about how it works. In my last 3 parlays, 2 of 3 have won, so would be nice to know about this.

I have 4 Under leans for tonight...will confirm later...

Colorado @ Detroit (Under 5.5)
    Vancouver @ Dallas (Under 5.5)
    Montreal @ Phoenix (Under 5.5)
    NY Isles @ Edmonton (Under 5.5)

I think that all of them except the last should be Under 5.
    My strongest lean is probably Colorado @ Detroit and Montreal @ Phoenix (though Montreal is on a b2b, but Phoenix not scoring much)
    sent a message... didnt want to send a huge message on here and take up space.. regarding the if bets

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by amarius87 View Post
    sent a message... didnt want to send a huge message on here and take up space.. regarding the if bets
    Thanks bud!

RollinDo

I have this IF WIN parlay for tonight...mild payout, but still confident it'll hit.

Parlay 1: Boston (ML - reg.) / Chicago (ML - reg.)
    1 unit to win 1 unit
    Parlay 2: (if #1 hits) Mich. State (ML) / Colorado Avs (+1.5)
    to win 1 more unit

RollinDo

And My Under plays for Thurs. night:
    Current Under record: 31-15

Play 1: (if bet) Pitt @ SJ (Under 5.5) ---> Colorado @ Detroit (Under 5.5)
    1.15 units to win 1.9 units

Play 2: Vancouver (Under 2.5)
    .6 units to win .5 units
    Play 3: Montreal @ Phoenix (Under 5.5)
    .65 units to win .5 units

amarius87

i like mtl vs phoenix under tonight... that was my most confident pick as well, mtl played last night had a high scoring game, so should tighten up defensivly against a team that struggles to score theses days...

im gonna stay away from the islanders/eddy game.. that game has the potential to be 2-0 islanders intot he third and then bamm the typical islanders collapse and give up 3 -4 goals.

what do you think about stlouis vs nashville under.. i am heavilly leaning the under in that game... 19/25 games between the two in nashville have gone under... also... miller vs rinne.. should help... and compared to phoenix and tampa.. nashville has a solid d.

im leaning mtl and stlouis games under 5 actually.
    might just even play the under 5 in regulation with asian handicap goal line few minutes before game starts. ( bit less of a payout then 5 with shootout and ot included, but i can see both games as 2-2 max in regulation.

what you think?

RollinDo

i like mtl vs phoenix under tonight... that was my most confident pick as well, mtl played last night had a high scoring game, so should tighten up defensivly against a team that struggles to score theses days...

im gonna stay away from the islanders/eddy game.. that game has the potential to be 2-0 islanders intot he third and then bamm the typical islanders collapse and give up 3 -4 goals.

what do you think about stlouis vs nashville under.. i am heavilly leaning the under in that game... 19/25 games between the two in nashville have gone under... also... miller vs rinne.. should help... and compared to phoenix and tampa.. nashville has a solid d.

im leaning mtl and stlouis games under 5 actually.
    might just even play the under 5 in regulation with asian handicap goal line few minutes before game starts. ( bit less of a payout then 5 with shootout and ot included, but i can see both games as 2-2 max in regulation.

what you think?
    Well, you know a lot more about nhl than I do - I just know the teams but not the players...general idea about goaltenders. I have only watched 1 nhl game all year and don't even know this miller - what happened to halak? And I've only heard of Rinne a week ago.
    Seems like a lot of people are on StL-Nash Under.
    i try to stay away from St. Louis and Unders.
    Yeah - why not go with MtL-Phoenix (Under 5)? I tried going down from 5.5 to 5 twice, and both times ended up 5 goals total, so ended up a draw. So I tend to stick with the hook when given.

RollinDo

I like the Vancouver (Under 2.5 goals) tonight as my best play.
    Last time 'Nucks scored more than 2 was in January! That was like 7-8 games ago!
    And now they're facing Lehtonen, who has surrendered 2 goals in 2 games vs. Vancouver this season, and a Dallas team that needs this game badly. Hey - if I lose, I lose, but the writing is on the wall here.

amarius87

Well, you know a lot more about nhl than I do - I just know the teams but not the players...general idea about goaltenders. I have only watched 1 nhl game all year and don't even know this miller - what happened to halak? And I've only heard of Rinne a week ago.
    Seems like a lot of people are on StL-Nash Under.
    i try to stay away from St. Louis and Unders.
    Yeah - why not go with MtL-Phoenix (Under 5)? I tried going down from 5.5 to 5 twice, and both times ended up 5 goals total, so ended up a draw. So I tend to stick with the hook when given.
    halak got traded to buffalo for miller then halak got traded to capitals.
    rinne is an allstar goalie that was out for few months with hip surgery.

shaggydog88
    shaggydog88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

love the under for nashville/st louis.

JonEJet

<<<<<,cough>>>>>>Boston under<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>

RollinDo

<<<<<,cough>>>>>>Boston under<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>

Yeah, rub it in bro!
    I did an IF WIN bet where 2nd Under won. Only reason for that is if 2nd hits, you hedge on 1st...of course my son was all over me and I couldn't break free to put in Over 5.5 for Sharks-Pens.
    Let's just hope that hits or the 1st Under win was for nothing.

RollinDo

My Under bets stunk tonight...pathetic.
    One of reasons I played SJ Under was for the IF WIN bet I placed with the Detroit - Colorado Under hitting as the 2nd play
    I wasn't able to hedge like I was planning to bet on Over 5.5 before game started (to ensure a profit either way)...And my biggest fear came about as a ton of goals were scored in 3rd period and I lost a lot on a 2-2 night picking Unders.

So I woulda shoulda gone 3-1 if I had just bet my top 4 Games straight up. But I have to count Sharks as a loss since I did wager on it...and actually felt 50-50 like it might hit.

Man, I seriously need help with money management & wagering techniques too!
    Record: 33-17

JonEJet

Need 1 or 2 unders. That;s your thing.

RollinDo

Need 1 or 2 unders. That;s your thing.
    Man, I need it more than you.
    So far in the red not even funny.

Won $1 yesterday instead of $10...really wasn't high on Sharks Under to begin with, but since it was a later game, my plan was to hit the Under in the Avs-Wings game and then hedge with positive $$ on the Over 5.5 in the Sharks game. The Avs-Wings game started later than expected and then I didn't realize there was live betting for the Sharks game. I checked in late in 2nd intermission and went to place bet for +180 (Over 5.5), but as I did it, books said it is no longer available, as 3rd period had just started.
    That may have been one of the worst breaks since I started betting about a year ago.
    This week full of tough breaks and bad decisions...not going to bet this weekend...maybe not even tonight.

Having little ones to take care of does not go hand in hand with sports betting.

Ok - so my leans for today:

Buff-Florida (Under 5.5)
    Rangers - Canes (Under 5.5)
    Devs-Wings (Under 5)

Lean to GS Under too.
    Last edited by RollinDo; 03-07-14 at 08:27 AM.

JonEJet

I had St Louis -1.5 in a beautiful 3 teamer

Missed 2 open nets at the end....still a decent day, going big on Boston and LA

Lets get it back today

Perfect example as to only go with 2 team parlays

RollinDo

I had St Louis -1.5 in a beautiful 3 teamer

Missed 2 open nets at the end....still a decent day, going big on Boston and LA

Lets get it back today

Perfect example as to only go with 2 team parlays
    Well, I guess we both learned...and don't fall into the trap of -1.5. I got advice to go with -1 in case they only win by 1, it's a push, but if they win by 2+, it's still a good payout. And why did you do that in a 3-team parlay??????
    Just go for the ML. You had an easy winner man.

With parlays, give yourself a cushion with each game.
    Last night I went with Bos (ML - 60 min.) / Chicago (ML - 60 min.)...so that if either team tied, I would still come out winning if 1 of the 2 teams wins SU.
    That was a lesson I learned with the Sharks - should have gone with +1/2 so that in case of a tie, I would win the parlay. And I know that they are not a good OT team...especially in shootouts!
    Sharks are my least fave team right now - when I want them to win, they don't and when they look like they're going to lose (like last night down 2-0 with 2:00 left in 2nd) end up winning by 2!

RollinDo

Today's plays (gotta stick to these!) Should have gone 3-1 yesterday!

Buff-Florida (Under 5.5)
    Luongo probably in net for Panthers in debut...not sure about the new dude for Buffalo, which is my only concern...I will check into, but I believe these teams have a recent history of going Under.

NY Rangers (Under 2.5)...Khubodin is a beast at home, with 1.8 GAA and Rangers have not faced him before...like 'Canes to win too...probably 4-2 or 3-2.

Grand Salami *Under* (line not out yet, but this looks solid tonight, as I see most games going Under)...should go Under by about 5 goals.

RollinDo

Doing some research on Rangers...they own Carolina, and even with Khubodin in net, they might eek out 3 goals.
    Maybe I'll go with the Under here...leaning more toward GS Under instead of picking a bunch of Unders.
    I like NJ - Detroit Under too, and did at first.

JonEJet

Just go for the ML. You had an easy winner man.

With parlays, give yourself a cushion with each game.
    Last night I went with Bos (ML - 60 min.) / Chicago (ML - 60 min.)...so that if either team tied, I would still come out winning if 1 of the 2 teams wins SU.
    All 3 games were 1.5 $100 to win $1000

JonEJet

Doing some research on Rangers...they own Carolina, and even with Khubodin in net, they might eek out 3 goals.
    Maybe I'll go with the Under here...leaning more toward GS Under instead of picking a bunch of Unders.
    I like NJ - Detroit Under too, and did at first.

Many here like Rangers.......I was leaning Rangers, but just may lay off

Carollina looked good in SJ the other night....may have turned the corner....Rangers lost their Captain in Callahan....just don't have a feel for them right now

I think the Ducks are the play for me tonight

RollinDo

All 3 games were 1.5 $100 to win $1000
    Personally, I'd be happy with a payout of 3:1.
    Those 10:1 payouts are tough to hit...almost did it last night though!
    For future reference, and you don't have to take the advice, play all teams at -1 to be safe.
    For me, it's all 3 teams and the ML, but I am a "safe" bettor.

RollinDo

If Max58 is on Rangers -1.5, that's enough for me to stay away from Canes. I still think they stay within 1 goal of Rangers.
    Grand Salami Under at 26.5 is my POD!
    I see the total being 24 at most.

JonEJet

If Max58 is on Rangers -1.5, that's enough for me to stay away from Canes. I still think they stay within 1 goal of Rangers.
    Grand Salami Under at 26.5 is my POD!
    I see the total being 24 at most.

Been wanting to play that.....I think tonight's the night my man

amarius87

Hard games to cap tonight, but the sabres Florida game seems like a under game..
    what do you think about Chicago vs Memphis in nba at under 180.5.. Should be a tight defensive game .. I'm thinking

RollinDo

Hard games to cap tonight, but the sabres Florida game seems like a under game..
    what do you think about Chicago vs Memphis in nba at under 180.5.. Should be a tight defensive game .. I'm thinking
    Amarius - I know less about nba than nhl actually, but have followed scores nearly daily this season since I bet from time to time on nba.
    Tonight I have Toronto ML to close out a parlay from yesterday. A few people think they even cover easily tonight vs. Sacramento.

I think the Under is a strong play there, but the offenses have been picking up lately and Memphis - usually an easy team for an Under, has been fooling people lately. I am leaning the Under in Cavs-Charlotte even more.

RollinDo

Instead of taking a few Unders in nhl, I went with the Grand Salami Under 26.5.
    If you saw one of my posts yesterday, I said the GS should hit, and I believe it did. Don't want another opportunity to slide away, so dishing it out to y'all today early...no locks, no guarantees - just a really good feeling - just remember it just takes 1 game to destroy the Grand Salami, but I don't see where that would come from tonight, as every game has a better than average chance of going Under tonight.

amarius87

Yea agreed on the gs... If there is any game it's prolly the ducks/pens game.. If Pitts plays crap d and bad goaltending, that game is gonna be one extreme or the other I think.

JonEJet

Really like that under salami play under 26.5

RollinDo

Yea agreed on the gs... If there is any game it's prolly the ducks/pens game.. If Pitts plays crap d and bad goaltending, that game is gonna be one extreme or the other I think.
    I'll have to assess the situation after the first 4 games are done. If I win the Buff-FL Under bet, and the GS is in jeopardy of hitting - 5 or 6 goals away, then will hedge a small wager with Pens-Ducks Over 5.5.
    I just don't think it will come to that and the last game may need 8 or 9 goals to go over.

First 1234 Last